Focus wheel zooms instead of pulling focus on my Sony A7iii
6652 11 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chilledinlife
lvl.1
India

So I was very excited to try the focus pull feature on the ronin s after watching a lot of videos.

I updated my Sony A7iii to version 3.10 (latest firmware as of today) and my Ronin S to version 2.1.1.0 (latest firmware as of today).

I balanced the gimbal, put on my lens, turned off auto focus only to find out that the focus wheel is zooming in instead of pulling focus.

Can someone please help me. This is urgent. I have a shoot next week and need to get this fixed before that!
2019-12-27
Use props
imattis047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I had to get the MCC-C USB C cable. If you have the MCC-Multi, focus pulling will not work. Also, the AF/MF switch my FE 1.8  85mm needed to be set to AF. Good luck.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi chilledinlife, may we verify which cable are you connecting? If you would like the pulling focus function, please connect with the MCC-C cable, and then make sure the settings are correct. Sony A7 iii.png
2019-12-31
Use props
Capman81
lvl.1
France

hello i have sony a7III with ronin SC with focus wheel and i want to control the zoom and not the focus but i don't know how to change this ? thanks
2020-1-5
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Capman81 Posted at 1-5 06:40
hello i have sony a7III with ronin SC with focus wheel and i want to control the zoom and not the focus but i don't know how to change this ? thanks
Which lens are you using.
2020-1-6
Use props
Capman81
lvl.1
France

M2Wair Posted at 1-6 16:43
Which lens are you using.

hello sony Fe 35mm 1.8 . before a firmware update of ronin SC focus wheel controling the zoom of my A7III and 35mm 1.8 . And now after update of ronin it's controling the focus . But it's so laggy and i prefer use it to control the zoom . thanks
2020-1-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Capman81 Posted at 1-7 23:19
hello sony Fe 35mm 1.8 . before a firmware update of ronin SC focus wheel controling the zoom of my A7III and 35mm 1.8 . And now after update of ronin it's controling the focus . But it's so laggy and i prefer use it to control the zoom . thanks

So you want to use the focus motor, correct and not the focus wheel!

To change from zoom to focus you need to change cables, if memory serves correct, give it a try. All are in the box.
2020-1-8
Use props
Capman81
lvl.1
France

M2Wair Posted at 1-8 05:44
So you want to use the focus motor, correct and not the focus wheel!

To change from zoom to focus you need to change cables, if memory serves correct, give it a try. All are in the box.

Thank you it works with the sony cable suddenly. But why is there not a way to choose between the 2 modes directly on the application with the same cable?
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Capman81 Posted at 1-8 07:02
Thank you it works with the sony cable suddenly. But why is there not a way to choose between the 2 modes directly on the application with the same cable?

My guess its a Sony issue
2020-1-8
Use props
dbrownBytheway
New

Canada

Hello Mindy or anybody at DJI. Somebody know if there is a fix, an update or a workaround being developped for this issue between focus pulling vs zoom with the MCC-multi cable?
Pulling focus without an external monitor OR not being able to pull focus with an external monitor is a huge bummer.
2020-6-30
Use props
Parrajara
lvl.1

Canada

dbrownBytheway Posted at 2020-6-30 12:45
Hello Mindy or anybody at DJI. Somebody know if there is a fix, an update or a workaround being developped for this issue between focus pulling vs zoom with the MCC-multi cable?
Pulling focus without an external monitor OR not being able to pull focus with an external monitor is a huge bummer.

I figure it's a matter of camera settings? When I first installed the Focus wheel I had not changed the settings, so it was Zooming instead of focusing.  I am currently using those settings to focus, but my best guess is that if I reverse those settings again, it would go back to zooming.
2021-1-10
Use props
WillbFlying
New
Canada

Parrajara Posted at 2021-1-10 14:00
I figure it's a matter of camera settings? When I first installed the Focus wheel I had not changed the settings, so it was Zooming instead of focusing.  I am currently using those settings to focus, but my best guess is that if I reverse those settings again, it would go back to zooming.

Which camera setting are you referring to?
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules