DJI Inspire 1 Tech Questions - Please answer
3284 12 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

Hello,

I recently purchased a DJI Inspire 1, I'm absolutely loving it and working towards getting BNUC-S certified.

As part of getting qualified I need to create an Operations Manual which details the techical specification of the Inspire 1. I've completed the majority of things required however I'm struggling with a few of the remaining items; Please can you help, I need to find out the following;

I've reviewed User Manuals, Blogs, Tech Specs, Videos, etc and can't find this information anywhere. Is this information readily available or is it a closely guarded secret?

Flight Control System: ?
GPS Unit: ?
Inertial Measuring Unit: ?
Transmitter Make and Model: Presumably DJI C1?
Reciever Make and Model: ?
Aircraft Control Frequency and Power: Presumably 2.4 GHz?
Ground Station Make and Model: Apple iPad
Ground Station Software: Presumably DJI Pilot App?
Ground Station Link Make and Model: Is this DJI Lightbridge?
Ground Station Control Frequency: Is this 2.4 GHz?
Telementry Link Make and Model: Is this DJI Lightbridge?
Telementry Frequency and Power: Is this 2.4 GHz?
Payload Link Make and Model: Presumably DJI Lightbridge?
Payload Link Freqency and Power: Is this 2.4 GHz?

Many thanks!

2015-6-12
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

If you check out some previous posts, I have answered most of those questions as there are many in the same position looking to get commercial approval and completing a Ops Mannual,
2015-6-12
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

Great, thank you!
2015-6-12
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

All sorted... apart from a few other things;

Ground Station Link Make and Model: DJI?
Ground Station Control Frequency: Is this 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz?
Payload Link Make and Model: Is this DJI Lightbridge?
Payload Link Frequency and Power: Is this 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz?

Aircraft Balance Limitations: What are these?

Here's a link to the thread which contains answers to most the questions for anyone else requiring this information:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-10229-1-1.html

2015-6-12
Use props
sammiled
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-12 13:22
If you check out some previous posts, I have answered most of those questions as there are many in t ...

Hi I have searched the forum but the 'search options' seem to be very buggy on this site so I cant find the post your speaking about.

Could you shed some light on a couple issues I am having with my Commercial Operations Manual,

I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and I have answered most of the questions  correctly as far as im aware, however I am confused as to what they mean by the following requests:

Ground Station Link Make and Model
Ground Station Control Frequency
Telemetry Link Make and Model
Telemetry Link Frequency and Power

"Please provide the centre of gravity location for this RPA. The easiest way to locate this position is to lift the RPA with two fingers. Move your fingers forward and backwards until the RPA remains level. This is the centre of gravity and can either be measured from a reference point or marked on the airframe and a note to advise of this in the operations manual."

Your help would be massively appreciated. Thank you.
2016-2-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sammiled Posted at 2016-2-10 12:27
Hi I have searched the forum but the 'search options' seem to be very buggy on this site so I cant ...

Who are you undertaking your commercial training with ?

There is no need to mark centre of gravity on the aircraft, this is not a requirement of the CAA.

I don't have a Phantom 2 Vision, so wouldn't want to give you wrong information on the specs.

If you need clarity on specific issues I would suggest speaking with your training provider who will be testing you.  This way you will know what they are seeking.

It may be something like this:
Telemetry Link Frequency and Power :5.8GHz ;  25mW
Payload Link Frequency and Power: 5.8GHz  25mW

have you reviewed the DJI Specs in the manual for try Phantom 2 Vision ?

2016-2-10
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

sammiled Posted at 2016-2-10 12:27
Hi I have searched the forum but the 'search options' seem to be very buggy on this site so I cant ...

The company your taking your BNUC-S with should/will guide you through your operations manual
2016-2-10
Use props
sammiled
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-2-10 22:02
Who are you undertaking your commercial training with ?

There is no need to mark centre of gravit ...

Thanks for your reply, I am going through EuroUSC,

Yeah I have checked the manual and the words Telementry or Payload Frequencies dont even feature in the manual what so ever.

I think the form is a generic form for all UAVs etc,

Sorry this is not my line of expertise, my boss has basically asked me to fill in this form!
2016-2-11
Use props
sammiled
New

United Kingdom

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-2-11 01:53
The company your taking your BNUC-S with should/will guide you through your operations manual

Cheers for the reply,

Yeah I have submitted a first draft and got some feedback but they did not provide a guide as to what the telementry link could be etc.
2016-2-11
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

sammiled Posted at 2016-2-11 12:39
Cheers for the reply,

Yeah I have submitted a first draft and got some feedback but they did not  ...

Have you sat your theory yet if not then dont spend time on operational manual that will follow.It will reduce information overload and you can concentrate on your theory test
2016-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cheers for the reply,

It will be as above,  has to be no greater than 25mW in the UK and the frequency will be 5.8GHz.

EuroUSC Flight Examiners are very good and will direct you and assist if you need further help.  However as pointed out above, if you haven't done your theory yet don't bother as chances are the EuroUSC Ops Man template may change or be updated as the CAA are supposed to be updated their regulations for small UAVs this year, which will also address the 50m regulation.
2016-2-12
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cheers for the reply,

It will be as above,  has to be no greater than 25mW in the UK and the frequency will be 5.8GHz.

EuroUSC Flight Examiners are very good and will direct you and assist if you need further help.  However as pointed out above, if you haven't done your theory yet don't bother as chances are the EuroUSC Ops Man template may change or be updated as the CAA are supposed to be updated their regulations for small UAVs this year, which will also address the 50m regulation.
2016-2-12
Use props
sammiled
New

United Kingdom

Yes The theory test has been done,  so this is the next step really.

I am going to submit a new form and hopefully get some more feedback.
2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules