Update or not?
1106 7 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Hello everyone, I have been away for a couple of weeks and saw that there's a fw for the OA.
However, I am reading some (negative) posts that the latency fix is at the expense of Rocksteady being less effective... can anyone confirm this?

Personally I care more about stabilization than latency or using a mic. Thanks in advance.
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

your camera  your choice good luck. I update. if me firmware fixes a lot and adds things. how you read it is up to you.
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. It is recommend for you to update the firmware of your DJI Osmo Action to optimize it's performance. For reference, I will be posting a link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... lease_Notes_en_.pdf ) for the release note of the said update. Thank you.
2019-12-25
Use props
Sebo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691122 ft
Canada

I can say this: if Stabilization is essential, do not do it. I purchased Osmo action a few days ago and immediately updated firmware, BIG mistake. Stabilization is very weak after this upgrade in comparison to YT videos. I think I will be shooting without any stabilization and just doing it in the post with FCP. I'm not even talking about shaking the camera like some people on YT. I can't get a stable image while slowly walking and paying attention not to shake it too much. And yes, my RockSteady is in On Blue.
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I hear ya. hope that it's just something incorrectly set, and overlooked if this is the case then DJI should immdediatally  have a  update, they do not.    the firmware should be 01.07.20(7099) is yours differ?  Just saying.
2019-12-25
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Sebo Posted at 12-25 10:06
I can say this: if Stabilization is essential, do not do it. I purchased Osmo action a few days ago and immediately updated firmware, BIG mistake. Stabilization is very weak after this upgrade in comparison to YT videos. I think I will be shooting without any stabilization and just doing it in the post with FCP. I'm not even talking about shaking the camera like some people on YT. I can't get a stable image while slowly walking and paying attention not to shake it too much. And yes, my RockSteady is in On Blue.

Thanks man, I will leave it as it is and wait for a possible fix,,,
2019-12-29
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 12-25 04:24
your camera  your choice good luck. I update. if me firmware fixes a lot and adds things. how you read it is up to you.

Well so far the only major update seems to be screen lag but improvement but it also see,s to hurt IS so I guess it is a matter of priorities... in my case, my Action replaced my GoPro an Yi câmeras with their respective gimbals (on low light or for a more “cinematic” approach I use the Pocket).

Obviously it is “my camera, my choice”, I am only asking for user experiences to decide. Closing, I don’t believe luck has anything to do with a fw update. What do you mean by good luck? My Action is still working fine as it is, a fw upgrade should indeed UPGRADE the final product. Perhaps DJI could offer different choices regarding stabilization like GoPro.
2019-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Your camera, your choice. hope it works out for you  (good luck) that  should be  a different way of saying it.   they fixed issues,  and added features. see below.
Per DJI  and their Notes:   You may uncheck the auto update if  you   make a mistake of  using the app and it uploads.  

Osmo Action Release Notes
http://www.dji.com/osmo-action
Copyright © 2019 DJI OSMO All Rights Reserved.
Date: 2019.12.03

Firmware: v01.07.00.20
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.2.9
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.2.8
What’s New?
 Added Loop Recording shooting mode.
 Optimized sound for external microphone.
 Fixed issue: there was live view latency when video resolution was set to 4K with 24/25/30 fps.
Notes:
 If the update fails, restart Osmo Action and DJI Mimo, and retry. Alternatively, download the latest
firmware from the official DJI website to a microSD card to update

2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules