Compass calibration almost every time
677 6 2019-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Hello! Is there something wrong when my Mavic 2 Pro almost every time wants to calibrate compass before flight? Or is it normal?
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Filip Kyzek. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if the DJI Mavic 2 Pro's firmware is up to date and please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. Please give us an update on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

2019-12-22
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Only need to calibrate from time to time, when moving quite some distance from the place where it was calibrated the last time or there is some disturbance. A lot of iron around can influence the compass too.

I only calibrate when asked for by the drone.
When you travel over 100km from the place where you calibrate it last time, can trigger the need to calibrate again. Placing the drone on a iron surface can trigger a calibration too.
2019-12-22
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I have noticed if you travel to different sites you'll need to calibrate about everytime . It isnt a bad ideal to do it before every flight anyway . it only takes a min. or so.
2019-12-23
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Same here. Every single time I use it I get a message that it needs to be recalibrated. It's extremely annoying.
2019-12-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you sure it's prompting you to calibrate? I thought the same thing initially but I was mistaking the default startup screen after first connection that shows the option to calibrate, but isn't actually a prompt to do so. Here's a post with screengrabs to show the difference. Fwiw.
2019-12-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

There should never be a necessity to calibrate the compass every time you fly, and if I remember correctly, the DJI prompt on-screen is very confusing. What is is telling you is to either calibrate the aircraft, or move it to another take-off position. The correct action is to move the aircraft. What is happening is the aircraft has been placed on a surface that is magnetically influencing the compass in the aircraft. Surfaces such as concrete driveways, paths, parking lots or roofs of building are the culprit. Even tables with steel frames can cause this. Next time you see this error, shut the aircraft down completely, move to a surface like grass and start up again. Just moving the aircraft while it is switched on will not solve the problem, it must be re-started in the new location.
2019-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules