Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can DJI restart the Zenmuse program?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice to have better cameras to work with for the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 than what we have now.  Having onboard better HDR support would be great to start as well as a zoom camera.  This way all the Inspire pilots could fly again and drive the prices back up.  If not have a Hassleblad program.  The P4 and M2P are great drones but there are people who have a bit more money to work with but not so much in affording a $50k+ setup.  Rather than make an Inspire 3, just make better cameras for the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 2.  You can go places where the Inspire 2 limits you.  The red geo zones are 95% less on the Inspire 1.  A fixed lens would cut the weight savings than having it interchangeable.  It would also cost less money to make.  The P4 and M2P are fixed lens.
2019-12-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The inspire 1 is a dinosaur and inspire 2 is about to be too (read end), already a classic as well being 3 yrs old but the camera technology still is up to date.
You can put any 4/3 zoom lens on either inspire 1 or 2 with the x5 and x5s.
In terms of inspire 1 x5r, the quality is still pretty good so there's no need for any upgrades. There's a footage quality comparison on youtube of i2 x7 and i1 x5r and they're pretty neck and neck, a main difference would be resolution.
The i1 x5 is a notch down with less shades of light as seen on the youtube video on the x5 and x5r comparison.

The main difference of i1 and i2 would be the aircraft itself, with obstacle avoidance making return to home safer. Flight time for i1x5r only has about 15 min while i2x5s has 22 min.
i2 is also faster and smoother.

The inspire 3 however is inevitable and surely it is under development because the next generation drones will have a much higher level of autonomy through better processors like the skydio
2019-12-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 12-21 08:46
The inspire 1 is a dinosaur and inspire 2 is about to be too (read end), already a classic as well being 3 yrs old but the camera technology still is up to date.
You can put any 4/3 zoom lens on either inspire 1 or 2 with the x5 and x5s.
In terms of inspire 1 x5r, the quality is still pretty good so there's no need for any upgrades. There's a footage quality comparison on youtube of i2 x7 and i1 x5r and they're pretty neck and neck, a main difference would be resolution.

Inspire 1 is not garbage.  There is zero need for OA if you fly high enough to clear all the obstacles which takes not even a couple of seconds.  An Inspire 3 would only be good if you can use Inspire 2 hardware but even the Inspire 2s are going for $3k on resell.  Inspire 1 are still around $1k.  Sure the up and running time from the ground isn't as quick as the M2 and the range and feed quality isn't as good but coming from DIY drones in the very beginning, it is definitely premium.  The XT on the Inspire 1 that I got for around $4k total is definitely a lot better than the M2ED.
2019-12-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 12-21 14:04
Inspire 1 is not garbage.  There is zero need for OA if you fly high enough to clear all the obstacles which takes not even a couple of seconds.  An Inspire 3 would only be good if you can use Inspire 2 hardware but even the Inspire 2s are going for $3k on resell.  Inspire 1 are still around $1k.  Sure the up and running time from the ground isn't as quick as the M2 and the range and feed quality isn't as good but coming from DIY drones in the very beginning, it is definitely premium.  The XT on the Inspire 1 that I got for around $4k total is definitely a lot better than the M2ED.
I do not mean garbage for dinosaur.. I just mean it's very classic. But the x5r when compared to the x7 they're neck and neck. So inspire 1 is still up to date in camera And OA of the inspire 2 is just not good enough for cinematic videos on obstacle/tight spaces so it's not really needed.

However the x3 camera is def out of date and the x4s is just about too
2019-12-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 12-21 20:29
I do not mean garbage for dinosaur.. I just mean it's very classic. But the x5r when compared to the x7 they're neck and neck. So inspire 1 is still up to date in camera  And OA of the inspire 2 is just not good enough for cinematic videos on obstacle/tight spaces so it's not really needed.

However the x3 camera is def out of date and the x4s is just about too

Of course, the P4 and the M2 would be more suffice but flying at 80mph with no legs or props on the screen puts it on another level.  The problem would be hitting Atti mode and controller signal loss while far out.  It would be blown away with the wind as the systems of the Inspire 1 are indeed ancient.

40mph Sport mode on the P4 will always put the props on 1/3 of the screen in forward flight and the M2 will duck the camera angle down a few dozen of degrees to mask that problem.

2019-12-22
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 12-22 07:19
Of course, the P4 and the M2 would be more suffice but flying at 80mph with no legs or props on the screen puts it on another level.  The problem would be hitting Atti mode and controller signal loss while far out.  It would be blown away with the wind as the systems of the Inspire 1 are indeed ancient.

40mph Sport mode on the P4 will always put the props on 1/3 of the screen in forward flight and the M2 will duck the camera angle down a few dozen of degrees to mask that problem.
The inspire 1 automatically switches to gps rth whenever it gets rc signal loss at atti mode. Also it can do a no wind 80kmh with x3 and 70kmh with x5. Not mph unless huge tailwind. I have flown the inspire 1 on 40mph wind with 50mph gust and it still went home on rth from rc signal loss. Had that been another small drone, it wouldn't make it back.
2019-12-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 12-22 07:35
The inspire 1 automatically switches to gps rth whenever it gets rc signal loss at atti mode. Also it can do a no wind 80kmh with x3 and 70kmh with x5. Not mph unless huge tailwind. I have flown the inspire 1 on 40mph wind with 50mph gust and it still went home on rth from rc signal loss. Had that been another small drone, it wouldn't make it back.

Why fly in 50mph gust?
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules