12Next >
13004 51 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruiseart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2802 ft
Denmark

I have seen similar issues with other DJI drones, but with the Mavic Mini. I have got a new drone and I am trying to activate it in the DJI Fly app. When starting the app and pressing ACTIVATE, a get a message saying *Server error. Activation failed. Check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (error code: 0xffe)*. Hence, I cannot use the app or the drone. It is super frustaring. I am using an iphone 6 myself.

- I have tried reinstalling the app. Restarted the phone.
- I have tried installing the app on other phones.
- I have tried with wifi and cellular. Both on 3G and 4G.
- Restarted the drone several times.
- Yes, the drone itself does connect to the app, and i see the camera picture (shortly after, the app tell me to activate).- Yes, I have tried to use another e-mail.

I belive the S/N is: IWGDGAK112TT87. I have bought the drone in an authorised store in Denmark (Power).

I hope you can help me. Not sure if the issue lays with the drone, with the app or with the remote.  

2019-12-24
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it's an issue with your email or serial number. From the amount of troubleshooting steps you've take, I would suggest contacting DJI, either PM a moderator or open a chat session on the DJI website. They will probably ask for your aircraft serial number and that will be the one thats located on the box that your mini came in.
2019-12-24
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

JodyB Posted at 12-24 06:53
I don't think it's an issue with your email or serial number. From the amount of troubleshooting steps you've take, I would suggest contacting DJI, either PM a moderator or open a chat session on the DJI website. They will probably ask for your aircraft serial number and that will be the one thats located on the box that your mini came in.

I will try that. I am afraid that I don't have the box anymore...
2019-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could also be a server issue on DJI's end.
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:55
Could also be a server issue on DJI's end.

That’s what I was thinking too.
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ruiseart Posted at 12-24 07:14
I will try that. I am afraid that I don't have the box anymore...

I would’ve kept the box for just a little while in the event I needed warranty or a refresh. But as long as you have your actual serial number it won’t matter. It’s the one that was on the box and not in the fly app. The one in the fly app will be wrong for whatever reason.
2019-12-24
Use props
mandilon
New

Spain

Does anyone use huawei p10 for Mavi Mini? I am not able to connect the controller with the cell phone, the RC cable seems to only charge the phone but not connect the devices.
2019-12-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use a Huawei P30 Pro with no issues at all. I am sure you should be able to use the P10
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You may want to start your own thread to get more attention, but I read that turning on USB Debugging and ADB Debugging made it work for some with the P10.
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the said issue. I would recommend to please check if your network can access a DJI's network or website ( like the DJI official webpage ). If not can you please also change the network to try again. If still the issue persists, then it could be a hardware issue. It is best to have the said drone be sent to our DJI repair center for further evaluation. You can contact our DJI repair center at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

Thank you everyone for the interest and the help, and happy holidays.
I chatted with DJI Customer Servicer yesterday - very helpful, but they wouldn't find a solution

After pressing  "activate" a billion times and getting the same message, I got another message saying that the device is invalid. I am def. handing it in to the store, hoping that I will either get it repaired or just get a new product. Might of course be a little difficult without the original box - but then again, warranty is warranty, I hope.

2019-12-25
Use props
niallcarneyme.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1250318 ft

United Kingdom

My Mavic Air 2 arrived today with the exact same error. Very frustrating
49163F31-39B1-4506-9A61-E0474E706C33.png
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_nVlMsevik0CA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134649 ft
Italy

Same error for me.  Mavic air 2
2020-5-15
Use props
Markus401
New
Flight distance : 36188 ft
Germany

djiuser_nVlMsevik0CA Posted at 5-15 09:42
Same error for me.  Mavic air 2

I just got my mavic air 2 today. I have the Same Problem. I made all Updates. Can Not ne activated. 0xffe
2020-5-15
Use props
Matt40uk
New

United Kingdom

Well to join the group, I’ve just received my Mavic Air 2 and am also getting the activation error.
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Air 2 today and I am having the same issue.
2020-5-15
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

Matt40uk Posted at 5-15 10:07
Well to join the group, I’ve just received my Mavic Air 2 and am also getting the activation error.
[view_image]

Me too. Seems that quality control is not a prio of DJI.
2020-5-15
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi guys. I am sorry to hear that you are facing the same problem.

I really had no idea what to do, so I went to the shop and handed it in. The shop sent it so a certified DJI repair shop in Sweden, which could not fix it, and sent it to DJI Europe. After a months or so, the shop (where I handed it in) called me saying that they had received the drone with a strange notification. It said that the drone had been registered stolen, and that DJI had reported it stolen, contacting the police. I was already angry about the drone not working, and this just made me nervous and frustrated, because I now had to prove that I had actually bought a drone with that serial number (and the shop - somehow - didn't have the serial number registed to begin with - do not ask me why). Anyways - so sum the story up, I did find the serial number with great help from the original story (big thanks) and DJI eventually decided to unblock it. It was not easy, however, because of GDPR regulations and so on. I have not idea how the whole "drone is stolen" idea came from. When DJI unblocked it everything functions. I have, however, also heard that this message (error) might come up on some drones that that were sent out, and should actually have been taken back because of errors.

Anyways, my recommendations to you is to contact you regional DJI (ex Europe), send a scan/document showing the serial number and ask them to fix it/unblock it, because this seems to be a blockade from DJI. If not, then the shop where you bought it should provide you with a new drone. One you get in contact with DJI, they are very helpful.
2020-5-15
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

Have you tried contacting DJI online support on DJI'sl official website? They will tell you to do different things (restarts, connecting with USB, etc.). It did not help me, but might help you.
2020-5-15
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

ruiseart Posted at 5-15 11:34
Have you tried contacting DJI online support on DJI'sl official website? They will tell you to do different things (restarts, connecting with USB, etc.). It did not help me, but might help you.

Actually thinking of returning it. DOA, and perhaps buy it or another drone somewhere else. I am totally p*ssed off of the bad handling of customers.

According to their terms, a drone with manufacturing defect can be returned within 15 days. And a drone that can't fly is to me a manufacturing defect.

I won't send it in for repair for months, for sure.

And for the support, useless. "try again in an hour or two"

My first DJI drone, and such a big disappointment. :-(
2020-5-15
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

pason67 Posted at 5-15 11:59
Actually thinking of returning it. DOA, and perhaps buy it or another drone somewhere else. I am totally p*ssed off of the bad handling of customers.

According to their terms, a drone with manufacturing defect can be returned within 15 days. And a drone that can't fly is to me a manufacturing defect.

I agree, and I think you should return it if you can! You could also return it and get another one, just to see if it works? I mean, I share you frustrations and I cost me a lot of nerves, but once they work, they are really cool drones. But I agree that I would not send it in for repair - not a new drone - thats what I did, and it did not help
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_QaBMXzh2B1fv
New

United Kingdom

Same issue
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_QaBMXzh2B1fv
New

United Kingdom

On my android device I get the error code 1112 which means drone is reported stolen, I bought through Amazon so definitely not possible.
2020-5-15
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

ruiseart Posted at 5-15 12:07
I agree, and I think you should return it if you can! You could also return it and get another one, just to see if it works? I mean, I share you frustrations and I cost me a lot of nerves, but once they work, they are really cool drones. But I agree that I would not send it in for repair - not a new drone - thats what I did, and it did not help

One of the reason I'm a bit upset is that here where I live, there's an
absolutely stunning beech forest (bokskog), and it's at the prime just a couple days more, and I had really looked forward to make a stunning movie. But not possible due to DJI incompetence. :-(
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_fA7yguaoXbs9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6703 ft
Denmark

Same issue here! I have tried everything.
If any of you get at response from support that helps, please share the solution.
This is not the propper way to watch a sunset
2020-5-15
Use props
niallcarneyme.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought mine direct from DJI so I’m sure they don’t think it’s stolen. I’ve just received an email from DJI confirming delivery so maybe tomorrow the server will update with my delivery confirmation and allow it to activate. Wishful thinking I’m sure but I’m just so frustrated that I’m clutching at straws.
2020-5-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I mean... they're getting all the same error within a very limited time, there obviously MUST BE something WRONG with DJI's activation server at the moment.

As frustrating as it can ben the best option is to practice some patience and try after some hours or the next days.
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_6BTR3YIof316
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue with my Mavic Air 2 that I just tried to activate for the first time. I contacted customer support chat and after about 2 hours I finally got a rep. They took my serial number and asked for the error code. He couldn’t figure out the problem and offered a return/replacement. They are mailing me a shipping label in 2 business days and said I can expect the replacement transaction to take 2-3 more business days to complete after that. This does not include the shipping time back and forth. This sucks!!! ...I waited 2 weeks to get it after ordering 5 minutes after it was released and now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks at least to get one that hopefully works. Not a good way to start a relationship with a new customer DJI.
2020-5-15
Use props
fans2a58dca8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221450 ft
United States

djiuser_6BTR3YIof316 Posted at 5-15 17:55
I have the same issue with my Mavic Air 2 that I just tried to activate for the first time. I contacted customer support chat and after about 2 hours I finally got a rep. They took my serial number and asked for the error code. He couldn’t figure out the problem and offered a return/replacement. They are mailing me a shipping label in 2 business days and said I can expect the replacement transaction to take 2-3 more business days to complete after that. This does not include the shipping time back and forth. This sucks!!! ...I waited 2 weeks to get it after ordering 5 minutes after it was released and now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks at least to get one that hopefully works. Not a good way to start a relationship with a new customer DJI.

Just got my Mavic Air 2 and the same problem, I was thinking  it has to do with dji's side , unfortunately they take the weekends off
2020-5-15
Use props
niallcarneyme.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans2a58dca8 Posted at 5-15 18:50
Just got my Mavic Air 2 and the same problem, I was thinking  it has to do with dji's side , unfortunately they take the weekends off

They still seem to work through their @DJISupport on Twitter over the weekend. I got a reply late last night from them. Just to ask the serial number though
2020-5-15
Use props
ruiseart
lvl.1
Denmark

It seems like there is some sort of DJI server problem from their side (maybe they will fix it soon), since so many of you have the same problem. Perhaps to all got drones from the same lot, a lot with errors. How long have you guys had the problem, and, do you know people with the Air 2 without having the problem?
2020-5-15
Use props
fans27ce813e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Receiving the same issue also. Like most people I was told to update and this got me no where. Super disheartened but I'll contact DJI Support again in attempt to find a solution. I'll keep my eye on this chat for. anyone who may have more information and I will also report back if I find anything out.
2020-5-16
Use props
niallcarneyme.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I got through to the support on Facebook messenger and spoke to someone. They couldn’t help so it’s been escalated. 24-48hrs for a response. I’m really annoyed about this. It’s just sitting there and the weather is perfect. It all seems to work apart from a software issue
2020-5-16
Use props
Flazz95
lvl.1
United States

They have responded to my Twitter dm.

It is not a huge problem to do the replacement itself, but it is the time it takes to get the new one.
Anyway, i am in no rush for the next week, as the weather is bad
2020-5-16
Use props
niallcarneyme.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Flazz95 Posted at 5-16 02:49
They have responded to my Twitter dm.

It is not a huge problem to do the replacement itself, but it is the time it takes to get the new one.

Did they confirm a replacement is required?
2020-5-16
Use props
StefanCGN
New
Germany

I have the exact same issue. Ridiculous.
2020-5-16
Use props
Flazz95
lvl.1
Denmark

niallcarneyme.com Posted at 5-16 02:51

Yes, they said that the problem is not able to be solved remotly, so a replacement is nessesary. I have already returned it at the store, and i will wait to order a new one, until they get this problem solved.
Coincidentally, the store clerk had also bought one yesterday, and had the exact same problem when he got home to activate it.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6BTR3YIof316
lvl.1
United States

niallcarneyme.com Posted at 5-16 02:51

They are sending me a replacement ...2 business days for a shipping label ...plus 2-3 days to process when they get it back ...plus the shipping time back and forth. I waited two weeks to get this one - now I’m looking at another two weeks at least for the replacement. This sucks!
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6BTR3YIof316
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI, how about emailing printable return shipping labels instead of snail mailing them? That would shave 2 business days off the time your already disappointed customers have to wait until they get a product that actually works.
2020-5-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules