Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RBI Posted at 12-26 02:02
Simple question: Why have you never switched to S mode?

I cant remember 100% i i tried Sports mode. But i think so. Trust me i tried EVERYTHING to bring it back. No chamce at all. All dji security measures have failed Including if the drone lost whole connection it should come rth back AUTOMATICLY. It didnt obviously. After that i tried it by pushing and hold the rth button to hope that the drone comes back. Didnt work. An all by the way without ANY DISPLAY view, you understand all? WITHOUT. Hope you can put yourself at least a bit in my position and my experience that day.  Greetings
2019-12-26
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 01:50
You think i read your text to the end? Youre definetly wrong. Your text is only about one thing: my personal fault. Pls be quiet and beware what you say!! Your again one of these people who wasnt there and you have no idea okay? Why dont you understand that the deone  didnt  react on nothing? And as in the video from youtube  you can see if you dont do nothing it shöuld hower, and it wasnt windy as it says in the data logs. I try to explaine again: in the beginning of the start i flew up straight in the air and let it hower a bit in alsmost the same altitude when the disaster(flyaway) began, but there wasnt any strong wind or so, it just howered stable in the air like the small drone did evertime in the last flights.  in the moment of the flyaway  The remote connection immedtiately lost i havent seen nothing pn the display, do you understand what it means? NOTHING, the connection was gone conpletely. I did what i had to do i claimed for rth but i doesnt work. End of story!!!!‘
This reply is a little confusing. You’ve had the log explained to you but decide to claim it’s nonsense?  You can’t possibly know what the wind was like 400ft+ in the air, the logs however show the drone being carried by the wind.  

The moment I get a wind warning etc I bring the drone lower and voila the warnings vanish. Because at 400ft be 200ft or ground level, wind speeds vary massively.  Saying you hovered it at that altitude and it was fine merry means it was fine at that moment. Winds change very quickly and gusts of wind occur frequently.  I use the IOS app called Windy and it tells you predicted wind speed (ground level) as well as predicted speeds of gusts of wind, which are usually 3-5 mph faster than the base wind speed.

Whilst it’s frustrating to lose a drone, having someone look at the flight data, see clearly what happened and then deny it angrily doesn’t help you learn.  Hitting RTH is not a get out of jail free card and the wind was too fast for it to RTH
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 02:12
Youre definetly wrong. Your text is only about one thing: my personal fault.
That's because there was only one story in your flight data.
The data doesn't lie like you do.

No i will not read your text. Cause you dont understand the whole situation. You dont understand what it means second before the flyaway, to have no display insicators. Nothing at all. Even the little compass direction was going crazy if i turned around. You dont understand what it takes to be in such a situation. And if i said before it is so easy to say if you would have bring your drone on 100 feet youd had being it hone easly. Easy words for an expert reading flight logs. In my view you should better understand the things between what i am writing and not only the datas. But i dont wanne start a discussion, cause im here to get in touch with a manager from dji, not with an amateur flight logs expert. Have a good day
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Crummett Posted at 12-26 02:18
This reply is a little confusing. You’ve had the log explained to you but decide to claim it’s nonsense?  You can’t possibly know what the wind was like 400ft+ in the air, the logs however show the drone being carried by the wind.  

The moment I get a wind warning etc I bring the drone lower and voila the warnings vanish. Because at 400ft be 200ft or ground level, wind speeds vary massively.  Saying you hovered it at that altitude and it was fine merry means it was fine at that moment. Winds change very quickly and gusts of wind occur frequently.  I use the IOS app called Windy and it tells you predicted wind speed (ground level) as well as predicted speeds of gusts of wind, which are usually 3-5 mph faster than the base wind speed.

Yea your were definitely there and you can say for 1000% it was not able to come back by rth because of strimg wind. Pls .. it is sp easy to say that..
2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-26 00:20
Airdata only gives a brief summary.
Phantomhelp allows an experienced investigator to see the actual data - lots more than Airdata shows.

Could you screen shot what your seeing that's different?

When I upload my log to Phantomhelp, I see a map, a scroll bar that I can manually move to see information from my flight...all nothing of it. Airdata I get so much more information, not second by second in flight error reporting like Phantomhelp but it does show the same errors if there are any just not in a format that's line for line like Phantomhelp. I feel like others like I'm missing a menu or something because I don't see anything else outside the line for line log report...
2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-25 22:31
For you who saying wind... hope it gives you a different perspective of view by the way, in my flight it wasnt even 5% of that wind even in my altitude.. so i really hope it changes a bit your way of thing about this incedent, cause sometimes it isnt like it looks like

https://youtu.be/Z07QNVYc3Uo

I feel like the old saying applys here, if someone jumps off a bridge are you going to do the same?

It's your responsability as the pilot to ensure SAFE operating conditions before lifting off, just because you've seen one video talking about how it CAN does not mean you SHOULD do it.

2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-26 02:31
I feel like the old saying applys here, if someone jumps off a bridge are you going to do the same?

It's your responsability as the pilot to ensure SAFE operating conditions before lifting off, just because you've seen one video talking about how it CAN does not mean you SHOULD do it.

Really, what dont you understand when i say that there  wasnt even 5% of that wind like in the video?
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

So keep saying it wasn’t your fault.  Someone takes the time to interpret the logs for you, and you refuse to read/accept it.   You don’t accept that wind is different at various altitudes nor that winds can change.  You have no concept of what wind gusts are.

Everyone makes mistakes, but you refuse to even learn from them....fine.

Go ahead and blame DJI....go buy another product, lose that one too and blame them as well.
2019-12-26
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 02:32
Really, what dont you understand when i say that there  wasnt even 5% of that wind like in the video?

You don’t know that though. You haven’t a clue what the wind was like at 400ft, not a clue.  The trouble you have is that you want DJI to give you a replacement because despite the FACTS, you feel different. But no company will hand out freebies when the facts show the user was at fault.
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 02:23
No i will not read your text. Cause you dont understand the whole situation. You dont understand what it means second before the flyaway, to have no display insicators. Nothing at all. Even the little compass direction was going crazy if i turned around. You dont understand what it takes to be in such a situation. And if i said before it is so easy to say if you would have bring your drone on 100 feet youd had being it hone easly. Easy words for an expert reading flight logs. In my view you should better understand the things between what i am writing and not only the datas. But i dont wanne start a discussion, cause im here to get in touch with a manager from dji, not with an amateur flight logs expert. Have a good day

Trust me i tried EVERYTHING to bring it back.
Everything?
Including bringing your drone down out of the wind that was causing the problem?
Trust you?
No way  .. not after seeing how incompetent you are.

No i will not read your text. Cause you dont understand the whole situation. You dont understand what it means second before the flyaway, to have no display insicators. Nothing at all.
FYI I've investigated hundreds of flight incidents and found out what really happened, often finding lost drones and helped many flyers lear how to avoid making stupid mistakes like yours.

Even the little compass direction was going crazy if i turned around. You dont understand what it takes to be in such a situation.
Don't I?
I've read data and stories like yours hundreds of times.
I just haven't run into anyone quite so ignorant about their mistakes or as unappreciative of someone making the effort to explain the incident.

And if i said before it is so easy to say if you would have bring your drone on 100 feet youd had being it hone easly. Easy words for an expert reading flight logs.
Yes ... it's very easy.

In my view you should better understand the things between what i am writing and not only the datas.
In your view?
You are the ignorant schmuck that wasn't smart enough to work out that your drone was being blown away or that you should bring it down.

But i dont wanne start a discussion, cause im here to get in touch with a manager from dji, not with an amateur flight logs expert. Have a good day
Good luck with that.
You'll find that DJI will read the same data, the same way but won't bother to explain it to you in any detail as I have.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-26 02:36
So keep saying it wasn’t your fault.  Someone takes the time to interpret the logs for you, and you refuse to read/accept it.   You don’t accept that wind is different at various altitudes nor that winds can change.  You have no concept of what wind gusts are.

Everyone makes mistakes, but you refuse to even learn from them....fine.

You know, I'm the last one who won't admit his mistake. cause mistakes happen, this is life and we are all human. BUT in this case i can say for MYSELF that it was definetely not my fault. I tried really everything, and i keep saying it if you would be that day up in the air with that drone you would say the same 100%.
2019-12-26
Use props
driftking.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Germany

Hello,

I cannot understand the trigger-level like in my case. DJI said that in my case the drone was triggered forward about 10 Degree. When I show in your flight log the trigger-level is also not so high. When I compare it with trigger level with high speed foreward movement, the trigger level can be much higher!?

So I am asking: Could it be that the mavic mini didnt use full power for the return to home? So it was more like a sealing in the wind and so resulted the fligh away and we are wondering why the fly away could happen at such a less wind???
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 02:43
You know, I'm the last one who won't admit his mistake. cause mistakes happen, this is life and we are all human. BUT in this case i can say for MYSELF that it was definetely not my fault. I tried really everything, and i keep saying it if you would be that day up in the air with that drone you would say the same 100%.

You did EVERYTHING except for the following:
Update your home point
Go to Sports Mode
Check the weather
descend to a safe height

But I can see we are going around in circles.   Your logs indicate one story, you tell something completely different and will not accept you have done anything wrong.   Whatever works for you...
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

driftking.de Posted at 12-26 02:53
Hello,

I cannot understand the trigger-level like in my case. DJI said that in my case the drone was triggered forward about 10 Degree. When I show in your flight log the trigger-level is also not so high. When I compare it with trigger level with high speed foreward movement, the trigger level can be much higher!?

That’s what we’ve been telling this other guy the whole time.   RTH cannot overcome strong winds as well as manually flying in sports mode.   
2019-12-26
Use props
fans17de0bd1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750226 ft
Malaysia

lannes Posted at 12-26 00:27
fans17de0bd1 should start a new thread instead of piggy backing off this one, not the best forum etiquette.

I did see below. It appears that both our threads are titled “Mavic Mini Flyaway”. It also appears that my thread was posted first. Hence the so called “piggyback”. Apologies if any inconvenience caused.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2019-12-26
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

driftking.de Posted at 12-26 02:53
Hello,

This is the point. RTH uses P mode not Mode S. so if you’re caught by the wind and hit RTH your odds of getting home are smaller than manually changing to S mode and flying it
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-26 02:27

When I upload my log to Phantomhelp, I see a map, a scroll bar that I can manually move to see information from my flight...all nothing of it. Airdata I get so much more information, not second by second in flight error reporting like Phantomhelp but it does show the same errors if there are any just not in a format that's line for line like Phantomhelp. I feel like others like I'm missing a menu or something because I don't see anything else outside the line for line log report...

Go to the Phantomhelp report for this turkey's flight:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/772830AT2JWX2QUKNFJC/
Click on the Download CSV link and you'll see (some of) what I see.
For this one it's a 37 x 5808 spreadsheet full of data that Airdata will never show you.

If I need more data, I can click on Download Verbose CSV and get a much bigger spreadsheet with even more data.

2019-12-26
Use props
fans17de0bd1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750226 ft
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 12-26 00:17
This is very confusing having two members talking about two different incidents in the same thread.
Yours looks like a yaw error issue which is caused by launching from a magnetically dirty area - most commonly a reinforced concrete surface.
It's not a wind issue at all.

Apologies again for "piggybacking" this thread. This will be my final post at this thread. Thanks for your diagnosis. There are indeed concrete stones nearby.
As my pre-flight check are all ok:
(i)  how do I determine whether the area is a magnetically dirty area?
(ii) I would also take it to mean that the magnetically dirty area caused the non-responsive remote control and the Mini flying away on its own. Am I correct to presume that?
Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
And again apologies on the piggybacking.  
2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-26 03:14
Go to the Phantomhelp report for this turkey's flight:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/772830AT2JWX2QUKNFJC/
Click on the Download CSV link and you'll see (some of) what I see.

There it is, I feel like I'm in the boat with others as none of us look at the CSV and read the sites face value. Having only ever downloaded the kml I assumed the csv was just the table below and not a extended view.

Tldr: Download the CSV if you want everything the Mini log's.

Thank you Labroides
2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 02:43
You know, I'm the last one who won't admit his mistake. cause mistakes happen, this is life and we are all human. BUT in this case i can say for MYSELF that it was definetely not my fault. I tried really everything, and i keep saying it if you would be that day up in the air with that drone you would say the same 100%.

You took off, once in the air you assume all responsibility from that point on.

If a battery died, imu overheated, a motor stopped working are mechanical failures and would not be your fault, but taking off and as you said. (I heard the mini ramp to 100% power) so all you had to do was LAND.  

Open a support ticket for help from DJI, on this public forum we try to help those less experienced and try to offer some resolve. We have gone over your flight data which contradicts your story, sure we weren't there but you were and had many options such as not taking off. The winds were too strong but you didn't check the weather before hand so that's YOUR mistake and not DJI's.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

The really strange  thing is you speak in this forum like you were life in that  flight, proabbly you think you were the pilot... but you know what? I was the pilot and i will speak to dji. And i will explaine the Manager my point of view because thats what it is about. You can do so many analytics and try to find argues why i had done that so and so, but in the ende its my point of view what matters, i am the customer, i bought that drone and i will speak.  Good afternoon
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 12-26 03:44
You took off, once in the air you assume all responsibility from that point on.

If a battery died, imu overheated, a motor stopped working are mechanical failures and would not be your fault, but taking off and as you said. (I heard the mini ramp to 100% power) so all you had to do was LAND.  

It is not because you dont understand what it means to loose the live video and no respons. Easy to say from your side, very easy
2019-12-26
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 02:14
I cant remember 100% i i tried Sports mode. But i think so. Trust me i tried EVERYTHING to bring it back. No chamce at all. All dji security measures have failed Including if the drone lost whole connection it should come rth back AUTOMATICLY. It didnt obviously. After that i tried it by pushing and hold the rth button to hope that the drone comes back. Didnt work. An all by the way without ANY DISPLAY view, you understand all? WITHOUT. Hope you can put yourself at least a bit in my position and my experience that day.  Greetings

According to your log, S-mode was never activated. The data in the log file clearly show what happened.

Furthermore, flying drones is only allowed within line of sight in Germany.
If you follow the law, you can fly the MM even if the display goes black.
because you can see the drone and how it responds to your control commands.

my 2 cents
2019-12-26
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 04:02
The really strange  thing is you speak in this forum like you were life in that  flight, proabbly you think you were the pilot... but you know what? I was the pilot and i will speak to dji. And i will explaine the Manager my point of view because thats what it is about. You can do so many analytics and try to find argues why i had done that so and so, but in the ende its my point of view what matters, i am the customer, i bought that drone and i will speak.  Good afternoon

Unfortunately you will find that isn’t the case. A business doesn’t hand out free stuff because a customer has the opinion that they’re right. They’ll look at the logs, see it wasn’t a fault with the drone and decline a refund/replacement
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

if im you for sure. But im not so.
2019-12-26
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 04:25
if im you for sure. But im not so.

I admire your confidence. But you said yourself, you didn’t even read all of the analysis offered to you. So really you are just wishing for a free replacement. Good luck! You must be young enough to have never dealt with insurance claims etc
2019-12-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Okay, talk to DJI and let them read the logs and come to the same conclusion we did.

Also no one is arguing with you, do you know what a conversation is and having a discussion?

We are simply talking about what we SEE from your flight logs which is REAL FACTS on what happened and is not YOUR opinion on what happened.

YOU THINK were arguing with you because we don't agree, were not arguing at all.

We've been trying to help and offer suggestions as to what we SEE and THINK caused the issues, but instead of accepting and respecting what we think it is. You are telling us to stop arguing with you because your opinion is different from ours.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Crummett Posted at 12-26 04:28
I admire your confidence. But you said yourself, you didn’t even read all of the analysis offered to you. So really you are just wishing for a free replacement. Good luck! You must be young enough to have never dealt with insurance claims etc

I know what i saw so thats the only thing i will explain to the dji manager customer service.
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The really strange  thing is you speak in this forum like you were life in that  flight, proabbly you think you were the pilot.
I was there .. reading the data recorded every 1/10th of a second, showing what the drone was doing, what the sensors were detecting and what you were doing and not doing.
It's all there as clear as day to anyone that can read the data.
.. but you know what? I was the pilot and i will speak to dji.

And you know what?  You were the dope that did everything wrong and your data is going to tell DJI a different story from what you will.
DJI have seen it all before and they'll see through your lies in a flash.

And i will explaine the Manager my point of view because thats what it is about.
But your ignorant point of view isn't what matters and won't make any difference.

You can do so many analytics and try to find argues why i had done that so and so, but in the ende its my point of view what matters, i am the customer, i bought that drone and i will speak.
And you are as stupid as you come across here if you really believe that your point of view makes any difference.

2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 04:45
The really strange  thing is you speak in this forum like you were life in that  flight, proabbly you think you were the pilot.
I was there .. reading the data recorded every 1/10th of a second, showing what the drone was doing, what the sensors were detecting and what you were doing and not doing.
It's all there as clear as day to anyone that can read the data.
Dont be rude you expert. Time will do, but you will never get to know
2019-12-26
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

Sorry this happened to you bud.

For the rest of us

Flying check list
Check Wind
Check temperature
* Do not fly super high
* Do not ignore the warnings.
2019-12-26
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Temperature is not so important if it is not far below 0 degrees. I would say, it's  much more important to estimate the wind in height, which can quickly double at only 50 meters. In my opinion still the main cause of most flyaways. Decrease height as soon as the first warning occurs, continue flying, climb a little bit, look if the warning pops up again, no ? continue climbing, yes ? sink till warning disappears...climb a little bit....and so on. Or stay at a safe high. And what I keep saying: first fly against the wind, return flight with the wind. RTH against wind (P mode !) = good chance for a flyaway.
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DJI could care less about your opinion because:
1) people forget what they did in the heat of the moment.....you don’t remember if you went into sports mode or not, you say you think you did, but you also say you lost video connection.  If you lost video connection, then how did you initiate Sports mode?   So were you lying about Sports mode or lying about video connection?
2) People lie or omit things to get what they want.

All DJI or any manufacturer will do is look at the logs, and that is where you will run into trouble as the logs indicate you were the cause of flyway.     You assertion that you can “see” wind 120+metres up, is laughable.
2019-12-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 12-24 21:22
OK, I have had a look at the flight, but nothing seems out of the usual except a Forced Landing in the last three seconds of flight. But as to why? I don't know.

Hi,

Not many users do know this but its a normal 'feature' of DJI drones!
With landing protection ON AND flying low (0.30- 0.5 mtr) AND pushing stikc down for some moments the OP gives a command to the drone : DO AUTOLAND for me !

PS Landing protection cannot be disabled on a Spark and MM.
A few users have lost their drone like this flying low above water!

cheers
JJB

cheers
JJB
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-26 11:02
DJI could care less about your opinion because:
1) people forget what they did in the heat of the moment.....you don’t remember if you went into sports mode or not, you say you think you did, but you also say you lost video connection.  If you lost video connection, then how did you initiate Sports mode?   So were you lying about Sports mode or lying about video connection?
2) People lie or omit things to get what they want.

Watch out who you call a liar, okay?
2019-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 11:35
I know what i saw so thats the only thing i will explain to the dji manager customer service.
But the only thing he will be interested in is your data.

Your data is calling you a liar, OK?

2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 12-26 11:47
But the only thing he will be interested in is your data.

Are you jealous for some reason? Im just saying
2019-12-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

fansdb984e64 Posted at 12-26 11:35

then correct me.  

IF you lost video transmission as quickly as you say did, how did you then engage Sports mode?  (which is not shown in the logs). You said you tried everything, you said you tried sports mode...but I don’t know how you could have done that without a video signal
2019-12-26
Use props
fansdb984e64
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 12-26 11:53
then correct me.  

IF you lost video transmission as quickly as you say did, how did you then engage Sports mode?  (which is not shown in the logs). You said you tried everything, you said you tried sports mode...but I don’t know how you could have done that without a video signal

I said that im not sure if i tried it or not. Could be. Could be that the drone doesnt react/respond how about that szenario? What if the drone doesnt react anymore to my sport mode comando? Can you read this in the flight data aswell? Hope you understand now my point of view. Good night
2019-12-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Lost the fight against the wind. Sorry for your loss.

Blue line is where the OP did not applied pitch and/or roll to bring craft back home.
Red part in the blue line is the RTH, drifting further away too.

BTW first part in ATTI/OPTI mode due to low sat count/reception.
HP set after 31 seconds in flight.
cheers
JJB
analysis4.png
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules