Help! Mavic Mini or Hubson Zino 2 / Pro??
3407 11 2019-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hiya guys, i'm new to drones, having only flown sub £100 "toy" units. I'm interested in both the Mavic Mini and Air, although the Air may be too expensive, I like the 4k, manual camera and white balance options. It also has the follow me and tracking advantages over the mini.

Now if the Mini maybe had a white balance lock or selection option, coupled with a follow me that would be a game changer, even 4k 40 bit would be a nice firmware update. I guess this is posible as the "quick modes" indicate the drone has this technology already?

I wonder with the threat from the Hubson Zino 2 and Pro, both with a similar feature set to the Mavic Air, if the Mini would be more likely to get these updates? The Air would still be a better drone, with better video quality, and a more flexible camera, but the Mini would better compete with the new competition.

So, over to you forum people and DJI people, I'm about to buy a drone, why should I choose the Mavic Mini  over the Hubsan offerings? If the Mini were to receive updates as i've suggested, then i'd definately buy it without question. But as it stands, both Hubsan and Mavic entry level drones are around the £400 here in the UK.

(I did post this origionlly in the regional section, by mistake, but cant delete the post, so i'm posting here again.)
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Natastrophe. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valuied DJI co pilots from there insights with regards to this matter. In addition both the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Mavic Air are great consumer drones created by DJI. I will be posting a link where in you can compare the overview and the specifications of the said drones and other DJI drones. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-12-28
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I Dont think you'd be disappointed with either . They both have the same camera . Air has sensors . The Mini has a ton of flight time. Air 4K . Mini 2.7K .  
2019-12-28
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Roy Rogers Posted at 12-28 17:01
I Dont think you'd be disappointed with either . They both have the same camera . Air has sensors . The Mini has a ton of flight time. Air 4K . Mini 2.7K .

The Mini is the more likely buy, but i'd like to think it would get some firmware updates for tracking and manual camera mode. For a £400 drone i'd kinda expect this!!
2019-12-28
Use props
FernandoSedrez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23993 ft
Brazil

Natastrophe Posted at 12-28 17:32
The Mini is the more likely buy, but i'd like to think it would get some firmware updates for tracking and manual camera mode. For a £400 drone i'd kinda expect this!!

We're all waiting fur a huge firmware update, including a lot of software improvements... I'd like to recommend MM but actually many owners are frustrated by so many bugs on this dji fly application...
2019-12-28
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

FernandoSedrez Posted at 12-28 17:41
We're all waiting fur a huge firmware update, including a lot of software improvements... I'd like to recommend MM but actually many owners are frustrated by so many bugs on this dji fly application...

If you move away quickly while doing the Quick shot, circle  MM Does follow you . So that tell me it does have active track just not activated yet
2019-12-28
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Came across this video https://youtu.be/jNgGmZl66yU  It seems to show manual shutter settings plus manual ISO too?? Granted this in stills mode?
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Natastrophe Posted at 12-28 17:32

I am not sure DJI will make those upgrades to the Mini.
I'm not holding my breath as DJI has always stated the MM is a beginners drone

They could make the camera mode changes but the MM already has manual iso, shutter speed, exposure compensation and AE lock.
As your video shows you can do manual AEB with the MM, but it is a bit messy and time consuming while the scene changes aroudn you.

For the photographer the Mavic Air has these camera functions as well, Full 4k,  RAW, AEB, HDR and other quickshots like sphere etc. I see the RAW AEB as the best feature

Anyway Active Track does not work that well and often looses the subject because it is an optical solution. Follow me works better but that is GPS based and not available on the Mavic Air
2019-12-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The Russians have a proverb: "to Promise does not mean to actually do it!"
2019-12-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I just had a look at the hubsan zino pro. But, due to flight time, I decided to stay with the MM for the time being. Getting used to this little thing, my first ever drone!! And I have no problems with it, only my own inadequacies
2019-12-29
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-29 00:39
I just had a look at the hubsan zino pro. But, due to flight time, I decided to stay with the MM for the time being. Getting used to this little thing, my first ever drone!! And I have no problems with it, only my own inadequacies

The mini does have great flight time, but there are so many more features on the Husban drones, i'm hoping that DJI respond with a good firmware update for the mini...
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Natastrophe Posted at 12-29 02:23
The mini does have great flight time, but there are so many more features on the Husban drones, i'm hoping that DJI respond with a good firmware update for the mini...

The Zino Pro looks good, definitely better high wind performance than the Mini, a bit more like the Mavic Pro [without obstacle avoidance] in flight performance due to the larger size.
And from what I 've seen on youtube, a excellent images and video quality for a similiar price.
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules