2796 7 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46207 ft
Australia

Hi
Has anyone had any news when the bug will be fixed for the authorisation zone unlock. Getting very frustrated, I can't even fly it in the house to show my friends.. Anyway to bypass the GPS?

Cheers
2019-12-21
Use props
fans74d9fc64
lvl.1
United States

have your controller ready to go with your phone connected....   turn on the drone last , set it down and put sticks in the take off position and as soon as the motors start get it up in the air..... a message will appear.... ignore it until a new home position comes up then cancel it....  you should be able to keep flying it.      if not try different combinations of ok and ignore etc .   i had a combo a few times that let me keep flying.   
2019-12-21
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Afaik, it will land when it detects it’s in a NFZ. To fly it indoors (if you have Android), just use fakegps. As long as the drone doesn’t get gps lock you should be good to go. Kinda silly of DJI to not allow flying indoors, regardless of NFZ. If there’s a plane coming through the house, the Mini will be the last of their concerns
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the authority to bypass the GPS since it will against the law. Also, We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-21
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 09:34
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the authority to bypass the GPS since it will against the law. Also, We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Against what law in Czech Republic exactly?
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46207 ft
Australia

Very frustrating.. Christmas time and I can't take some video of the beach.. Hope the update comes before Christmas as I want some video on Christmas day at the beach.

Hint DJI

Thanks
2019-12-21
Use props
Jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 09:34

That's not true.  Its not against the law for you guys to unlock these drones now or before they started shipping.  Its against the law for the user to fly the drone in a zone where its not allowed to fly.  There's a big difference.  It would be like saying that Ford wont let you drive your car because you might drive it drunk.  Or the company that makes your kitchen knife set not selling them anymore because you could cut yourself or someone else with them.
Its the responsibility of the end user to abide by the laws in the country they live in.

The problem we have here is that DJI has decided that they would be the enforcement agency for the various governments around the world.
Here in the USA if the congress passes a law that requires ALL of these drone manufacturers to impose the FAA limits on flying then they would be required to do so. But that's not the case YET!  This is a decision that DJI has made.

The reason we have the Mavic Mini at all right now before the software was even finished is one simple reason.... the Christmas shopping season!!!!  They had to get this drone on the market ASAP before the Christmas shopping season!  Its strictly a marketing decision.  I get it, they want to sell them, but there will be a larger % of disappointed buyers because of this decision and they knew this. Apparently they calculated that it would be worth it.
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_aixnEmxMxrZH
New
Portugal

Boa tarde, como faço para poder desbloquear a zona azul no meu drone, já fui ao site flysafe, fiz td, mandou o SMS para o telemóvel para confirmar, diz que a zona está desbloqueada e não dá nada, não desbloqueia.
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules