EU 2020 drone reg's - Drones 900g and up require a test centre vi...
2358 3 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cm00
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,

I've  got a drone on preorder, it weighs 930grams. That's why I'm asking  about this. I understand the mavic 2 weighs just over 900grams also and  so this also applies to mavic 2 users.

Here are the incoming EU rules for July 2020: https://greyarro.ws/t/new-easa-drone-rules-1-july-2020/11396/30

It states that if you fly a drone above 900g, you will not be allowed to fly it over uninvolved people.
The  new rules also state that you will need to pass an additional test, at a  test centre, which is bound to cost. That's in addition to the online  test.
There is one caveat. This chart seems to  suggest that you only need to take the additional test centre test if  you intend to fly your above 900g drone over uninvolved people. But the  UK's own drone laws say you can't fly a drone with a Camera within 50  metres of uninvolved people anyway, so therefore this additional test  centre test shouldn't even be relevant to UK drone users, would it?

Even  though it seems that way, I was reading earlier that a site is being  set up for UK drone users to take the test centre test. Which doesn't  make sense if like I said, UK drone laws states you are not allowed to  fly a camera drone within 50m of uninvolved people.

I'm  trying to figure out if I should cancel my preorder and get a  drone that weighs less than 900g. As long as I won't have to go for an  additional test centre exam I won't have a problem with flying a 930g drone  because I won't be flying it over uninvolved people anyway.
2019-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are some stores like Heliguy who are hinting at being able to do the test with them online,  also these are the EU rules the UK may not be the same.  Lastly the Mavic 2 may fall into the C3 category as its down to the manufacturer to assign the class and we don't know if old drones will get that set by DJI moving forward.   Don't forget in the UK you already have to take an exam and pass it to be able to register your drone to be able to fly. https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual
2019-12-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is still some uncertainty about it.
From what I have understood, the 900gr limit is not about flying over unintended people. There are additional requirements for certificates etc.
That is already  from 250gr and above (but it is rather technical text, so I might have misread it)
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_510vda2fZlnX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'd also like to know if taking the UK DMARES test and registering as an operator will i be covered to fly an A1C1 drones in Europe
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules