RC Link Disconnected - no RTH
888 9 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wookiee1980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48035 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi All , Today i went for another great flight with MM , All was great till i wanted to check the limits, so i went for 370m Distance and around 95m Alt , suddenly i lost RC , ...i waited for anything to happen ( FailSafe RTH ) ..nothing , i waited to restore connection to RC ..for almost 15-20 seconds nothing was happening , i tried to change my location , move the antenna as i learned towards to flight in different postions , pressing on RTH many times , till suddenly i started to get some response and RC got connected again .. i uploaded the flight on AirData..cant spot what happened it doesnt say much ..just Signal Lost ..
94m Altitude isnt the Mavic Mini limit i guess .. , Please guide me how to take this forward ,

https://app.airdata.com/share/qjfzyo

2019-12-27
Use props
wookiee1980
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Please Note of Pre-Flight Setup i've made :
1 - Update Home Point
2 - Wait for SAT Lock on 12+
3 - RTH Alt setup at 30m
2019-12-27
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

speed_freakz Posted at 12-28 00:11
My flight log is all red, I can bareally make it to the 70m without loosing it. Its so frustrating. I guess I'll invest more money and get SKydio 2, this was my entry drone, but after seeing what that drone dan do, I think for extreme sports and its avoidance capabilities its damn.

[view_image]

Are these your flight logs or the OP’s?   If they are yours, please start your own thread and don’t hijack someone else’s it gets too confusing
2019-12-28
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Probably it was right on the vertical of your stand point, a position where the signal connecting RC to the drone is very weak.

It may have lost connection and initiated an automatic RTH (which is an Auto Landing, as your drone is closer than 20 meters to you).

Augh!
2019-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi wookie,

Guess you lost only the video feed as all the data is written in the log.
Your MM responded to your RTH button press, it went into a RTH mode.

During autolannding it lost 2 times the connection.
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-12-28
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

This is the data from the first post

Strange that the lost of connection does not initiate a RTH, i thought RTH is autumatic after 11 sec of lost connection?
2019-12-28
Use props
wookiee1980
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

JJB* Posted at 12-28 03:11
Hi wookie,

Guess you lost only the video feed as all the data is written in the log.

Thanks alot for the detailed analysis JJB ,  im more concerned on 1m 40s to 2m 19s , during this time i experienced a disconnect RC , yes i lost the feed but i also seen Signal Lost / RC Lost .. and it doesnt show here on logs , .im very surprised as i had my drone completely disconnected at those seconds and i tried to RTH till it responded at 2m 19s .

I will need to verify that again , will take it for another flight and focus more when signal is lost / RC Lost .. , another Question if u see i think i set the RTH to 120m , while the MM went only to 29M ..is that correct ? ..i probably have mis-configured the RTH Alt to 120m ..but im not sure if that is right
2019-12-28
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

fificap Posted at 12-28 03:29
This is the data from the first post
[view_image]

Exactly ..This is my main concern , ..I need help with this 15 sec of complete disconnection
2019-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wookiee1980 Posted at 12-28 03:30
Thanks alot for the detailed analysis JJB ,  im more concerned on 1m 40s to 2m 19s , during this time i experienced a disconnect RC , yes i lost the feed but i also seen Signal Lost / RC Lost .. and it doesnt show here on logs , .im very surprised as i had my drone completely disconnected at those seconds and i tried to RTH till it responded at 2m 19s .

I will need to verify that again , will take it for another flight and focus more when signal is lost / RC Lost .. , another Question if u see i think i set the RTH to 120m , while the MM went only to 29M ..is that correct ? ..i probably have mis-configured the RTH Alt to 120m ..but im not sure if that is right

Hi,

Between 1m40 and 2m19 all data is in the  file, so no disconnect at all.
At 2m7 you selected RTH on your RC, craft into RTH mode.

Don`t know what happend to your device, because when the video feed is lost craft enters a RTH wich it did not.  Problem only on your device with the screen?

So it did not responded at 2m19 but at 2m7 ; your button press on the RC to go into RTH.
Your RTH height setting is set to 30 meters. RTH was initiated when your MM was at a height of 93.2 meters.
So it uses this height to fly back home.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-12-28
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

It seems that this disconnection was at 3ft distance and 170ft altitude, it can be considered at vertical to the home point.

In this situation I see at least two factors of difficulties:
- RTH need a minimum distance of 20 m.
- Vertical flight position to the RC is causing weak signal. I saw a DJI video explaining this here at 1:02
As the antennas of aircraft are in front legs,  the best signal reception area is perpendicular to the legs, the lower reception area is in the axe of the antennas. Same thing for the RC, If the aircraft is at vertical of the RC, the best emission situation is with antennas in horizontal position, the worth situation is with antennas in vertical position.
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules