[SOLVED] Osmo Pocket problem I tought was fixed
960 7 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

So I usually film short clips with osmo pocket but I recently had to film something longer. The files splits and the audio is missing for like a half a second or something at the split. I know osmo pocket had this problem but tought that it was fixed. I have the latest firmware. Does anybody else have this issue.

LATER EDIT: So I figured it out. I edit with proxies and seems that the original video has the audio intact. The proxy messes with the audio at the split.

Proxy:
02.jpg
Original file:
01.jpg
2019-12-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Are you recording in mov. or MP4? I haven't noticed a problem with MP4. and that was with a musical clip.
2019-12-24
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-24 15:36
Are you recording in mov. or MP4? I haven't noticed a problem with MP4. and that was with a musical clip.

the video is MP4
2019-12-25
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

I figured it out. The proxy file was the culprit. I updated my original post.
2019-12-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

andrei193 Posted at 12-25 02:13
I figured it out. The proxy file was the culprit. I updated my original post.

Good to hear.
Audio on proxy files can be a nuisance. What Editor are you using?
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-25
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-25 05:52
Good to hear.
Audio on proxy files can be a nuisance. What Editor are you using?

I am using premiere pro but not the latest version. I am on windows 7.
2019-12-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

andrei193 Posted at 12-25 12:01
I am using premiere pro but not the latest version. I am on windows 7.

Nice program. Not the cloud version then? I don't blame you.
Proxy use is great at reducing computer performance issues but can introduce other problems including sync and a visual reduction in quality for the sake of smooth playback. That doesn't seem to change whatever editor you use. That's the problem with newer tech. Even a relatively cheap small video cam like the pocket can produce files much larger than a camera would have produced even six years ago. I sometimes struggle with 4K footage from the Pocket using an i9 Intel processor if the project gets complicated enough. I try hard not to have to use proxy files but sometimes it just can't be helped.
I'm getting to the point where I'll need to increase my ram to 64gig and upgrade my graphics card as well just to edit the way I want to.
still.
Happy editing.
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules