Mavic Mini Flyaway
10391 211 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 11:57
I said that im not sure if i tried it or not. Could be. Could be that the drone doesnt react/respond how about that szenario? What if the drone doesnt react anymore to my sport mode comando? Can you read this in the flight data aswell? Hope you understand now my point of view. Good night

Your answer is further evidence that you dont really know what happened.  There are so many holes in your story, it cannot be taken as reliable.   That is not unusual, but your attitude and certainty that this was all the drones fault and you did nothing wrong despite ALL the evidence is a problem.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 12-26 12:03
Hi,

Lost the fight against the wind. Sorry for your loss.
[Image]

Well see then
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 11:57
I said that im not sure if i tried it or not. Could be. Could be that the drone doesnt react/respond how about that szenario? What if the drone doesnt react anymore to my sport mode comando? Can you read this in the flight data aswell? Hope you understand now my point of view. Good night

Could be that the drone doesnt react/respond how about that szenario?
But your flight data shows that your drone responded exactly to every command input you gave it.

What if the drone doesnt react anymore to my sport mode comando?

But you never initiated Sport Mode.
It probably wouldn't have made any difference if you did.
What you needed to do was get your drone down out of the strong winds at altitude.

Can you read this in the flight data aswell?

Everything is in the data.

Hope you understand now my point of view.
Your point of view doesn't matter at all.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-26 12:09
Your answer is further evidence that you dont really know what happened.  There are so many holes in your story, it cannot be taken as reliable.   That is not unusual, but your attitude and certainty that this was all the drones fault and you did nothing wrong despite ALL the evidence is a problem.

Well see then
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 12:11
Could be that the drone doesnt react/respond how about that szenario?
But your flight data shows that your drone responded exactly to every command input you gave it.

Youre trying to put me in the bad position i really think your jealous as hell well see later expert
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

jealous of what?  lol.   Jealous that you have s spare remote and batteries but no drone now?
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-26 12:16
jealous of what?  lol.   Jealous that you have s spare remote and batteries but no drone now?

Well see later : )
2019-12-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do not understand your short line of text.
2019-12-26
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 12-25 07:29
Boah, wauisaui ... ähm I mean ;-) agree with keule ...40km/h wind...on ground or in flight height which was nearly 150m ? (in flight wind option isn't available in free version of air data) If at ground the wind speed easily doubles at 150m. I want to see a little drone that does it, especially in p-mode, so I would say no chance for the mini.

You can get a wind profile in UAV forecast for free
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 12:13
Youre trying to put me in the bad position i really think your jealous as hell  well see later expert
Youre trying to put me in the bad position
You put your drone in a bad position all by yourself ... and you left it there.

2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 12:13
Youre trying to put me in the bad position i really think your jealous as hell  well see later expert

jeal·ous
/ˈjeləs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: jealous

Feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.

The people who have tried to help you have nothing to gain, and you ignoring the information that's in the data achieves nothing.

Someone who reads this would take away that you could have better pre flight practices, that you could of handled it better but you've chosen on disputing everything anyone said against your opinion.

If this is how you fly the mini it won't be long before we see you posting about the M2P....
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 12:25
Youre trying to put me in the bad position
You put your drone in a bad position all by yourself ... and you left it there.

Not me my friend
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-26 12:28
jeal·ous
/ˈjeləs/
Learn to pronounce

I dont want to repeat the whole...
2019-12-26
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 12:35
I dont want to repeat the whole...

Please update this forum once you’ve discussed your ‘fly away’ with a DJI manager, honestly I’ve never laughed so much at a thread before, thanks for the entertainment
2019-12-26
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

TDZHDTV Posted at 12-26 12:24
You can get a wind profile in UAV forecast for free

Yes of course I know. Before EVERY flight I have a look on it (UAV App) , especially in height of 100m. BUT there is one thing...where is the wheather station which gives these information...perhaps, I would better say surely, a few kilometers away, so the value is more a clue, but I always pay attention on this. And the strong wind warnings while flying, which sometimes pop up, shows me, that the "height wind forecast" is right.
2019-12-26
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

My little comment ... HERE in the forum there is no other way than to look for the cause in the logs, so one have to allow these objective and neutral evaluation. If this doesn't correspond to the pilot's personal impression, there is a big  problem. Just like when an airplane pilot says he has extended the landing gear, but there is nothing to be seen in the logs. Who do you believe, the pilot or the log ? Maybe the procedure that writes the log also has a bug ? It hasn't logged the instruction.
2019-12-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if flying the mavic mini is this complicated, the ordinary new pilots don't stand a chance.  just the other day, i launched and all of a sudden realized it was too windy and i wrestled a good 5 minutes to get her home and i packed it in.  a 20 minute one-way trip to my favourite spot wasted.  when i left home (a zone where i cannot fly) all was good, wind was calm.  when i arrived, you'd think i left the country.  big big dislike from me about having to travel the fly, the lighting and the weather can and will change.  sometimes i arrive only to find out organized play all over the region and since i have two other alternatives, i can either travel another 10 minutes...or go home; depends on how badly i feel like flying.  it's all good tho, at least i have zero problems with leo/civilians/public/etc so far.

btw, i'm trying to lighten the mood.  the cross topics/problems threw me off; posters should change their userid to meaningful.
2019-12-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jonny007 Posted at 12-26 13:14
My little comment ... HERE in the forum there is no other way than to look for the cause in the logs, so one have to allow these objective and neutral evaluation. If this doesn't correspond to the pilot's personal impression, there is a big  problem. Just like when an airplane pilot says he has extended the landing gear, but there is nothing to be seen in the logs. Who do you believe, the pilot or the log ? Maybe the procedure that writes the log also has a bug ? It hasn't logged the instruction.

You are quite correct, the logs are the only way to tell the real story. And DJI will want to look at the logs in trying to determine what happened. In this case they will read the logs and come to the conclusion that the pilot lost control of his aircraft due to inaction on his part. They may refuse to do anytthing at all, or they may (if they are feeling generous) offer a small discount on another aircraft.

2019-12-26
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-26 03:38
There it is, I feel like I'm in the boat with others as none of us look at the CSV and read the sites face value. Having only ever downloaded the kml I assumed the csv was just the table below and not a extended view.

Tldr: Download the CSV if you want everything the Mini log's.

You can also download the KML CSV from airdata.

I use FRAP and CsvView programs to view the original txt log offline.

Doing so gives you a lot more info than any website.
2019-12-26
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-26 12:03
Hi,

Lost the fight against the wind. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks JJB, I love using FRAP.
2019-12-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first inclination when first looking at this was like everybody else assuming it was a wind issue.  However, as I looked at it closer, I noticed a sudden and dramatic change in the direction the drone was pointed.

Something happened at the 1m 6.8s moment in the flight.  I think it was likely whatever caused this that ended up resulting in the symptoms that were seen for the next period of time.

Prior to this time, the heading was pretty steady with no stick input and was facing at approximately 257 degrees.  Then within 1/10th of a second, it jumped approximately 90 degrees and was then pointed at 346.9 degrees.  And then 2/10th of a second later it was another 51 degrees and was now facing at 38.6 degrees for a total of almost 140 degree change in direction within 3/10th of a second.  

Timestamp - Heading
1m 6.6s - 257.4
1m 6.7s - 257.4
1m 6.8s - 346.9
1m 6.9s - 346.9
1m 7s - 38.6
1m 7.1s - 38.7

I'm not sure if the drone actually changed directions that quickly or its sensors just thought it changed directions.  

Either way, it seems to me like something abnormal happened there and very likely was the precursor to the drone floating around uncommanded.

Not sure if it would be from the wind, compass interference, a bird strike, or just a straight up IMU malfunction.  I don't think it was likely wind or a bird strike because there were no associated sudden changes in pitch or roll values.  My inclination is likely that it was a compass/magnetic interference issue that only showed once the drone got up to altitude away from whatever was causing the interference on the ground.  However, that inclination is just a guess and not based on anything I saw in the logs as there is no evidence of it in the logs.
2019-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The Saint Posted at 12-25 19:54
im curious so i'm just asking for a friend.

is there a such thing as someone having a "flyaway"....in a bad sort of context?  you know, as if it's a poor reflection on the pilot.  im wondering if your mavic mini got away from you do we somehow blame the pilot and if so, is it appropriate to sanction the pilot?  i understand there are different factors and the facts of each incident are subjective but is it appropriate to refer to a flyaway as loss of control that should not have happened had the pilot were more experienced?

Almost all “fly away” are directly caused by some pilot error,
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 12-26 15:29
My first inclination when first looking at this was like everybody else assuming it was a wind issue.  However, as I looked at it closer, I noticed a sudden and dramatic change in the direction the drone was pointed.

Something happened at the 1m 6.8s moment in the flight.  I think it was likely whatever caused this that ended up resulting in the symptoms that were seen for the next period of time.

I'm not sure where you are seeing this.
Are you looking at the same flight?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/772830AT2JWX2QUKNFJC/

After rotating the drone early in the flight, the drone is on a heaading of 225° from 0:16.9.
There is no more rudder input for minutes after that.
At 1:06.0 the drone is pointing 225° and still is at 1:07.0
The drone stays on the same heading until 2:42.1 when he gives it some rudder input, rotating the drone clockwise.
2019-12-26
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

This thread becomes more confusing with every post because of this piggy backing log from fans17de0bd1:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XDMIT6U4SOF8SVEVDL3M/

The original log for this thread from fansdb984e64:
2019-12-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RBI Posted at 12-26 16:53
This thread becomes more confusing with every post because of this piggy backing log from fans17de0bd1:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XDMIT6U4SOF8SVEVDL3M/

Yes, this is a huge problem!  I grabbed the first logs posted in the thread assuming they were from the original poster.

People need to post using an identifiable name rather than random strings and they need to post their own problems in their own threads instead of piggybacking and causing an unfollowable thread....  

Its late here, I think I'm grouchy, time to head to bed!  Sorry I added to the confusion....
2019-12-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-26 15:57

Probably the most confusing thread I've seen....  sorry to have contributed to the confusion!
2019-12-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 12-26 21:33
Yes, this is a huge problem!  I grabbed the first logs posted in the thread assuming they were from the original poster.

People need to post using an identifiable name rather than random strings and they need to post their own problems in their own threads instead of piggybacking and causing an unfollowable thread....  

"People need to post using an identifiable name rather than random strings"

Those user names of random strings are assigned by the forum, not the user. To make them clearer, the member needs to go into their settings and change their user-name to something more meaningful.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 12-26 15:29

U say it: it felt dramatic. One small detail i forgot to say is that seconds before the flyaway the gimbal rotates abnormal, very strange. But let the expert Labroides find some arguments: )

Greetings
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 15:57
Oh there we go ; )
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 23:09
U say it: it felt dramatic. One small detail i forgot to say is that seconds before the flyaway the gimbal rotates abnormal, very strange. But let the expert Labroides find some arguments: )

Greetings

But let the expert Labroides find some arguments: )
It wasn't your flight data.
It was another flight on another continent by another flyer.
See post #143 for details
Your data just shows a simple straightforward flight, by a simple unintelligent flyer, up too high in a strong wind and being blown backwards all the flight.
Is that enough for you?
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

What are you talking about ?
2019-12-27
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

U respond to that case
2019-12-27
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-27 00:04
U respond to that case

KlooGee accidentally replied to another log file. Read Post # 144 and others then you may understand what is being talked about here.

Especially for you, so that also you understand what happens in your thread below in German:
KlooGee hat aus versehen auf eine andere Logdatei geantwortet. Lese Post #144 und die weiteren dann verstehst auch Du vielleicht wovon hier geredet wird.
2019-12-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

What a confusing thread!

The person who`s flight is shown in post #120; very simple flight to analyse: fighting wind and no adequate action by the 'pilot' to get the drone back home.

And yes, better to have 1 log in one thread to discuss about, plus normal user name is convenient....

cheers
JJB
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Im confused lol
2019-12-27
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Labroides Posted at 12-26 00:20
Airdata only gives a brief summary.
Phantomhelp allows an experienced investigator to see the actual data - lots more than Airdata shows.

Can you elaborate ? how do I access to more advanced data ? all I can see is the log with a scrollbar.
The log is Identical to the log I see in AireData.
AireData has a player. What am I missing ?
2019-12-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

the1shark Posted at 12-27 07:33
Can you elaborate ? how do I access to more advanced data ? all I can see is the log with a scrollbar.
The log is Identical to the log I see in AireData.
AireData has a player. What am I missing ?

You're doing what I did and only looking at the website, download the csv from phantomhelp and you will see a fuller flight log with way more information but requires a 3rd party program  to properly view.

Others can chime in and some have said airdata's csv is as detailed but I can not verify that, each website has a Summarized portion of the flight log quick displayed but they don't show Everything.
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JJB* Posted at 12-26 12:20
Do not understand your short line of text.

I think he means "we will see then" like after he speaks to support they will say he is right.
A bit of the wrong attitude here since people are trying to help.
2019-12-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-27 11:05
I think he means "we will see then" like after he speaks to support they will say he is right.
A bit of the wrong attitude here since people are trying to help.

oke, guess he understands now that it is a pilot 'error' this flight.
2019-12-27
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 12-27 11:08
oke, guess he understands now that it is a pilot 'error' this flight.
Still here and convinced that i am right, But pls dont write anymore, dont take it personally.

AGood night
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules