About flying in the rain
25558 8 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello guys,

May I ask what do you think or what do you know about flying with the Mavic Mini in the rainy weather? I mean I already saw a few videos in light rain but what I'm asking for is;

* Your experiences or estimations about what would happen
* Is there any official information about it

Have a great day and, fly safe! (Altough DJI Fly app won't let you even if you're safe enough LOL)
2019-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like Hallmark007 said in his post on another thread, water and electronics is not a good mix.  The motor windings are really exposed on the MM.  I flew mine early one morning in a very light mist and when I got it back down I used a blow dryer to dry the motor windings and through the vent holes for the onboard electronics.  So far, no issues but I'm not going to risk that again.  
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information with this inquiry. It is not advisable to fly the said drone in the rain. Please fly safely and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A few occasional rain drops will not hurt any drone or camera, but it's not good idea in general. Only Enterprise class DJI M200 series drones are rain-proof by design, but these are made for different applications. With drones for aerial photography, rain droplets or mist on camera lens will ruin the image anyway, rendering the mission pointless. Long story short, don't.
2019-12-25
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

not a good idea.  It will likely last the actual flight, but over time the water will cause corrosion or shorts.
2019-12-25
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058789 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do the motor caps for the Mavic Mini help?  My concern is when the drone is several minutes of flight time trying to get it back on?
2019-12-25
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Motor caps block motor cooling. Don't fly in rain frog or snow. Read the manual for more Information.
2019-12-25
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

knarfboy Posted at 12-25 18:23
The Motor caps block motor cooling. Don't fiy in rain frog or snow. Read the manual for more Information.

Thanks for the answer I was also gonna ask that question
2019-12-25
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules