Osmo Mobile 3 - Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Skype Face Tracking?
38837 78 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shebasp
New
Flight distance : 208074 ft
Argentina

Hi, I received today my OSMO Mobile 3 and now I'm facing this big disappointment. Will this feature be in your roadmap? Please, answer our concerns and questions, some of us are trusting in DJI yet.
2020-5-21
Use props
DJin254
New

Singapore

Hi, with the massive increase in video calls/meetings now I was looking at getting a gimbal for this reason, but as I expected the advanced features only work in the app. But I thought of a stupid idea: what if you could put 2 phones on the gimbal, one to control the gimbal, and one to video call?
2020-5-25
Use props
hatchy
lvl.1
Australia

the best way to force change is to go onto the app store and down rate your reviews to 1 star for the mimo app. its on 3 stars but if we all do one star it will drop and affect their sales. big companies listen not to their consumers who have already brought their product but to their sails, we hold the power to affect people from buying this product. you have been asking for this for a long time and no change so thake 2 mins to go onto the app store and say that it only gets 1 star because DJI wont listen to calls for live streaming.
2020-5-27
Use props
Tb786
lvl.1

Réunion

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-21 13:49
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has the Face-Tracking feature. However, the DJI Mimo application doesn't support Facebook Livestream as of the moment. This concern was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

still waiting !
2020-5-28
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

I'm waiting too.........
2020-5-29
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

hatchy Posted at 5-27 16:18
the best way to force change is to go onto the app store and down rate your reviews to 1 star for the mimo app. its on 3 stars but if we all do one star it will drop and affect their sales. big companies listen not to their consumers who have already brought their product but to their sails, we hold the power to affect people from buying this product. you have been asking for this for a long time and no change so thake 2 mins to go onto the app store and say that it only gets 1 star because DJI wont listen to calls for live streaming.

Sounds like a great idea! Come on guys! Into the appstore / Google play and give the app 1 star ...
Right now, the DJI Mimo app has only 23 ratings in the app store
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_oqtT7fOQrd7T
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 15:49
Hi, we will keep you posted once we have an update on the said query. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

Yes!  Please. My main purpose for getting this was for face tracking on Facebook live.

Any idea when the update will come?

Also, DJI go app doesn’t seem to work with my osmo 3. Is that correct?
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_oqtT7fOQrd7T
New

United States

the best way to force change is to go onto the app store and down rate your reviews to 1 star for the mimo app. its on 3 stars but if we all do one star it will drop and affect their sales. big companies listen not to their consumers who have already brought their product but to their sails, we hold the power to affect people from buying this product. you have been asking for this for a long time and no change so thake 2 mins to go onto the app store and say that it only gets 1 star because DJI wont listen to calls for live streaming.

I’m going to do this right now. My only reason for getting this was for Facebook live. So disappointed.
2020-5-29
Use props
markfrancis
New

United States

Idewald Posted at 5-29 08:29
Sounds like a great idea! Come on guys! Into the appstore / Google play and give the app 1 star ...
Right now, the DJI Mimo app has only 23 ratings in the app store

wait forever you idiots, it's clear the dji app controls the gimbal movement for face tracking. Face tracking inside a facebook app would require an update from facebook or apple
2020-5-30
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

markfrancis Posted at 5-30 14:25
wait forever you idiots, it's clear the dji app controls the gimbal movement for face tracking. Face tracking inside a facebook app would require an update from facebook or apple

and you are...? Facebook app? Apple update?  Come on! Please read the thread before commenting
Developer response to review in Appstore May 25:

`Hi there, thank you very much for your suggestion, we've already recorded your great idea to our product team, it needs time to access and make it. Hoping you can kindly understand that and keep your eyes on the update of later versions. Thank you for your support of DJI! Have a nice day!`
2020-6-1
Use props
darinmorton
New

United States

i, too, purchased the gimble for use in live streaming...college course now virtual.   at least i didn't buy the camera (had planned to use the iPhone, which, of course, doesn't work either) ....but i would buy the osmo action camera tomorrow if this situation was fixed.  for now, the gimble sits in the corner.   
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_rwnRQlh30jpl
New

Malaysia

cmpenney Posted at 2-14 04:45
I recently purchased the OSMO 3 just for Facebook live after reading that others were doing it. It wasn't until I got the device and actually tried it that I found it works in the version 2 software but not in the version 3. I have to admit this is about the first time I've seen a company release a new version of a product that removes a feature that I imagine is pretty key to a lot of people. Being able to Live Stream to Facebook, Youtube, etc. is what I would think most people buy devices like this for.

I have to say I've very disappointed right now as I'm stuck with a device that doesn't do what I bought it for especially considering that you CAN do it on the old platform. I hope they correct this massive oversight soon.

and after i read you comment I got disappointed too. because today I happen to buy the latest and if I knew I can do it with older version I’d definitely buy the older version.
2020-6-14
Use props
Deilson Cr
New

Ireland

djiuser_rwnRQlh30jpl Posted at 6-14 09:43
and after i read you comment I got disappointed too. because today I happen to buy the latest and if I knew I can do it with older version I’d definitely buy the older version.

so do I, how in earth a company released almost the same product and not with one of the most important thing on it. ? I just got my OSMO 3. delivered yesterday now I just found out that I can't send it back to swap for another one, im so disappointed, and I'm trying to sell it but no one wants to buy it because of the same problem, that's so bad .
2020-6-23
Use props
Deilson Cr
New

Ireland

I'm stuck with OSMO 3, the main reason I got it was for LIVE STREAM , using for ZOOM meeting or Facebook live, now Oslo 3 doesn't do it like number 2 , Im so disappointed with that.
0 stars
2020-6-23
Use props
Deilson Cr
New

Ireland

still waiting ! this company gives no support AT ALLLLLL
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_PPw1huLoXdZr
lvl.1

United States

Osmo is slacking big time if they can’t get their face tracking program to work outside of its app before COVID is gone.
Come on guys! Get it done!!!
2020-6-28
Use props
Steelcase CX
New

Germany

Just echoing the many comments above.... With travel restrictions I want to provide live visit experiences virtually, using MICROSOFT TEAMS for web meetings focused on limited invitees. Is there any work around to make that happen somehow? When trying to share the monitor while using TEAMS and then switching to DJI Mimo App, it turns the  camera black and freezes a previous image. Did anyone find a way to enable that?
2020-6-29
Use props
Grinnen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12654 ft
Canada

They will not implement this because the Mimo app is garbage and they made the mistake of creating it as the sole platform for their vlogger type people without understanding what they actually want.

To be honest Mimo feels like a last minute creation to enable certain devices on an ad platform.
2020-7-11
Use props
doscrash
New

Hong Kong

Hi, I’m also looking for this!
2020-7-21
Use props
Alain Church
New

Italy

Well I just cancelled my    Osmo M3    Amazon order,
after reading this post and finding nothing else....

I was buying it to use outside, yes,
------ but the big chunk would have been...

WHATTSAPP CALLS

I do cook and make calls ..
that means people cannot follow what I'm doing unless I stay locked in one place.
And that being impossible 50% of the time they dont see me :-(

People complained, cant use the big camera on Whattsapp...
and I was pretty happy to have found this product
doing tracking, vert & oriz shooting, zoom..... on my Android !!

As per 2020 July 25 and no news for a (suppressed)  option that was working  perfectly 9 months ago.

Just wondering.

Alain
2020-7-25
Use props
Keith Volpe
New

United States

Yes AND even better is to rate it one star on Amazon, esp. if you bought it on Amazon. The MIMO App is free (useless without device) so let’s pressure them where it counts IN SALES. I would not of bought this if I knew it did not support LIVE STREAMING....like a majority of UNHAPPY DJI CUSTOMERS who have been abandoned after their uninformed purchase.  When you buy a car, do you consider if you can drive it on the road? NO!
2020-8-10
Use props
fans6ae0b450
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1611 ft
United States

Hey guys, came across this topic today and found it being discussed here. To be fair, in order for Zoom/Skype/Google Meet and whatever apps to utilize DJI's Active Track on the gimbal, these apps need to do the actual work by integrating with DJI's Osmo mobile SDK. Whoever complaining about it clearly don't know enough about the technology.

Alternatively, just for fun, could one stack two phones on the gimbal? One runs the Mimo app doing the face tracking, and another one for the online meeting app. Should work in theory if it doesn't exceed the payload limit.

Not sure about the live streaming stuff tho...
2020-9-26
Use props
Jehan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6591 ft
Spain

Any News on this topic of being able to have a video conference with face tracking using the Osmo3 ?Looks like DJI doesn't care a bit about what every body is needing & asking...
>> It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
Warren Buffett
2020-12-12
Use props
Tulips Central
New

United Kingdom

Rather than just +1 someone else's suggestion, what if everyone posted this as a new request? They may not follow conversation but they will notice new requests.
2020-12-16
Use props
ravinator
New

Thailand

I think what we should really get is the DJI Ronin SC and a Tripod. It supports a heavier payload so we can have 2 phones set up and achieve what we want. See this guy make it work with a much heavier camera + phone + a 3rd screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFrezZiB9w

If any of you do this, please post an idiot-proof step by step guide on how to actually put it together as easily as possible.

It's obviously going to cost more money but looks like it can get the job done. But adding a tripod makes it much less portable, although I did see other videos on Youtube that have the Ronin hooked up to one of those Joby setups.
2020-12-17
Use props
Jehan
lvl.1
Spain

Nothing has been done so far and it really looks like DJI doesn't care a bit about his customers.
I am done with DJI and will look for another company showing a bit more respect to people's needs.
Just can't believe it from how bad it looks :-(
2021-2-22
Use props
Jehan
lvl.1
Spain

Nothing has been done so far and it really looks like DJI doesn't care a bit about his customers.
I am done with DJI and will look for another company showing a bit more respect to people's needs.
Just can't believe it from how bad it looks :-(
2021-2-22
Use props
Jehan
lvl.1
Spain

Alain Church Posted at 2020-7-25 08:20
Well I just cancelled my    Osmo M3    Amazon order,
after reading this post and finding nothing else....

Good you canceled and I would love to be able to cancel all the products I bought from this company that is not listening to our needs :-(
2021-2-22
Use props
Jehan
lvl.1
Spain

Have you received any news on this topic as I am waiting for this upgrade for my Osmo 3 or Osmo 4 :-)
2021-2-22
Use props
Alexis Pleus
New

United States

Was looking to purchase as well and searched for how to use the gadget and software to post facebook live videos and found this thread and I see it is still not available... I won't purchase if we can't use the tracking feature for facebook live videos. Updates?
2021-4-12
Use props
gowerboy
New

United Kingdom

I have exactly the same gripe. I bought a Smooth 4 to livestream to Zoom but it doesn't - neither it appears do any gimbal. That's going back and I contemplated buying an Osmo 3 or Hohem iSteady but neither will do that. What is crazy is that this issue has been raised for more than two years and I am not confident that it will be solved in another two years!!!!!!!!!  
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_eSwpucCGINno
New

Indonesia

Still waiting 2021 It's been almost a year
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_eSwpucCGINno
New

Indonesia

2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_dGBvCTh5dnTE
New

Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-21 13:49
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has the Face-Tracking feature. However, the DJI Mimo application doesn't support Facebook Livestream as of the moment. This concern was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

??????????
2021-9-22
Use props
User0202
New
United States

DITTO - This is our first gimbal, and we had the intent to face/object track for livestreams, and were sad to discover it's not there (and once was).  Is there really any work in progress at DJI to update the MIMO app and add this, or is there some reason this was removed (and being withheld from OSMO functionality)?  To retain ALL MIMO functionality (controllable via hardware controls) WHILE live streaming in a native app is essential to the value of this product line.  This was a major dissappointment I discovered upon receipt of this item one week ago.  Please provide the community some feedback, (as I'm still inside the return window, and want to reconsider the Zhiyun line.
2021-10-24
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

User0202 Posted at 10-24 12:20
DITTO - This is our first gimbal, and we had the intent to face/object track for livestreams, and were sad to discover it's not there (and once was).  Is there really any work in progress at DJI to update the MIMO app and add this, or is there some reason this was removed (and being withheld from OSMO functionality)?  To retain ALL MIMO functionality (controllable via hardware controls) WHILE live streaming in a native app is essential to the value of this product line.  This was a major dissappointment I discovered upon receipt of this item one week ago.  Please provide the community some feedback, (as I'm still inside the return window, and want to reconsider the Zhiyun line.

Sell it and buy the Hohem iSteady V2
2021-10-25
Use props
djiuser_OtCZP2FdMks4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167740 ft
Guatemala

Aún esperando una opción de sencilla para utilizar el osmo mobile 3 por ejemplo en el  facebook live, noviembre 2021....{: 4_168:}
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_IlDtqP2aXrsI
New

Germany

Now we write 2022 and OM4 se, but the problem still exists.

I guess I'll just return it to Amazon and write a negative Report.
2022-1-14
Use props
Stuart Cross0
New

United Kingdom

Is there any update to the app that has changed the possibility of live streaming whilst using it? I must say that it's a very poor show when users have to wait 4 years for something they've been asking for since the release. False promises from DJI does not make for repeat custom. I'm selling my osmo and mavic and won't be returning to this company again
2-3 02:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules