Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini 3x charger, 2 lights blinking constantly, no charge
36278 10 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pillywright
New

United States

My Mavic Mini fly more combo is not charging correctly. I put 3 batteries in the charger, and on all of them, 2 lights blink over and over but no charging. If I install one battery, it usually starts charging normally. But when I put a 2nd or 3rd battery in the charger, the one that was charging correctly stops charging, and they all start blinking 2 lights for hours. No charging. What is going on?

I updated the firmware on the drone and controller. I don't know how to only update the firmware on the batteries. Any help is appreciated as I would like to put all 3 batts on charge and be able to walk away and know they are charging.

Also, there is a power button on the 3x charger. What is that for?

Thanks,
Paul

2019-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The button on the side is a function button.  When the charging hub with a battery in it is used as a power bank and is connected to a smartphone, for example, it should start to charge automatically, if not then press the function button to activate charging.

The first time I used my charging hub I had a similar experience where it would charge only when one battery was in it.  However, that was my fault as I was using a 10W phone charger and not the 18W DJI USB charger.  Once I swapped out it took a few minutes before the charging hub started just charging one of the 3 batteries installed in it and then eventually it charged all of the batteries, but only 1 at a time.  I was not prompted to update the battery firmware until I installed it in the AC.  
2019-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, if you are interested you can go to https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads to find 9 manuals on the Mavic Mini.  One of them is for the charging hub operation.  I have found them to be informative and useful.  
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 06:21
Also, if you are interested you can go to https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads to find 9 manuals on the Mavic Mini.  One of them is for the charging hub operation.  I have found them to be informative and useful.

I agree with DowntownRDB. As much as we like to be men and not read the manual, this is one time I read everything I could get my hands on.

The button turns on the full size USB port. Say if you plug in the RC, it will charge all the batteries first, one at a time starting with the one with the most charge and progressing onwards. Then when the batteries are charged, it will charge the RC. But, if you press and hole the button on the hub, it will turn on the USB port and charge the RC first and then the batteries. A short press on this button will cause it to display the amount of charge in each battery.

The firmware for the battery is updated much like the firmware of the MM. When you have a battery connected in the MM and it powered up and connected to the RC along with the DJI Fly app running with internet available, it should pop up and tell you there is an update available.

As for your issue, if you have nothing plugged into the USB port, it should recognize all three batteries being inserted (if you have all three in there) and scan them to see which has the most charge and start charging that battery. I would try a battery individually to see if it will charge that way. If not, I would open a case with DJI as it maybe faulty.
2019-12-23
Use props
Flylotdjidrones
lvl.1
Netherlands

Put battery into the bird and charge it from there.It will charge. I think it is a issue during update the bird
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused your. For better assistance, kindly please provide a short video of the said issue for us to check and to assists you further. Thank you.
2019-12-23
Use props
fozzir
New
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-23 12:45
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused your. For better assistance, kindly please provide a short video of the said issue for us to check and to assists you further. Thank you.

I'm having what appears the same issue. You can see in the video with the battery all the way to the right by itself in the charger blinking twice really fast,  then I moved the battery to the left, put the other batteries in there and it does the same thing.  Any advice?Video -https://www.dropbox.com/s/u05zleyrxjyv9z9/20210228_172033.mp4?dl=0
2021-2-28
Use props
MrValdo
New

United States

I ran in to this issue recently. My gear was put away in an unknown state. I have no idea of battery charge levels when I put it away for the season.

When I pulled it out this spring, one of the batteries was getting the two flashing lights. As stated above " Put battery into the bird and charge it from there. It will charge. I think it is a issue during update the bird". -Flylotdjidrones

Put the battery in the drone, connect the USB cable directly to the drone and a USB power adapter. Let it charge a while, I put mine on for a few hours. Then put the battery in the triple charger. That resolved my issue. All three batteries are charged and working normally again.
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_UgJS2cTXMF0q
New
United States

Same issue, what do I do? I just got it, only one charge and went to charge a second time and it just blinks. Will only charge in the drone.
2021-5-31
Use props
Vimarsh Gowda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277992 ft
India

When you put 3 batteries, which ever battery has highest percent will start charging first. After completing, next higher charge remaining battery is charged. last the one with least charge will be charged.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_W4THXgym9DVi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36322 ft
United States

I bought the mini pro 3 fly more pack and it didn’t include a charger to connect the battery charging hub to an outlet, wtf, $250 and now I have to figure out which charger I need, pretty weak on DJI part!!!
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules