Focus Wheel + Focus Motor = NOT WORKING/ SINGLE RED LIGHT
6449 6 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd4887415
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have the Ronin-S with the Focus Wheel.  I have the Focus Motor.  I hook the Wheel to the Motor with the supplied cable, but all I ever get from the Wheel  is the single blinking red light.  I have updated the firmware and then downgraded it and no change.  I switched the Wheel to the opposite side of the handle and no change.  I called Tech Support, but I'm sure many of you longtime DJI users know how that went.   

BUT THERE'S MORE!  

I purchased a second Ronin-S, did all of the same things, and the new unit is also blinking red.  AND THEN THERE'S MORE!  I purchased a second Focus Motor, and I just hooked it up to my 2nd Ronin-S and everything is the same same.  Single Blinking Red Light.  I've tried all of the same tricks.  Nothing has changed.  

I guess I can narrow it down to one of four scenarios:

1.  Both Ronin-S units are faulty.
2.  Both Focus Motors are faulty.
3.  Both connection cables are faulty.  
4.  Any combo of the above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  My next move is to return the 2nd Ronin-S, but I'm here first just in case I missed something simple...
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles with the Focus Motor. Please make sure the 4-pin cable is inserted tightly. If the issue persists, please kindly share us with a short video so that we will escalate to our engineers for further analysis, thank you in advance.
2019-12-31
Use props
fansd4887415
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-31 02:47
Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles with the Focus Motor. Please make sure the 4-pin cable is inserted tightly. If the issue persists, please kindly share us with a short video so that we will escalate to our engineers for further analysis, thank you in advance.

Thank you for your reply Mindy. I tried two different cables in as many different ways as I could envision, including fitting them snugly into the Focus WheelS and Focus motors.  

I’ve returned the 2nd Ronin and  am soon going to decide soon whether I buy a 3rd Ronin, or return the 2nd Focus Motor and try a different brand. I know some guys who use non-DJI gimbles and they seem to be happy.  DJI makes some lovely stuff!!  But I’m a pro and I need pro-level gear.

Just out of curiosity, what do I need to do to interact with your “engineers”?  That sounds like the type of expertise I was hoping to get when I called Tech Support.  
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_lKfcNtAyNCt3
New

United States

Has there been a fix for this? Having the same issue.
2020-8-23
Use props
fansd4887415
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lKfcNtAyNCt3 Posted at 8-23 16:22
Has there been a fix for this? Having the same issue.

I bought a 3rd Ronin-S, it didn’t work at all, so I returned it and the 4th Ronin-S worked nicely.  I also bought a new focus device, however, I never took it out of the box. Maybe i should test it someday. I still have no proof that it actually works at all.
2020-8-27
Use props
FashionShooter
lvl.1
United States

FOCUS NOT WORKING:  I just purchased the Ronin-S and added the Focus Motor.  I got the system to work but NOT the focus motor.  I have to send both back because DJI does not know if the Ronin-S is not sending a signal or the motor is not receiving it....  either way it was a few hours of testing reading and calling to final get instruction on the return.  DJI it seems like this is happening more than a few times according to people blogging in your forum.  Could I suggest recalling the units sold to dealers so customers aren't wasting their time being test dummies for you.  Our time is valuable also.... that being said if the next unit that comes doesn't work I go to another manufacturer.  The guy blogging that returned it 3 times to get one on the 4th try is ridiculous (good on you for your patience).  And so we are clear the unit I did get to work with camera and it works really well.  Hope it works out.  Thanks
2020-9-1
Use props
FashionShooter
lvl.1
United States

FashionShooter Posted at 9-1 12:53
FOCUS NOT WORKING:  I just purchased the Ronin-S and added the Focus Motor.  I got the system to work but NOT the focus motor.  I have to send both back because DJI does not know if the Ronin-S is not sending a signal or the motor is not receiving it....  either way it was a few hours of testing reading and calling to final get instruction on the return.  DJI it seems like this is happening more than a few times according to people blogging in your forum.  Could I suggest recalling the units sold to dealers so customers aren't wasting their time being test dummies for you.  Our time is valuable also.... that being said if the next unit that comes doesn't work I go to another manufacturer.  The guy blogging that returned it 3 times to get one on the 4th try is ridiculous (good on you for your patience).  And so we are clear the unit I did get to work with camera and it works really well.  Hope it works out.  Thanks

Looks like the replacement worked out.  Cannot wait to try out the focus wheel and gear.  
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules