Charger? *Solved*
4044 9 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

I just got my Mini. Is it supposed to come with a charger (wall wart)? All I have is a USB cable.
2019-12-24
Use props
ljmario
Second Officer
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

If u have the normal mavic mini and not the fly more combo there is no charger. here ist the link to what is in the normal box:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... i_In_the_Box_EK.pdf

perhaps u could use ur smartphone charger or plug it into ur pc.

merry christmas!
2019-12-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

ljmario Posted at 12-24 16:24
If u have the normal mavic mini and not the fly more combo there is no charger. here ist the link to what is in the normal box:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20191030/Mavic_Mini_In_the_Box_EK.pdf

A lot of smartphone chargers and some computer ports will not provide enough current to charge the battery in a decent length of time.  Make sure the charger is at least 18 watts and provides at least 2 amps to the port you are charging from.
2019-12-24
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41004 ft
Netherlands

BobWinNV Posted at 12-24 16:41
A lot of smartphone chargers and some computer ports will not provide enough current to charge the battery in a decent length of time.  Make sure the charger is at least 18 watts and provides at least 2 amps to the port you are charging from.

It is not the current, but the correct voltage.
These quick chargers supply pump the voltage up from5 to 9V,and then 12V at max. 18W (1,5 amps).

You may have a regular USB 5V 3A output charger, but then it still will take hours and hours to charge.

With the blinking speed of the LED's you can see the speed it will charge (and what input voltage it takes).
A regular phone charger might do the job too: just read the voltages mentioned on the adapter, and not exceeding the 18W (1,5Amps)
2019-12-24
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Without a charger, you can only charge the battery in the mini, but you need a power supply and the USB cable. As already mentioned here, the performance of smartphone charging power supplies is quite weak, so it takes a long time to charge the battery, I think about 3 hours
2019-12-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Frank V Posted at 12-24 17:06
It is not the current, but the correct voltage.
These quick chargers supply pump the voltage up from5 to 9V,and then 12V at max. 18W (1,5 amps).

I am sorry I didn’t realize the discussion was about using smart chargers.  
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just the normal mavic mini package does not come with a charger, to stay in topic. If you got the fly more combo,
It comes with the charger and it is as described in other posts a quick charge 3.0 wall charger that outputs 5v, 9v, and 12 volts in their respective amperages.
2019-12-24
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

Thanks for the info, folks. I used the wall wart from my Google Mini speaker, and it charged up just fine. The next experiment is to use the fast charger that came with my pixel phone. Marking this thread solved.
2019-12-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am glad that you got it working.
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry if I was unable to help you with your concern, however, we're glad that you already manage to rectify the issue you are having right now. Please let us know if you have other questions or inquiries. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules