10399 211 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-27 12:09
Still here and convinced that i am right, But pls dont write anymore, dont take it personally.

AGood night

The logs explain what happened, this is what DJI will see, and they will respond with the same findings as the experts here.

None of us take pleasure in your incident, just saying it as the evidence supports!  

2019-12-27
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

urbanweb Posted at 12-27 12:20
The logs explain what happened, this is what DJI will see, and they will respond with the same findings as the experts here.

None of us take pleasure in your incident, just saying it as it the evidence supports!

Allright then
2019-12-27
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-27 12:09
Still here and convinced that i am right, But pls dont write anymore, dont take it personally.

AGood night

Every person here that has been able to read and analyse the logs have all independently come to the same conclusion.  Pilot error.  The wind carried your drone away.

At what point will you accept you made a mistake or will you still keep clinging to your beliefs that you did nothing wrong and the drone was 100% at fault?
2019-12-27
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-27 13:59
Every person here that has been able to read and analyse the logs have all independently come to the same conclusion.  Pilot error.  The wind carried your drone away.

At what point will you accept you made a mistake or will you still keep clinging to your beliefs that you did nothing wrong and the drone was 100% at fault?
Dont take it personal but i dont want to speak with you anymore. And no i am sure this wasnt my fault, my feeling tells me, dont come with flight logs now.

Dont write anymore pls.

Good night
2019-12-27
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-27 14:14
Dont take it personal but i dont want to speak with you anymore. And no i am sure this wasnt my fault, my feeling tells me, dont come with flight logs now.

Dont write anymore pls.

I look forward to reading DJI’s response, should be enlightening.

All the best.
2019-12-27
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

When DJI say it’s pilots fault and he says “but I’ve got a feeling” I’m sure they’ll send a free one
2019-12-27
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Crummett Posted at 12-27 15:06
When DJI say it’s pilots fault and he says “but I’ve got a feeling” I’m sure they’ll send a free one

I’m sure you are right!
2019-12-27
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Some simple facts fansdb984e64.

The Mavic Mini is very much a limited performance drone.
It weighs less than 250g.
Has a limited pitch angle.
Small low powered motors and small props and runs on a 2cell pack, so is limited on thrust.

In Pmode the Mini has a top speed of around 5mph, so in a 5mph headwind it would need a forward speed of 10mph to maintain a forward motion of 5mph. In a 20mph wind (very common at 400ft when ground wind speed is less than 10mph) it would need to maintain a speed of 20mph just to remain in a hover.

What we obviously have here is an example of the Dunning Krueger Effect.  Irrespective of the superb analysis performed by JJB* and Labroides, fansdb984e64 still considers that he is in the right because of “reasons”

He’s proclaimed he is a great pilot and that the rest of us should be jealous of his skills, that and he owns own a Mavi Pro.  I have over 60 hobby and prosumer Drones in my fleet, I’ve been flying for over 10yrs, and yet if I had an issue I would still be humbled by the expert analysis afforded by the likes of JJB* and others on this forum. Learn  to understand the science and accept the facts.

fansdb984e64 provided the evidence but until he receives a verdict that exonerates him the rest of the community is wrong. It’s the same mentality usually reserved for Creationists and Flat Earthers

Nidge.
2019-12-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nidge Posted at 12-28 04:41

Very well put together.
I feel sorry for him cause he is obviously not happy of the loss and wants to blame something else, he probably was unaware of the level of accuracy JJB reports from fly logs can bring...
DJICare and a constructive and humble approach would be much more adequate.
2019-12-28
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I told you that pls dont write anymore. From your side i dont need no information anymore, anything, cause it doesnt make sense to discuss again and again, you have that opinion and i have mine, so pls.  Hope the message arrived.
2019-12-28
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

This is a public forum, you can’t stop people adding to it.  If you wanted to keep this private, you should have just dealt with support instead of creating a post trying to get people to side with you.  Unfortunately, you didn’t get the support you were after for the reasons mentioned many times above.  If you don’t want to see this anymore, just stop reading and replying....the thread  will die a natural death on it’s own.
2019-12-28
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-28 05:30
I told you that pls dont write anymore. From your side i dont need no information anymore, anything, cause it doesnt make sense to discuss again and again, you have that opinion and i have mine, so pls.  Hope the message arrived.

I’d actually say you have your opinion and we have the flight log facts. And facts always beat opinion.  
2019-12-28
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-28 05:39
This is a public forum, you can’t stop people adding to it.  If you wanted to keep this private, you should have just dealt with support instead of creating a post trying to get people to side with you.  Unfortunately, you didn’t get the support you were after for the reasons mentioned many times above.  If you don’t want to see this anymore, just stop reading and replying....the thread  will die a natural death on it’s own.

Allright then
2019-12-28
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Crummett Posted at 12-28 05:46
I’d actually say you have your opinion and we have the flight log facts. And facts always beat opinion.

Allright then
2019-12-28
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Dont write. And dont put lies in this Forum you hear? I never said that you guys are jeallous of me because of my skills, i never told you WHY i think hes jeallous okay?  why you put so low niveau lies in that thread, very poor behaviour, really.  But its okay dont try anymore, beware WHAT you write.
2019-12-28
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

You did say we were jealous, but you never did say about what.  Lol.  I did ask you to clarify, which you never did
2019-12-28
Use props
Mikey's
lvl.1
Czechia

Aren't there wind wheels at the home point on the map? It has to be a windy place anyway ?! NGTF
2019-12-28
Use props
Mikey's
lvl.1
Czechia

Aren't there wind wheels at the home point on the map? It has to be a windy place anyway ?! NGTF.
2019-12-28
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mikey's Posted at 12-28 06:18
Aren't there wind wheels at the home point on the map? It has to be a windy place anyway ?! NGTF.

Yes, there is a wind farm to the west of the doomed flight.

According to historical weather data from Ventusky there was wind from SW with 41 km/h at 100m AGL.
This is quite accurate. Airdatas wind algorithm calculated 40.6 km/h @ 140m (See post #28)

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.0 ... -100m&t=20191215/15
2019-12-28
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-28 06:04
Dont write. And dont put lies in this Forum you hear? I never said that you guys are jeallous of me because of my skills, i never told you WHY i think hes jeallous okay?  why you put so low niveau lies in that thread, very poor behaviour, really.  But its okay dont try anymore, beware WHAT you write.

Nidge’s post didn’t contain any lies, from what I can see.  Are we missing something with the circumstances of the incident?  

Have DJI come back to you with their opinion yet?  
2019-12-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Not to take away from the rest of your post but the top speed in P mode is 18mph, not 5mph
2019-12-28
Use props
GB3pix
New
Flight distance : 1152 ft
United States

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing incorrectly. I am trying to download the flight logs to my computer using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and I keep getting this error message. "Export failed, please retry." I powered on the drone with usb cable attached, then connected it to the computer. In the app, it is showing that the two are connected. Thanks.

2019-12-28
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 12-28 09:20
Not to take away from the rest of your post but the top speed in P mode is 18mph, not 5mph

You’re quite right, I got the ascent and horizontal speeds arse about face (It’s a Yorkshire Expression)

Nidge
2019-12-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

GB3pix Posted at 12-28 12:25
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing incorrectly. I am trying to download the flight logs to my computer using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and I keep getting this error message. "Export failed, please retry." I powered on the drone with usb cable attached, then connected it to the computer. In the app, it is showing that the two are connected. Thanks.

[view_image]

Mavic Mini logs are stored on the mobile device: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-12-28
Use props
driftking.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Germany

Hello,

Whats did DJI say about the case?

Did they offer a replacment drone and if yes -> for which price?

Furthermore we checked the flight-log of my fly-away case. Why was the pitch only (more ore less) at -5 Degree?!

The Mavic Mini could fly with a much higher pitch and so fight against the wind?!
grafik.png
2019-12-29
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

driftking.de Posted at 12-29 04:57
Hello,

This thread becomes more and more confusing.
Point us to YOUR flight logs in another thread if you want to have an opinion about what happened to your flight.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-25 06:57
i tried everything.There was no respons  Obviously. No picture on the screen. I tried to Maneuver it manually but nothing. I switched also to sportsmode, but because of no connection obviously there was no chance for me.

How did you go in Sports mode without any visual feedback on the App?
Like some mention, flying back home with wind helping rather than pushing you away does help.
2019-12-29
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

driftking.de Posted at 12-29 04:57
Hello,

very poor etiquette and highly confusing to hijack another persons thread.  a few people have done that here already making it very confusing and annoying.  If you have an unrelated question, start a new thread.  It’s not fair to the OP or the people contributing.
2019-12-29
Use props
GB3pix
New
Flight distance : 1152 ft
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-28 14:15
Mavic Mini logs are stored on the mobile device: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks for the reply bu unfortunately the info you referred me to pertains to Phantoms. I am flying a Mavic Mini. Would you have any idea where info on accessing Mavic Mini logs might be located? Thx.
2019-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GB3pix Posted at 12-29 15:22
Thanks for the reply bu unfortunately the info you referred me to pertains to Phantoms. I am flying a Mavic Mini. Would you have any idea where info on accessing Mavic Mini logs might be located? Thx.

It works just as well for your Mavic Mini.
2019-12-29
Use props
Antshill
lvl.1
United States

I'm here to agree with fansdb984e64 - it was not user error. There's very apparently a bug,

A bug between the controller and the OP's shoes.

Hows that saying go?
If you run into *holes all day... you're likely the *hole.
Or switched to this case...
If you run into everyone saying that you're wrong.... you're likely wrong.

Thanks for this very entertaining thread!

2019-12-29
Use props
fastskis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105115 ft
Canada

Yes I have had a loss and recovery today.  only 80 feet up, sensor error and mini went left on its own and crashed in hillside forest. Recovered with app but looking to see why error and loss of control!
2019-12-29
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

fastskis@gmail.com Posted at 12-29 18:35
Yes I have had a loss and recovery today.  only 80 feet up, sensor error and mini went left on its own and crashed in hillside forest. Recovered with app but looking to see why error and loss of control!

Interested to see results of logs, but don’t post it here.  Start a new thread with your logs attached. There’s already been enough hijacking of this thread.
2019-12-29
Use props
fans8e1a45f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693215 ft
United States

anyone know how to self unlock the zones on mavic mini???
2019-12-30
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 2019-12-28 06:04

Hi,

Just wondered if you have had any feedback from DJI yet?  Hope you have got the info you need to understand what’s happened.

2020-1-2
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350331 ft
Italy

Hi all.
Today I had the same issue: a flyaway with my mini.
I will try to find it tomorrow but I would understand a thing: on the flight log there is marked "the drone point", is this the last position send before the signal lost or the position where the drone crashed?
As you know the flyaway will put you in an out of signal condition so I would understand what means the drone point on the map because the point indicates a zone but the done could be very far away from that point.
I don't know if you understand what I mean.
Any help is very apreciated.
Thank you very much!
2020-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Akrasky Posted at 1-5 10:14
Hi all.
Today I had the same issue: a flyaway with my mini.
I will try to find it tomorrow but I would understand a thing: on the flight log there is marked "the drone point", is this the last position send before the signal lost or the position where the drone crashed?

You will stand a better chance of getting help if you start your own thread .
2020-1-5
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 10:23

Ok,
thank you, I will do it ;)
2020-1-5
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 10:23

I just tried and the system doesn't allow me to open new thread... I really don't know why!
2020-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Akrasky Posted at 1-5 10:46
I just tried and the system doesn't allow me to open new thread... I really don't know why![view_image]

Maybe you need to be level 2
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules