Mavic Mini Upgrade?
9335 13 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Do you think in the future they will upgrade the firmware in the Mavic Mini to include some of the modes available in the Mavic Pro's? Like follow me, way points, etc. making them available after upgrading firmware. DJI maybe you could answer this.
2019-12-26
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

I bet on DJI might make the resolution 4k with an upgrade. Yes with an software upgrade.
2019-12-26
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
United States

yamyamu Posted at 12-26 17:20
I bet on DJI might make the resolution 4k with an upgrade. Yes with an software upgrade.

Isn't the switch from 2.7K to 4K only made with changes to internal parts of the camera and different lenses instead of software? I'm just guessing here.
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's all to do with marketing, if the make the MM too capable, it would affect sales of their more expensive drones

The mini already has a form of active track , see the video from Dustin Dunnill

2019-12-26
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 12-26 17:35
It's all to do with marketing, if the make the MM too capable, it would affect sales of their more expensive drones

The mini already has a form of active track , see the video from Dustin Dunnill

I'm familiar with the modes on the mini, but way points would be nice to have.
2019-12-26
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

Jake Phantom 3 S Posted at 12-26 17:24
Isn't the switch from 2.7K to 4K only made with changes to internal parts of the camera and different lenses instead of software? I'm just guessing here.

The two main factors are the camera sensor and the processor that's encoding the video. The still pictures that the mini takes are higher resolution than 4k, so we know the sensor can do 4k. The processor is an  Ambarella H22 which is also capable of 4k at 60fps.

So the Mavic Mini is probably capable of 4k, but of course this is all just speculation. There might be other factors like cooling and SD card write performance, among others. Only DJI really knows.

2019-12-26
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
United States

Bjord Posted at 12-26 17:45
The two main factors are the camera sensor and the processor that's encoding the video. The still pictures that the mini takes are higher resolution than 4k, so we know the sensor can do 4k. The processor is an  Ambarella H22 which is also capable of 4k at 60fps.

So the Mavic Mini is probably capable of 4k, but of course this is all just speculation. There might be other factors like cooling and SD card write performance, among others. Only DJI really knows.

Like they say, you learn something everyday. Thanks for the info.
2019-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jake Phantom 3 S Posted at 12-26 17:44
I'm familiar with the modes on the mini, but way points would be nice to have.

When the SDK is released there is a good chance that Litchi would support it and then more advanced flying would be possible like waypoints.
2019-12-27
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Yes, Mavic Mini hardware is fully capable to shoot in 4K, BUT as Dji said, they had to limit to 2.7K because of heat dissipation (because they need a lot more processing power) and maby because of marketing... Mini uses passive cooling instead of active cooling like in other drones.
2019-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on DJI and release the SDK so third party developers can do their thing.  
2019-12-27
Use props
FernandoSedrez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23993 ft
Brazil

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-27 05:08
Come on DJI and release the SDK so third party developers can do their thing.

if DJI is lazy about doing this so let the 3rd party do
2019-12-27
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I just hope they introduce the features the Spark had moving forward
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jake Phantom 3 S. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with regards to the DJI Mavic Mini's future updates. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products and updates, kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2019-12-27
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think the pressure will be on DJI to at least add manual camera controls, including white balance, tracking options and 4 k if possible. The competition is hotting up, with Hubson releasing the Zino Pro and Pro 2, both sporting features that match the Mavic Air!!
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules