Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery firmware update ?
21137 17 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

I read Mavic users talking about battery update. I don't know if this is true or even exsist ( I never saw a message requesting me to updat the battery ) but for the sake of discussion, let's say there is such a thing. Assuming you update your Mavic to the latest firmware and during that process the battery was updated too. So, what about the other 2 batteries that came with my combo pack ? How do they get the update then ?
I don't remember coming across a message or a warning that asks me to update a battery, and I switch between batteries all the time ..
So what am I missing here ?

2019-12-27
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

When you put the other batteries in they’ll prompt
2019-12-27
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

You can also connect the mini with battery to a computer using DJI assistant 2 and update the battery firmware there.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the post of GreenDay on post #2. The battery of DJI Mavic Mini will be updated once you update your aircraft. Therefore, for you to update those 3 batteries that you have you can connect it using the DJI Assistant 2 and update the aircraft. As of the moment, we don't have any specific updates for the batteries only for the drone and RC. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My Mini has never prompted me to update the other batteries. Usually when switching batteries the app will say inconsistent firmware found or something like that. I have yet to see this prompt from the Mini. I wouldn't worry about it.
2019-12-27
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-27 08:20
Hi, thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the post of GreenDay on post #2. The battery of DJI Mavic Mini will be updated once you update your aircraft. Therefore, for you to update those 3 batteries that you have you can connect it using the DJI Assistant 2 and update the aircraft. As of the moment, we don't have any specific updates for the batteries only for the drone and RC. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!

So just to make sure ..
In case there will be an update for the batteries, will I be prompt every time I will use a battery that did not get the update ?
Or,
The battery update will come with the drone update, so the one that is inside  will be updated, but the other 2 needs to be inserted later to the drone while it is connected to the DJI assistant in order to update them ?

Thanks
2019-12-27
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I find the moderators response a little confusing, I’ve had two of my three batteries request an update
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never been prompted for a battery update. Heck, I've yet to be prompted for an update for my MM or RC. It came with .003 already installed. Makes me wonder what we are in store for when the .004 update comes out. Air craft, remote controller and batteries all perhaps?
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

the1shark Posted at 12-27 08:37
So just to make sure ..
In case there will be an update for the batteries, will I be prompt every time I will use a battery that did not get the update ?
Or,

Not sure if the battery gets updated at the same time, but yes the other two will tell you if they need an update. Only 2 of my batteries asked for an update.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

the1shark Posted at 12-27 08:37
So just to make sure ..
Or,

Yes, your statement are correct since we don't have any specific update for the batteries at the moment. Thank you!
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_2pjYIHwacMgM
New

Italy

I did few hours ago the firmware upgrade (I have 3 batteries).
1) I connected th Mavic Mini to the PC by means of a USB cable.
2) The software DJI Assistant2 informed me that there was a new firmware and I upgraded it (the 1-st battery inside the drone was upgraded automatically)
3) I connected the remote to the PC and DJI Assistant informed me again that there was a new firmware and I upgraded the controller too
4) I tried to connect the triple charger with the 2 other batteries: nothing (that item was not recognised by DJI Assistant)
5) I replaced the battery inside the drone.
6) When I connected the drone (with battery 2 inside) to the PC, DJI Assistant informed me that "one componet of the drone" needs upgrading and I did.
7) I repeated step 5 and 6 with battery 3

THE END
2020-5-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Same here... that component was indeed the battery, and it updated it every time.

Anyhow... they should be more user transparent because I am afraid that if I were to fly the Mini offline with a non upgraded battery I might have incurred into battery level indicator unreliability or even possibly incorrect voltage display.
2020-5-8
Use props
fastPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32080 ft
Greece

Only two out of my three batteries asked for firmware update. They all came with the fly more combo.
Does this mean that one was already on the latest firmware?
It's kinda weird.
2020-5-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

One was contextually updated while the AC was updated since it was inside.

You get a warning with the other batteries because the AC firmware doesn't match anymore with the IFB battery firmware (which is of an earlier revision).
2020-5-8
Use props
mauriard
New

Italy

djiuser_2pjYIHwacMgM Posted at 2020-5-8 07:42
I did few hours ago the firmware upgrade (I have 3 batteries).
1) I connected th Mavic Mini to the PC by means of a USB cable.
2) The software DJI Assistant2 informed me that there was a new firmware and I upgraded it (the 1-st battery inside the drone was upgraded automatically)

Thanks, finally after a lot of research I found the right answer. I did as you said and perfectly updated all my batteries.
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_Cp5WrBQA3d6l
New

France

Hi I have a Mavic Air 2 with two batteries now I have the message "battery error" on each battery. I upgraded the drone (V01.01.0670) and also the remote control (V04.11.0016) but still have the error about battery. Contacts were cleaned . Can you help ? Thanks
2021-11-14
Use props
SCREV
New

Canada

Any update on this battery firmware issue?  I have the same problem with both of my batteries and will not update even when battery is fully charged shows error 'battery power level must be greater than 50%".

Frustrating that because of the software issues this drone will essentially be going in the trash.  This is an issue from 2019, its been two years now with no new updates.
2022-2-25
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
Italy

Reading your post I realized that I never checked my batteries this way.. One of them was 3 updates late (but still working)
Thank you
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules