7939 98 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rumor has it from a facebook post by techgoody that our long awaited next update will be released on December 30th.
What is your opinion? Let's hear it, good, bad or ugly!!!

2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini, kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey man, I'm standing right here, you don't have to talk about me like that!! j/k
In all seriousness, I checked out their facebook post, and they have this link listed as proof. I don't call that proof really, but you guys can be the judge

https://www.techgoody.com/self-unlock-available-for-mavic-mini-drone-on-30th-of-december-2019/?fbclid=IwAR39SUPdCczwzYQ5pRp4ENcvgaPrA1cd7z01-R_71b69O4UhQ975EdpYZ-w
2019-12-27
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
United States

Lol no personal attacks from me ;)
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidms Posted at 12-27 10:00
Lol no personal attacks from me ;)

It's all good man, just funning around
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Can't wait...
Was hoping after 5 days really busy, to find today the new FW... Oh well the 30th is down the corner
2019-12-27
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

Don't have any idea about the topic but your avatar is awesome dude
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-27 10:24
Can't wait...
Was hoping after 5 days really busy, to find today the new FW... Oh well the 30th is down the corner

Yes we have been waiting for what seems like an eternity...
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yamyamu Posted at 12-27 17:27
Don't have any idea about the topic but your avatar is awesome dude

Thanks, little mini appreciates that very much!!
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-27 18:30
Yes we have been waiting for what seems like an eternity...

Only two days to go now!
2019-12-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-28 04:39
Only two days to go now!

Yes, we hope so my friend! We hope so!!!
2019-12-28
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-28 04:39
Only two days to go now!

or one or more years, DJI mods never confirm late December this Year. And if they "don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini" two days before release, then late December 2020 is more likely :-D
2019-12-28
Use props
shabalan
lvl.1
United States

I sure hope so, i had this mini for almost 3 weeks and have not flown it once because I can't unlock the geo zone. I wish I never got it.
2019-12-28
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

JHa Posted at 12-28 06:02
or one or more years, DJI mods never confirm late December this Year. And if they "don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini" two days before release, then late December 2020 is more likely :-D

It makes sense, to not release on Dec 30th, my best guess is mid jan around 15th. Hard to believe that they are working hard to fix it during this festive part of the year.
2019-12-28
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

Still nothing and i felt like emailing the support but then i realized its DJI and i will get a copy paste answer... Never ever again DJI... If somebody asks me i will say very strong product but if you have any issues good luck. This makes you question if the product really worth the price? They told everybody late December and now its the 28th.
2019-12-28
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-27 08:59
Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini, kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.

If the super moderator does not know anything, then 30.12 new firmware will not be ....
2019-12-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gebič Posted at 12-28 10:06
If the super moderator does not know anything, then 30.12 new firmware will not be ....

They won’t say anything if they did know, lol. It’s their jobs to keep us in suspense. It could be that they really don’t know because they haven’t been told.
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if techgoody is right or not!!
2019-12-28
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

Very well!

2019-12-28
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-27 09:00
Hey man, I'm standing right here, you don't have to talk about me like that!! j/k
In all seriousness, I checked out their facebook post, and they have this link listed as proof. I don't call that proof really, but you guys can be the judge

sense of humor!!!!  Great!  But, I fear "Updates" like wait for your dentist to read to X-rays!
2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 12-28 13:07
sense of humor!!!!  Great!  But, I fear "Updates" like wait for your dentist to read to X-rays!

Akirasho, I don't have any "insider trading info" but I'm fairly confident that we will see an update on the 30th of December 2019.  

Otherwise the DJI Brand will take another big hit and they don't want that to happen.   

2019-12-28
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 13:28
Akirasho, I don't have any "insider trading info" but I'm fairly confident that we will see an update on the 30th of December 2019.   

Otherwise the DJI Brand will take another big hit and they don't want that to happen.

If it's not going to happen, should we organize worlwide Mavic Mini trashing party That would give some free advertizing to DJI
2019-12-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JHa Posted at 12-28 06:02
or one or more years, DJI mods never confirm late December this Year. And if they "don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini" two days before release, then late December 2020 is more likely :-D

I hope you are wrong! lol
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-28 12:39
They won’t say anything if they did know, lol. It’s their jobs to keep us in suspense. It could be that they really don’t know because they haven’t been told.
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if techgoody is right or not!!

I agree... the latest FW upgrade fixed most gimbal issues and DJI said absolutely nothing to many many customer questions... some even returned their units after the copy paste answers, even though an upcoming FW upgrade could fix it.
2019-12-29
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

I tested Custom Unlock with Mini controller serial and Mavic Air selection. It was rejected by this email. So maybe there really still is some hope.

Dear DJI Users,

Your Custom Unlocking application (Tracking Number: XXXXXXf) has been rejected because of the reason below:

Thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Re-submit your request via the link below:
2019-12-29
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-27 08:59
Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Mini, kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.

Are you sure that you work for DJI? How come you don’t have any information???
2019-12-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-29 03:16

Who says that forum mods and admins actually do work for DJI?? I assume that they do since they claim to pass on information to the correct departments and all.
2019-12-29
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-29 01:48
I hope you are wrong! lol

I have bad luck for products with poor support. I'm waiting more than one year for promised Android update, their support have same responses like DJI support :-)
2019-12-29
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

JHa Posted at 12-29 08:34
I have bad luck for products with poor support. I'm waiting more than one year for promised Android update, their support have same responses like DJI support :-)

Nevadi ze nemozes vzlietnut a natocit to co naozaj chces, kokotko JodyB ti odporuci aby si siel niekam  kde mozes
2019-12-29
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

I came back from the future. still no update
2019-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zemetras, why be a Troll and make a negative statement?  I was always told if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.  We should all be trying to help each other.  No need to bicker back and forth.  Just saying.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 09:05
Zemetras, why be a Troll and make a negative statement?  I was always told if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.  We should all be trying to help each other.  No need to bicker back and forth.  Just saying.

That’s the advice I was given too.
Take a drone out to a place where I have no control, never mind that I never flyen a drone before.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

chileanbyone Posted at 12-29 09:02
I came back from the future. still no update

Thanks for letting us know! lol
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Agree on that, to answer in another language which is super easy to translate anyway, and a completely random answer just to pick on JodyB, which by the way is a helpful and friendly guy, is not necessary.
It still the 29th so I still have some hope.
2019-12-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

I already mentioned it before in another post, I don't want to be depressing, but I don't expect it until next year. I hope I was wrong.
2019-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-29 03:16

doesn't really matter, it is likely he is posting whatever he is told to post.  he may indeed know exactly the facts and he may have information but unfortunately that kind of information cannot be posted here...for various reasons.
2019-12-29
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Chillax guys, DJI said 30. December, basta. It's like kindergarden here sometimes.
2019-12-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

I have nothing against this man, but with our friend JodyB already had a touch, it is better to ignore such childish behaviors and not to enter the game. If this man does not want to participate amicably better it will be to ignore him until he gets bored.
2019-12-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

MikeCH Posted at 12-29 11:33
Chillax guys, DJI said 30. December, basta. It's like kindergarden here sometimes.

I only complain because NO ONE CHANGES MY diaper ... jajajajajaja I liked the "kindergarten".
2019-12-29
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

MikeCH Posted at 12-29 11:33

No, what I know, someone said that DJI said 30th dec.... but here DJI said "we don't know when"
2019-12-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JHa Posted at 12-29 11:42
No, what I know, someone said that DJI said 30th dec.... but here DJI said "we don't know when"

That someone was a company that goes by the name techgoody they have outlets in a lot of social media places. This entire post was only to see who thinks they are right and who thinks they are wrong. Opinions. Nothing more. And it won’t be long before we find out for sure.  
2019-12-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules