14604 90 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Freerange Posted at 12-24 02:53
Lannes, how do you know it’s limited to SRRC? What country are you flying in?

Here is a photo of my label on the box please could you post a photo of your label.

2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

Height was between 30-40m when it was dropping out. I dont have a photo of the box but I remember it had the part number linked to the FCC model
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think what he is trying to find out is what is in the parentheses. In his it says (UK),  mine says (NA) for North America. Knowing that might tell us if your drone is an fcc model but is being treated as EU transmit power. But I don’t think it will help. I’ve read in another DJI forum for the spark that Australia actually falls under RCM or SRRC regulation which is very similar to EU standards and claimed that 500M range for the spark was to be expected. Here’s a link to what I was reading and maybe it will help maybe make the water more muddy instead of clear.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-97449-1-1.html
2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

The box is at home, but i remember it said (AU) at the end. The SRRC range for the MM is 500m so i dont think that model is applicable for Australia as i have got just under double (d:964m h:35m) that on my longest flight.
2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 12-24 06:49
Here is a photo of my label on the box please could you post a photo of your label.

[view_image]

Here is my label

2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 12-24 06:49
Here is a photo of my label on the box please could you post a photo of your label.

[view_image]

Interesting yours has a 26 Sep 2019 build date, mine was built on 9 Oct.
Official release date was 11 Nov

2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

lannes Posted at 12-24 16:17
Here is my label

[view_image]

Lannes, did you purchase in Australia? Mine is the fly more combo and definitely has an AU in brackets at the end. Havent seen one with (S) at the end. Whats your max distance?
2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

As i don’t have the box with me these are the details I can find on the MM
80A1C010-FEC9-47F8-A893-112073828AE5.jpeg
2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Freerange Posted at 12-24 16:32
Lannes, did you purchase in Australia? Mine is the fly more combo and definitely has an AU in brackets at the end. Havent seen one with (S) at the end. Whats your max distance?

I got mine direct from DJI

Haven't had the opportunity to do a distance flight to test the range until disconnect.
Firmware is a bit flakey at the moment, so not wanting to take the risk of a lost MM

2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

lannes Posted at 12-24 17:29
I got mine direct from DJI

Haven't had the opportunity to do a distance flight to test the range until disconnect.

I was out on a farm in central VIC so felt comfortable flying to its max distance. Some times at about 350m the video signal dropped other times it was just below 1000m. Never close to either 2.5km or 4km.
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m sorry, I should have said this in my last post, I didn’t mean to imply that 500m was its respective range, just repeating what I had read in that post. I’m thinking you should be getting in the ball park of the CE range at any rate.
2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Freerange Posted at 12-24 16:37
As i don’t have the box with me these are the details I can find on the MM

I entered the FCC ID and got a 188mw output figure, when you convert this to db it equates to 22.7db

2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is a moderators response to a similar thread, it looks like the software will limit us to SRRC in Australia and that's about 2.5km not the full FCC 4km

2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

lannes Posted at 12-24 18:00
This is a moderators response to a similar thread, it looks like the software will limit us to SRRC in Australia and that's about 2.5km not the full FCC 4km

[view_image]

I would be extremely happy with 2.5km. Even a consistent 1km would be fine
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 12-24 18:00

[view_image]

That’s exactly what I was thinking and trying to say from the start. Just wasn’t 100% sure of how much power it was cutting down. Now I’m thinking if that’s what DJI is doing, why give them and FCC version and not a CE version unless it’s to limit to only 5 GHz  band only. Question is why is he not seeing near the range he is supposed to be seeing?
2019-12-24
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

JodyB Posted at 12-24 19:44
That’s exactly what I was thinking and trying to say from the start. Just wasn’t 100% sure of how much power it was cutting down. Now I’m thinking if that’s what DJI is doing, why give them and FCC version and not a CE version unless it’s to limit to only 5 GHz  band only. Question is why is he not seeing near the range he is supposed to be seeing?

JodyB, i agree. I have done a Firmware refresh and compass calibration as suggested by DJI support and will provide result over the next week. I will try driving out into one of the paddock and flying from there.
2019-12-24
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you, I now confused.
2019-12-26
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 12-26 18:22
Thank you, I now confused.

I guess the question now is Australia an SRRC location. My first thought would be no.
2019-12-26
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try climbing to get a little more range. As the signal weakens as you fly out, gain a little altitude.

Yes the Aus version using SRRC will do more than 2.5km as previously posted, but by that token the same model in full FCC can go well beyond 4km (5.5km) when pushed also. If you're getting cut out at 500m then most likely some signal interference in the area or you're flying too low.

Word of warning - dont fly out downwind, fly into the wind as you head out as the wind resistance on the Mini coming back is quite poor.
2019-12-27
Use props
Dakar Enduro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

There are a lot of threads/videos on the Mavic Air and how to switch into FCC mode with a GPS trick. Not sure if the same works on a Mini.
2019-12-27
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

Freerange Posted at 12-23 16:26
Thank you. I have watched the video and can confirm my antennas were positioned correctly. Can you please confirm the MM mode sold in Australia is the model that should have a 4km range? The location im in has nothing but paddocks so i feel this is the perfect location for max distance.

Is there a "Beginners Mode" setting. This will limit the range you can fly at. I have a Spark in Australia on FCC and can easily achieve 2.5 to 3 kms line of sight.
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-27 16:14
Is there a "Beginners Mode" setting. This will limit the range you can fly at. I have a Spark in Australia on FCC and can easily achieve 2.5 to 3 kms line of sight.

Line of Sight
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-27 16:14
Is there a "Beginners Mode" setting. This will limit the range you can fly at. I have a Spark in Australia on FCC and can easily achieve 2.5 to 3 kms line of sight.

You could have something there

Op should check the max distance and altitude settings in the DJI Fly safety menu

Also turn off payload mode in advanced settings
2019-12-27
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

I finally got my drone up and going and managed only 1100m before loss of signal however air data showed signal at 100% the whole flight however it did show a couple of minor signal errors at point of signal loss to RC however it still indicated 100% signal strength ? Is this a restriction or something else i'm doing wrong with settings, drone was in 5.8Ghz mode and also should add I was in a rural area.
2019-12-28
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

nonzero Posted at 12-28 21:40
I finally got my drone up and going and managed only 1100m before loss of signal however air data showed signal at 100% the whole flight however it did show a couple of minor signal errors at point of signal loss to RC however it still indicated 100% signal strength ? Is this a restriction or something else i'm doing wrong with settings, drone was in 5.8Ghz mode and also should add I was in a rural area.

NONZERO, what country?
2019-12-29
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

Freerange Posted at 12-29 05:22
NONZERO, what country?

Yeah should have mentioned that, i'm in Aus.
2019-12-29
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Freerange Posted at 12-24 18:34
I would be extremely happy with 2.5km. Even a consistent 1km would be fine

Have you tried in Airplane mode yet (wifi and BT turned off).  I have seen people suggest it, but didn’t see you responded yet (might have missed it).      I have lost video before around 500m when I had forgotten to go into AP mode.   Otherwise have gotten to 1km+
2019-12-29
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

Cookster670 Posted at 12-29 14:05
Have you tried in Airplane mode yet (wifi and BT turned off).  I have seen people suggest it, but didn’t see you responded yet (might have missed it).      I have lost video before around 500m when I had forgotten to go into AP mode.   Otherwise have gotten to 1km+

I have tried with airplane mode and i think it helped but maybe only 20% extra.
2019-12-29
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

Besides, I have good eye sight.

That is round trip not total distance away.
2019-12-31
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

I was flying in rural WA last week, sitting on a hill, flying out over open farmland, I took my MM out to 2km, it stopped at that point as I had that set as my limit. Didn't push it any further as I didn't fancy retrieving it from an irate farmers paddock with a flat battery. My wifi and video was still very strong and I'm fairly sure I could have gone a lot further.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_HWKrrV5oCnkV
New
Australia

Is it just me, or is DJI sailing close to the wind in Australia as far as our consumer l laws are concerned?
I just received a MM for a birthday present. I was VERY frustrated to find that despite claims, it couldnt be used with the Samsung phones as advertised. I know this issue is being worked on, but selling something that is basically useless until this fix is done is illegal. Then to find that the range claims made, according to all the comments here, are basically false in Australia, is also selling something under false pretenses.
I managed to get mine flying by using an older phone. I could easily fly 1.5km and still be over my own property and im yet to test the distance limits, but flying somewhere with little or no obstructions  (trees, terrain change) seems a little boring. Should i be concerned about these before trying to fly some distance?
2020-1-19
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_HWKrrV5oCnkV Posted at 1-19 15:14
Is it just me, or is DJI sailing close to the wind in Australia as far as our consumer l laws are concerned?
I just received a MM for a birthday present. I was VERY frustrated to find that despite claims, it couldnt be used with the Samsung phones as advertised. I know this issue is being worked on, but selling something that is basically useless until this fix is done is illegal. Then to find that the range claims made, according to all the comments here, are basically false in Australia, is also selling something under false pretenses.
I managed to get mine flying by using an older phone. I could easily fly 1.5km and still be over my own property and im yet to test the distance limits, but flying somewhere with little or no obstructions  (trees, terrain change) seems a little boring. Should i be concerned about these before trying to fly some distance?

The latest DJI Fly update addresses some of those Android issues.
2020-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-23 16:14
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to connectivity issue. I would recommend to please try doing a compass calibration and do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on the best practices for flying your drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thank you for posting this.  It will help with new drone pilots.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lucas775 Posted at 1-19 15:35
Thank you for posting this.  It will help with new drone pilots.

You are more than welcome, we are always happy to help and thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-20
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

So I tried another location and got out to 900m and then i turned on Airplane mode on phone  and it went to 1.2km which is OK but I would have thought it would do better as I was flying it in a fairly remote area with low interference.
2020-1-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nonzero Posted at 1-20 22:31
So I tried another location and got out to 900m and then i turned on Airplane mode on phone  and it went to 1.2km which is OK but I would have thought it would do better as I was flying it in a fairly remote area with low interference.

How far were you expecting to go , 2.5 km ?
2020-1-21
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-21 00:34
How far were you expecting to go , 2.5 km ?

No, I was expecting to go a little more towards the claims DJI make on the box this time as I took all advice given on maximizing range and was in a good area for it (or so I thought).  
2020-1-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nonzero Posted at 1-21 01:02
No, I was expecting to go a little more towards the claims DJI make on the box this time as I took all advice given on maximizing range and was in a good area for it (or so I thought).

You could try these cheap range extenders

https://www.amazon.com.au/Signal ... 79604380&sr=8-1

This design with the two mounting holes for the antennas is more stable
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_gW6A9PGKtkOz
New

Australia

Im from north Queensland, taken my new MM to the beach. Hard to reach 500m. I realy tought it will be more than that. Hope we can get better antennas for it soon.
2020-2-4
Use props
Falal
lvl.1

Australia

Freerange Posted at 2019-12-24 17:44
I was out on a farm in central VIC so felt comfortable flying to its max distance. Some times at about 350m the video signal dropped other times it was just below 1000m. Never close to either 2.5km or 4km.

I'm almost ready to buy this drone. Interesting reading the distances some people quote. According to CASA, rules for flying drones state that it must always be within eyesight - not with goggles or other controllers. This drone being the colour that it is, I find it hard to believe anyone could see it at 1 km distance, let alone further! Some reviewers stated that when the drone is up high, it is very difficult to see against the sky.
So, interested if anyone can point out that I am wrong  ;-)
2020-2-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules