Using external storage with DJI Go app
5527 10 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

I'm using my drone with iPhone and iPad.  

Is there way to access the drone photo/video files from DJI Go 4 app off an external drive ... ?  So that I do not have to copy first the files I want to say, edit, to iPhone/iPad and then edit them...    If that makes sense:  on a Windows based PC/laptop, I can say use an external drive pretty much same from any app , just open file & use - no extra coping to internal storage / memory.

If not DJI Go 4 app, any other iPhone / iPad based Video editing app that can use external drive / storage?   Say if do some videos on weekend, and may be have 20 - 30 gig, I don't feel like first backting them up to external stoage, then copying them to iPhone or iPad (which may just not have enough storage free .... ).

2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to to this query. There are different ways on how to transfer files. First, is by connecting the drone directly to the computer. Next, is by connecting the SD card to the card reader and connecting it to the computer. Finally, by downloading it through the DJI Go 4 while the mobile device is connected to the remote controller that is connected to the said drone. Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-24 11:13
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to to this query. There are different ways on how to transfer files. First, is by connecting the drone directly to the computer. Next, is by connecting the SD card to the card reader and connecting it to the computer. Finally, by downloading it through the DJI Go 4 while the mobile device is connected to the remote controller that is connected to the said drone. Thank you.

HI DJI Paladin,

Thanks for your reply with the information.

However, I think you misunderstood me :   I'm not asking how to transfer data files, but what is , if there is, the way to work with the video (and photo) files that are already copied over to some back-up storage - like external harddrive .

With iPhone / iPad,  I only see that you have to first 1) connect SD card to the iPhone/iPad, then 2) Import the files to the library, which seems _must_ be on the internal storage of the device (iPhone/iPad).   This last step (2) defeats the purpose for me of backing them all up on external storage..

So what is the 'best' app , if there is,  for iPhone  / iPad to edit the DJI drone video files, straight off the external storage?   (i..e, again, without first copying them / importing to the internal storage of the device).
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK
New

Brazil

Try turning your gps on, worked for me
2022-4-4
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

v01d Posted at 2019-12-24 17:02
HI DJI Paladin,

Thanks for your reply with the information.

In the apple trade are docks for iphone and ipads available with various ports. They are USB3 A,SD slot HDMI and some other ports more.
I´ll have a look for it.
2022-4-4
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

Peterx Posted at 4-4 06:22
In the apple trade are docks for iphone and ipads available with various ports. They are USB3 A,SD slot HDMI and some other ports more.
I´ll have a look for it.

Not sure about which docks you are referring to, but would like to see a link to one..
2022-7-25
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Try it there on Amazon
i hope that helps you.
2022-7-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The original files recorded by your drone are on the SD card that is in the aircraft. Pop the SD card out, and place it in a card reader and copy the files to your computer. There is no need to go through the stage of downloading them to the iPad or iPhone first.
2022-7-28
Use props
GA D90
lvl.1
United States

I’ve got a question along the same lines.
Have. Mini 2, and can’t  record video to my phone ( iPhone) , My SD slot will not except a card ( getting it in for service) . But in the mean time I’d like to record to the phone, stills work fine but  video doesn’t,
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
2022-7-28
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 7-28 13:56
The original files recorded by your drone are on the SD card that is in the aircraft. Pop the SD card out, and place it in a card reader and copy the files to your computer. There is no need to go through the stage of downloading them to the iPad or iPhone first.

I think you missed the part where I wrote, Do not want to copy stuff over.

I undrestand I can though.
2022-7-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

v01d Posted at 7-29 16:34
I think you missed the part where I wrote, Do not want to copy stuff over.

I undrestand I can though.

Put the Micro SD card into your computer. Attach the external drive to another port. Copy from card to external. That is the only way to do it.
2022-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules