Firmware V.01.07.00.20(6463) acts like the old version
2241 21 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans367b7026
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

When I first bought this osmo action, it was very laggy. Then there was a new Firmware V.01.07.00.20 update and I did that and it fixed the lag issue. I had my osmo pocket, plugged into my computer and the camera factor reset itself. After putting in the date and time again, I noticed the lag came back! Also when I screen switch, it stops my recording before switching to the front screen and vise versa. I looked at the camera firmware in about, and the version is still the same, Firmware V.01.07.00.20! What's going on?! I downloaded the firmware file from your download section for Osmo Action to see if I can manually install the same version over again and it does not work! Please help as I  don't like this lag problem.
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you have 2 devices with the same issue? Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action? The DJI Osmo Pocket latest firmware was v01.10.00.30 and for the Osmo Action would be V.01.07.00.20. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-21
Use props
fans367b7026
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sorry I mean the OSMO ACTION. I plugged the OSMO ACTION to my computer...
2019-12-21
Use props
fans367b7026
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I get this below when I try to put the same version back on.

[00002140]
========== 2019.01.01 00:08:23 remo-con disconnect======
[00002209]Packet: OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.07.00.20.bin [00002236]
2019-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

(7099) wonder if this DJI team can explain why different vaiants.
2019-12-21
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Similar issues have been reported before. That is why people are asking for a way to force flash the same firmware over, the way you can do with the DJI drones. Can you check if you have other missing functions?  Loop recording has been introduced with the latest firmware for instance, you can check if it is still there.
2019-12-21
Use props
fans367b7026
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-21 17:31
Similar issues have been reported before. That is why people are asking for a way to force flash the same firmware over, the way you can do with the DJI drones. Can you check if you have other missing functions?  Loop recording has been introduced with the latest firmware for instance, you can check if it is still there.

Yeah it would be nice to have a force flash the same firmware. Since the latest is already installed, I think that is why it won't let me install it over again. I does NOT have the Loop Recording feature, but it says it has the latest software. When it screen switches, it stops recording and records again. And the video during recording is Lagging! It's weird, it was working fine. Not sure how and why it decided to reformat itself back to factory defaults and lost all of the newest features.
2019-12-22
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

fans367b7026 Posted at 12-22 11:12
Yeah it would be nice to have a force flash the same firmware. Since the latest is already installed, I think that is why it won't let me install it over again. I does NOT have the Loop Recording feature, but it says it has the latest software. When it screen switches, it stops recording and records again. And the video during recording is Lagging! It's weird, it was working fine. Not sure how and why it decided to reformat itself back to factory defaults and lost all of the newest features.

Sounds a lot like what happened to some people before. I hope DJI can recommend a solution and you won't have to wait for the next firmware update so that you can flash...
2019-12-22
Use props
mohtakec
New

Qatar

Hi here I have same problem on Osmo Action.
When I connected to my Mac Pro, Osmo Action was restarted suddenly and all settings were reseted.
And I miss Hyper Lapse function from Quick Set menu. And Rock Steady (RS) indication was changed to EIS.

What's happened ??
2019-12-22
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

mohtakec Posted at 12-22 21:24
Hi here I have same problem on Osmo Action.
When I connected to my Mac Pro, Osmo Action was restarted suddenly and all settings were reseted.
And I miss Hyper Lapse function from Quick Set menu. And Rock Steady (RS) indication was changed to EIS.

Those were changed/added with some of the earliest updates. I guess when this happens Osmo Action somehow reverts to the firmware it came out with. Yours must be a very early batch...
2019-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Again (7099) any one else have a different  four digit.    Reflashing not allowed.  Sounds like  you need to now chat to DJI team for a  send i n.
2019-12-23
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-23 04:35
Again (7099) any one else have a different  four digit.    Reflashing not allowed.  Sounds like  you need to now chat to DJI team for a  send i n.

That sucks. I may have to do that. Who knows when they will have a newer update.
2019-12-23
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-23 04:35

That sucks. I may have to do that. Who knows when they will have a newer update.
2019-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I am on (7099) and if you are on what. can that be the latter?
2019-12-23
Use props
gregbullterrier
lvl.1
Greece

Hi another one here with the same problem. I had the latest firmware and every think was ok but suddenly  lost the the hyper laps  and the lag is back. the firmware of mine right now is 01.07.00.20(6460).
2020-1-2
Use props
gregbullterrier
lvl.1
Greece

Hi again, the problem is solved. I had a contact with Dji and they send me a firmware that I had to copy to my formatted micro sd card so the osmo action can restore the first firmware and after that can be updated with no problem so far.
2020-1-8
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

gregbullterrier Posted at 1-8 00:20
Hi again, the problem is solved. I had a contact with Dji and they send me a firmware that I had to copy to my formatted micro sd card so the osmo action can restore the first firmware and after that can be updated with no problem so far.

Could you please share a link for me to download this firmware?
2020-1-8
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

FIXED!!! I contacted support as well, and they gave me a firmware to download to fix my issue also (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V99.99.99.99.bin). I downloaded it to my SD card, updated it. Still have the lagging issue, but it fixed the switch screen issue. Then I immediately loaded the most recent firmware from DJI downloads (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.07.00.20) and put that on my SD card. Then updated the Osmo Action, and now the lagging is fixed and I'm able to switch screens while recording. Excellent customer service. You have to Chat with DJI through their support chatting system. DJI.com >Support > Product Support > More Models > Osmo > Osmo Action > Online Support > Product & Technical Support > "Still need help? Contact Online Support" - Hope this helps you guys!
2020-1-8
Use props
mobrowse
New

United States

Same problem here.  I spent an hour on chat explaining and finally referenced this post.  Chat support was not able to provide a good link that would resolve in DNS to download the firmware to SD card.  It's 35M so it can't be emailed.  On phone with support now.  Wow, so frustrating!
2020-1-15
Use props
mobrowse
New

United States

mobrowse Posted at 1-15 08:24
Same problem here.  I spent an hour on chat explaining and finally referenced this post.  Chat support was not able to provide a good link that would resolve in DNS to download the firmware to SD card.  It's 35M so it can't be emailed.  On phone with support now.  Wow, so frustrating!

Fixed!  Phone support made it happen.
2020-1-15
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

mobrowse Posted at 1-15 08:24
Same problem here.  I spent an hour on chat explaining and finally referenced this post.  Chat support was not able to provide a good link that would resolve in DNS to download the firmware to SD card.  It's 35M so it can't be emailed.  On phone with support now.  Wow, so frustrating!

I can send you a link to download the file if they can't help you.
2020-1-15
Use props
iamchrisworkman\
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

mobrowse Posted at 1-15 08:47
Fixed!  Phone support made it happen.

Awesome!! Glad they can help you out as well.
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules