Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Info On Regulations From The FAA
2203 47 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Watchman News
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-27 09:40
It sounds like this AMA is an organization worth supporting.

As a ham, I'm a paying member of the ARRL, and feel that their lobbying efforts on behalf of the ham community is well worth the membership dues.  The same may well be true of the AMA.  I'll have to look into that.

We extensively covered what happened to the Bundy and Hammond families along with the assassination of Robert Lavoy Finicum at the hands of the government. I know all too well what you are talking about.
2019-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6342851 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The Saint Posted at 12-27 10:44
i think the idea is the non-compliant drones have a capability of flying illegal (w/o remote id) and getting away with it which makes them valuable.

i laughed when i read that part, no way in hell people are going to restrict their flying to an approved field with limited range.  that's a dream and a mistake and it will go to court if any local leo tries to illegal enforce it.  but i digress...

Remote helicopters and aero planes have been confined to fields since their inception and I’m certain they and their clubs are quite happy to continue, not everyone in these new rules are just drone flyers .
2019-12-27
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-27 10:51
I don't think you're being dramatic at all!! I feel the same way you do. I think it's a bunch of hoohaw if you ask me. Something to create jobs and generate revenue for the government. Nothing in it that I've found so far offers any protection for the pilots that I fear will start happening if the public actually gets access. Not to mention over zealous law enforcement. I know all to well about over zealous law enforcement. Long story there but it happens and it isn't pretty when it does.

would love to hear your story one day when the time is right...obviously in another thread.  i actually think it will break the forum.  
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 88337 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-27 13:12
would love to hear your story one day when the time is right...obviously in another thread.  i actually think it will break the forum.

Yeah, I'll let you in on it like you say, when the time is right!!
2019-12-27
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-27 11:21
I don't know where you figure that. I most certainly live here. I own a news organization so I am aware of things that go on and how the system works. So aside from homemade guns and 80% lowers receivers are not required to have a registered serial number? They are working on getting rid of the 80% receivers as I type and for the most part no one builds guns at home from scratch. Just wait, the big push for gun control just got started and our president is in full support of it.

read your reply, appreciate it, pretty sure the people here are not interested in the gun topic so we'll just agree to let it go, sorry i brought it up.  there is no 2nd amendment for drones so there isn't much to argue about i guess.  drone owners refuse to take a page from what we've learned so registration is it.

registration = confiscation
2019-12-27
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-27 13:22
read your reply, appreciate it, pretty sure the people here are not interested in the gun topic so we'll just agree to let it go, sorry i brought it up.  there is no 2nd amendment for drones so there isn't much to argue about i guess.  drone owners refuse to take a page from what we've learned so registration is it.

registration = confiscation

That's kind of the point I was making. This has nothing to do with safety. It is all about control. Drones are handy tools in certain situations. They can be used to make cool youtube videos or to advertise a house for sale. They can also be used to provide intelligence which kind of goes back to the other topic we aren't talking about. LoL
2019-12-27
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-27 11:21
I don't know where you figure that. I most certainly live here. I own a news organization so I am aware of things that go on and how the system works. So aside from homemade guns and 80% lowers receivers are not required to have a registered serial number? They are working on getting rid of the 80% receivers as I type and for the most part no one builds guns at home from scratch. Just wait, the big push for gun control just got started and our president is in full support of it.

" Just wait, the big push for gun control just got started and our president is in full support of it."

He has been in the past.  But now:  Not if he knows which side his bread is buttered on!
2019-12-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 26253064 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-27 12:50
Remote helicopters and aero planes have been confined to fields since their inception and I’m certain they and their clubs are quite happy to continue, not everyone in these new rules are just drone flyers .

I have flown RC helicopters from my property since before drones so I don't know about confined to a field. We also have unofficial heli meets-ups at various places, none of which are AMA sanctioned.

I really hope RC helis just fall by the wayside and get overlooked since they are not and have not been part of the problem as far as I know.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules