Who's still flying on 1.02 (v01.00.0200)
12Next >
7143 42 2019-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Hello everyone, I was wondering who's all flying on 1.02 still?

The early videos that are on Youtube before Dec 4th are fw 1.02 or eariler and are the ones showcasing how well the mini does in winds, far distances, and other unmentionable things that people are already doing with their mini's. These videos have caused fly away threads and great discussion on the mini's performance, but I feel like there's and outliarer here that something changed in the 1.03FW that has changed the mini's flying capablites.

Any an all comments are welcome, I would like to know if anyone has experainced a change since upgrading and if anyone has gone back because of said issues.
((1.03 has fixed issues for some, but as a whole I would like to hear from those who have experainced a change only since upgrading to 1.03))

I have more to say but I would like to collect more information before I share my thoughts.

Single SelectVote, Total 55 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-12-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm running .003 and still waiting on .004
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

I'm  .003
2019-12-28
Use props
gruszon188
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30997 ft
Poland

JodyB Posted at 12-28 05:53
I'm running .003 and still waiting on .004

You're not alone.
2019-12-28
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Hi,

I'm using .0300 and will love that future .0400 allows to unlock nfz (and maybe some aditional track mode). Except that, i'm considering that most flyaway are not due to Firmware, but more due to bad understanding of MM limites.
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Running .003, but anxiously awaiting .004
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation that you may need from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, we highly recommend updating the firmware to the latest version to avoid any possible issues and problems. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-28
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Running .003 and flue my mini 1.2 km each way today. Brief red warning around 500m but I just went higher, no probs whatsoever. I don't think it's a tw issue but signal interferences in (especially) urban settings.
Having said that I'd like to see active tracking but I'm not holding my breath!!!
2019-12-28
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I got my MM 2 days ago, I just made a home test and it was incredibly stable and i loved it with prop guards on. I am running .003 and made 4-5 flights in home with prop guards on 1-2 times it just said extra weight detected or something due to the prop guards i guess but it just flown great. I could not have chance to fly it outside since it was very windy and rainy around here. To be honest, i don't feel comfortable to fly it outside with so much problem people are having right now, so I will probably wait for .004 until I will have a flight outside. If the weather turns out to be great, I might have a little short distance flight.
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-28 08:25
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation that you may need from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, we highly recommend updating the firmware to the latest version to avoid any possible issues and problems. Thank you for your support!

we have the latest version but we still have "serious problems"!
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

George GR Posted at 12-28 09:56
we have the latest version but we still have "serious problems"!

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please clarify what is the specific problem you are having right now for us to help you? Thank you for your support!
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-28 10:17
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please clarify what is the specific problem you are having right now for us to help you? Thank you for your support!

s10+ does not work dji fly
2019-12-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Flying at 1.03, but waiting for 1.04
2019-12-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

George GR Posted at 12-28 11:54
s10+ does not work dji fly

How to run DJI Fly on a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus with Android 10 installed. I do not know what exactly helped me, but the sequence of actions will tell.
Maybe one action will help. After each try to start the program without returning the settings gestures etc

1. Try disabling the new gestures and turning on the navigation buttons.
2. Try installing the system's English language.
3. Delete the program, delete the DJI folder if there is one. Overload the smartphone. Download the program from the DJI website.

I experimented for a long time, my sequence is as follows (I do not know what helped)
1. Deleted the program and folder
2. Turned on the navigation bar, turned off gestures
3. Enabled the system's English language
4. Overloaded the phone, waited until everything is fully loaded.
5. Downloaded DJI Fly from the DJI website
6. Established. A little thought during installation, but does not hang. Gave absolutely all permissions and consent to participate in the support program

The program has earned. The panel found, the drone found.

Upd: after restarting the phone, it does not start again.

I went out and returned the Russian language.
The program works.
Returned the gestures
The program works.

I believe that the new gestures do not allow you to make the first launch.
P.S. on the white screen can hang up to 20 seconds. Wait. I had 2 seconds to 15.
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

Alevpi Posted at 12-28 22:36
How to run DJI Fly on a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus with Android 10 installed. I do not know what exactly helped me, but the sequence of actions will tell.
Maybe one action will help. After each try to start the program without returning the settings gestures etc

i've done everything without it working
mavic mini a lot of problems
2019-12-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It must be an adventure having problems with the Mini.  Flying gets boring unless you are flying for a mission.  The whole awe of being in the air wears off.  You guys need to get a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro.
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

there are many people who have been buying mavic mini for a month and still not flying
and the joke is that dji doesn't make an official announcement
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

AntDX316 Posted at 12-28 23:01
It must be an adventure having problems with the Mini.  Flying gets boring unless you are flying for a mission.  The whole awe of being in the air wears off.  You guys need to get a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro.

the problem is that 80% mavic mini is having problems!
and dji is sleeping
dji has lost many customers !!!
2019-12-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 12-28 23:08
the problem is that 80% mavic mini is having problems!
and dji is sleeping
dji has lost many customers !!!

I can vouch for their upper-end drones being very reliable.  I started on the Spark.  If I started on the Mini, I would probably end up quitting completely.
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

AntDX316 Posted at 12-28 23:10
I can vouch for their upper-end drones being very reliable.  I started on the Spark.  If I started on the Mini, I would probably end up quitting completely.

i am thinking of buying mavic 2 pro
i'm skeptical dji
2019-12-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 12-28 23:16
i am thinking of buying mavic 2 pro
i'm skeptical dji

It's worth it but don't trust the OA too much.  Pretend OA doesn't exist but if you fly slow enough (tripod mode) it will definitely work if the lighting isn't super low.

See some of the photos on my website. https://elitecaptures7.com/

Some of it was taken w/ the P4PV2 though but they are nearly the same.

2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

AntDX316 Posted at 12-28 23:18
It's worth it but don't trust the OA too much.  Pretend OA doesn't exist but if you fly slow enough (tripod mode) it will definitely work if the lighting isn't super low.

See some of the photos on my website. https://elitecaptures7.com/

OA what is?
2019-12-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

AntDX316 Posted at 12-28 23:01

I fully agree, DJI Mavic 2 will cause only a sense of reliability and security!
2019-12-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

obstacle avoidance
2019-12-29
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

Hey George GR , where do you get your data that 80% of MM's are having problems? I'm wondering how many MM's DJI has sold? Anyone know that database?

I'm feeling lucky, my MM is working fine from the start. That being said I am a first time drone owner and do not have the high expectations others seem to have that already own other DJI drones.

2019-12-29
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Greece

pnwflier Posted at 12-29 10:43
Hey George GR , where do you get your data that 80% of MM's are having problems? I'm wondering how many MM's DJI has sold? Anyone know that database?

I'm feeling lucky, my MM is working fine from the start. That being said I am a first time drone owner and do not have the high expectations others seem to have that already own other DJI drones.

Hi pnwflier,
if you read the mavic mini forum almost everyone has problems!
2019-12-29
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 12-28 23:57
I fully agree, DJI Mavic 2 will cause only a sense of reliability and security!

Yes the Mavic 2 (and Mavic 1 Pro) to me is the drone that just ****ing works! Mini makes me think twice about flying.
2019-12-29
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Dr0ne_n00b Posted at 12-29 18:58
Yes the Mavic 2 (and Mavic 1 Pro) to me is the drone that just ****ing works! Mini makes me think twice about flying.

I'll sign for every word!
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

pnwflier Posted at 12-29 10:43

Same for me, first drone, low expectations, very happy from start.
The only issue I had with gimbal got fixed in FW 1.0.3.
Waiting patiently for 1.0.4
2019-12-30
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

George GR Posted at 12-29 14:10
Hi pnwflier,
if you read the mavic mini forum almost everyone has problems!

This isn't the best place for statistics like that, for starters this is DJI's forum not a 3rd party RC site so people who are having Issues go to the source. Only a small % outside those who are having issues will be posting here, 90% of the flyers will never see these forums. Retailers like BHPhoto have sold hundred of units, Amazon was sold out, Ebay was sold out everyday except for gougers, there are thousands of mini's and yet only a dozen or so people posting on the forums that have experienced issues.

When you see a forum filled with fly away posts it does look like a serious issue but when you consider how targeted this forum is and how many of those were pilot error it's not as scary as things look and you start to see the bigger picture.

I seem to be the lone goose on the forums, but my stats do show that if scaled up there are still a few of us flying on 1.02. In software development it's a good idea to not be the early adopter as bugs and new issues could crop up, unfortunately for me a lot of people are auto updating and a lot of these posts are all users using 1.03.

I started this thread because I was one of those guy's who watched EVERY video that showed up on youtube, I wanted to know what I was getting into before hand. These early videos showcase things as greater weight support (flying with a gopro attached), strong sea breeze winds, etc. My mini shipped mid Dec with 1.02 preinstalled, I too was worried about gimbal noise and fly away issues from reading the forums. I was one of the lucky ones or my practices have lead to safe landings, I've read since 1.03 that flying with the included prop guards are now to heavy for the mini, trouble in what should be supported wind conditions, esc errors on full stick forward in sport mode, various other little things and the leading being Yaw errors.

I was hoping other users were still on 1.02 and could help test these findings against 1.03 and see what else has changed.
2019-12-30
Use props
Nestor Anthony Manuel
New

Philippines

Geo zone sucks! 0.4
2019-12-31
Use props
fans9f8c5b17
New
Vietnam

I am still unable to use it after upgrading my phone. Is there any way that works
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_hqQpgM7bQF4I
New

Australia

This is really unfortunate and totally unacceptable. DJI has lost a lot of favour now. Even some retailers are refusing to stock the Mini anymore. Too many issues and this latest one with it not working with flagship Samsung phones on the latest OS is just another nail in the coffin for DJI reputation.
2020-1-7
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Just some notes, I updated like a lot of people to 1.04 and have experienced many of the complaints with it and have reverted back to 1.02. Upon flashing back and going full stick forward in sport mode the "not enough force" errors have returned and the drone is way more stable in flight and doesn't drift at all now. Also my upward/downward movement upon stopping is also gone, in sport mode full stick and stopping it just Stops and lowers a little, before it would fly up 3 or so feet before coming down 6 and resuming a hover. Stick movement feels more responsive as well, the biggest change I've noticed is the Video is back to normal. On 1.04 the drone would experience signal loss only a few feet from me and now it's perfect again.

I really wish DJI would put these updates through testing before releasing them.
2020-1-9
Use props
NamDoan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 687877 ft
Vietnam

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-9 05:50
Just some notes, I updated like a lot of people to 1.04 and have experienced many of the complaints with it and have reverted back to 1.02. Upon flashing back and going full stick forward in sport mode the "not enough force" errors have returned and the drone is way more stable in flight and doesn't drift at all now. Also my upward/downward movement upon stopping is also gone, in sport mode full stick and stopping it just Stops and lowers a little, before it would fly up 3 or so feet before coming down 6 and resuming a hover. Stick movement feels more responsive as well, the biggest change I've noticed is the Video is back to normal. On 1.04 the drone would experience signal loss only a few feet from me and now it's perfect again.

I really wish DJI would put these updates through testing before releasing them.

I wish DJI fix problem.
2020-1-13
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I'm still on 1.03, will skip 1.04
2020-1-13
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350331 ft
Italy

Just to tell all that at today half jenuary 2020, DJI FLY still NOT works with my Samsung Note 10 with Android 10.
DJI Support said they are working on it since dec 2019. I tried everything, rolling back from 1.02 to 1.03 and, of course, 1.04 doesn't work.
The app doesn't start at all and this is really UNACCEPTABLE in the true sense of the word.
Too much time for a really important fix.
Totally unhappy and sure, angry in addition to be DISGUSTED!
BLEAH!
2020-1-15
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Akrasky Posted at 1-15 01:09
Just to tell all that at today half jenuary 2020, DJI FLY still NOT works with my Samsung Note 10 with Android 10.
DJI Support said they are working on it since dec 2019. I tried everything, rolling back from 1.02 to 1.03 and, of course, 1.04 doesn't work.
The app doesn't start at all and this is really UNACCEPTABLE in the true sense of the word.

i would Try a clean Uninstall  of app mate
2020-1-15
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350331 ft
Italy

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 1-15 01:26
i would Try a clean Uninstall  of app mate

I already tried: total uninstalled, auto cleaned the device + manual cleaning searching about ANY dji folder releated to the app.
Restarted the phone (also tried shutting down the phone to avoid the possibility of sort of cache optimization in "reboot" mode) with no results for each version tried.
I did the hard cleaning procedure everytime I tried with a different version. NO WAY
2020-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules