Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Everyone,

I had a scary moment where my Mavic Mini dropped out of the air and skipped off the ground with a "max power load reached" error. Luckily, it recovered. A little research showed other users complaining of a similar issue. I did some testing and found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully this will be helpful to some others too. Cheers!
As a side note this error also shows up as code 30168 or in the flight logs as Not Enough Force / ESC Error.

2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Steve. Thank you for creating this video for the DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing these information with us. Thank you for your valued support and have a great New Year ahead. .
2019-12-29
Use props
notbuyinguntilfixed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Stephen, what do you think of the video and comments - are they on the right track? I want to buy one but simply can't afford to lose the money or live with the possible danger to someone if it decides to ditch.
2019-12-29
Use props
fans4e1b24db
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5018947 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

notbuyinguntilfixed Posted at 12-29 17:14
Hi DJI Stephen, what do you think of the video and comments - are they on the right track? I want to buy one but simply can't afford to lose the money or live with the possible danger to someone if it decides to ditch.

We met same troubles in Vietnam too. It is crazy product
FB_IMG_1577613222284.jpg
2019-12-29
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans4e1b24db Posted at 12-29 20:06
We met same troubles in Vietnam too. It is crazy product

I would definitely try changing the props if you have a new, spare pair. It worked for me and many others have commented on the video that it worked for them. Good luck!
2019-12-30
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 10:11
Hello and good day Steve. Thank you for creating this video for the DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing these information with us. Thank you for your valued support and have a great New Year ahead.  .

Thank you. Always appreciate you guys!
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 12-30 14:55

You are very much welcome Steve. We appreciate you to. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

SCoutts Posted at 12-30 14:55

Thanks for posting your video here Steve!
2019-12-30
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

The Watchman News Posted at 12-30 15:32
Thanks for posting your video here Steve!

You bet! Hope it's helpful.
2019-12-31
Use props
Hans Goossens
New

Belgium

Thank you for the video. I had a crash yesterday after the error message appeared. I could recover the Mini undamaged. I changed the props now and hope this is a fix.
2020-2-15
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Hans Goossens Posted at 2-15 01:04
Thank you for the video. I had a crash yesterday after the error message appeared. I could recover the Mini undamaged. I changed the props now and hope this is a fix.

Thanks for watching! I hope the propeller change fixes the issue. I have had plenty of folks comment on the video that it has worked for them. Good luck!
2020-2-16
Use props
shortsleeves
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for this post. This happened to me today and it's why how I found this forum. I'll check and see if I have extras or run to drone nerds and grab some more. I appreciate this. Luckily I was able to catch mine.
2020-2-19
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I've not had this issue but then again, I swapped props on like my 3rd flight. (because I gently kissed a wall on my second flight)

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cal Evans Posted at 2-19 11:36
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I've not had this issue but then again, I swapped props on like my 3rd flight. (because I gently kissed a wall on my second flight)

Haha! I like that - "gently kissed a wall". Cheers!
2020-2-28
Use props
fredrodrigues
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

Same problem here! Logging 3.14 miles/ 2.68h / 60 flights all outdoors w/o prop guard. Will try swapping the propels.
2020-3-10
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

replaced the props on mine seemed to fix the issue.
2020-3-10
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

chileanbyone Posted at 3-10 09:41
replaced the props on mine seemed to fix the issue.

Cool. Replacing the props seems to fix the issue for many folks. Happy flying!
2020-3-10
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any thoughts as to why the changing the props provides a fix ??  Obviously, there is no visual damage to the removed props so are they deformed/distorted compared to the new ones ??
I don't have a MM yet so I don't know if the props are already installed when the drone is new. If they are installed from new - could they be deforming within the packaging ??

All good interesting stuff - many thanks forsaking the time in  sharing your results
2020-3-10
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Dji should send every Mini owner at least a full set of new props if this is the solution.
2020-3-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JeyTea Posted at 3-11 01:07
Dji should send every Mini owner at least a full set of new props if this is the solution.

I agree but I am not going to hold my breath on that one. Cheers! :-)
2020-3-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Gelert Posted at 3-10 23:40
Any thoughts as to why the changing the props provides a fix ??  Obviously, there is no visual damage to the removed props so are they deformed/distorted compared to the new ones ??
I don't have a MM yet so I don't know if the props are already installed when the drone is new. If they are installed from new - could they be deforming within the packaging ??

The props were defective right out of the box. Nothing visually that I could detect but even a slight variation in pitch could make all the difference. My guess that it was something that impacted a handful of early Mini owners (manufacturing defect?) but it was sorted out reasonably quick. I don't know for sure though, just speculating.

The Mini's props come factory installed.

When I went back through my flight logs, I had ESC error/not enough force errors from the very beginning. It got worse over time culminating in the skip off the ground. This could have been due to wear and tear over the weeks I used them.

Since changing my props I have not had a single issue. I experimented briefly with third party props but now I only use DJI OEM. All subsequent props have been flawless.

If anything it reinforces the need to inspect your props often and replace as required. Thanks for watching.
2020-3-11
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 3-11 06:25
The props were defective right out of the box. Nothing visually that I could detect but even a slight variation in pitch could make all the difference. My guess that it was something that impacted a handful of early Mini owners (manufacturing defect?) but it was sorted out reasonably quick. I don't know for sure though, just speculating.

The Mini's props come factory installed.

Many thanks for the info.
I've now watched a number of MM unboxing videos and have noticed 2 points that may be relevant.

1. The props are already installed as you say but they are taped together. Could this taping together be the cause of a change of pitch on the props ??

2. The packing of the "drone only" package doesn't appear to be that sturdy and looks as if a number of boxes were stacked on top of each other it could result in deformation of the props. Was your MM a drone only pack or the combo pack ??? (The combo pack appears to be better packed and offers better protection to the props)

Just interested to know
2020-3-11
Use props
m0bius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85121 ft
United States

Gelert Posted at 3-11 09:12
I've now watched a number of MM unboxing videos and have noticed 2 points that may be relevant.

I'm glad you mention the taped propellers.  I was surprised mine didn't get damaged when unboxing my mini.  That tape was STUCK on, and removing it definitely bent the plastic.  Luckily once the tape was off, the props appeared normal and I haven't yet had any issues while flying.  But DJI definitely could have used a better method for keeping new props in place.
2020-3-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Gelert Posted at 3-11 09:12

If there was a packaging issue or manufacturing defect, it was very likely quietly fixed and DJI moved on. So there is little chance that we will ever know the root cause.

My Mini was a Fly More Combo. Cheers!

2020-3-12
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 3-12 07:08
If there was a packaging issue or manufacturing defect, it was very likely quietly fixed and DJI moved on. So there is little chance that we will ever know the root cause.

My Mini was a Fly More Combo. Cheers!

2020-3-12
Use props
DroneWiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1016857 ft

United States

I was having the exact same issue with mine and replacing the blades worked wonders. No more errors and it even seems to fly more stable and take off straighter. I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect or not but I bought my Mini used so there were some dings in the blades. After replacing them it's like I have a whole new drone! :-)
2020-3-17
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very good information. Thanks for the video.
2020-3-17
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

BigBird-2 Posted at 3-17 15:51
Very good information. Thanks for the video.

Glad it was useful. Thanks for watching!
2020-3-20
Use props
LYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1883005 ft
Romania

DroneWiz Posted at 3-17 14:26
I was having the exact same issue with mine and replacing the blades worked wonders. No more errors and it even seems to fly more stable and take off straighter. I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect or not but I bought my Mini used so there were some dings in the blades. After replacing them it's like I have a whole new drone! :-)

Same thing over here. Had the drone for 2 weeks now and it was great, no crashes, not even a small scrape then, all of a sudden, yesterday I started getting a lot of Max power load reached errors.

When descending, sometimes the drone would fall a good couple of meters even if I let go of the controls, then it would recover and climb back up. This happened a couple of times. Also it was noisier and slower. One time, mid-flight, it banked abruptly to one side (you can even see it on the video, I thought something had hit it - scared me for a moment) even if there was no noticeable wind.

Today I decided to replace all 8 props after seeing others having this problem and the issue is 100% gone - now the drone flies smoother, quieter, takes off straight up (before it was slightly pulling to the sides), no more max power reached errors.

The only question remains: WHAT HAPPENED to the original set of props? Again, no crash, no scrape, no nothing. Only thing I could think of is that they got somehow crushed in the carrying case (?), but visually they looked intact. During replacement one set of front props seemed to be less tightly screwed than the rest of 3, but nothing major.

@DJI - any info on this? Why has this happened? Is the drone so sensible or was it a manufacturing defect? I'm starting to lose my confidence flying it ...
2020-3-29
Use props
LYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1883005 ft
Romania

Update: the problem re-appeared after exactly the same time (roughly 3h of flight) as the initial set of props.

@DJI - What am I to do with this drone? I can't be replacing props every 2 weeks!
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_X4rXCZXsvxzg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4110699 ft
Slovenia

On a short flight yesterday, I, for the first time noticed "Max power reached" message appear twice, both times just for a short moment. Immediatley landed and went checking flight log (uploaded on PhantomHelp) but error isn't noticed in it. Is that normal?

Today I tried to do short flight again, almost no wind at all, didn't notice any warnings nor any strange behavior of Mini. Is it possible that warning appeared due to, some gusts of wind, despite they didn't seem to be strong yesterday?

Have flown my Mini for 4,5 hours in total, being cautious with props while storing and manipulating with drone. Just in case will be replacing the props, as this seems to be the easiest solution to try right now.
2020-4-12
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_X4rXCZXsvxzg Posted at 4-12 01:12
On a short flight yesterday, I, for the first time noticed "Max power reached" message appear twice, both times just for a short moment. Immediatley landed and went checking flight log (uploaded on PhantomHelp) but error isn't noticed in it. Is that normal?

Today I tried to do short flight again, almost no wind at all, didn't notice any warnings nor any strange behavior of Mini. Is it possible that warning appeared due to, some gusts of wind, despite they didn't seem to be strong yesterday?

I think it's great you're being cautious. Better that than losing or destroying your Mini.

After I had the skip off the ground, I looked back at the every single flight log from the beginning and noticed that I had experienced the error many times since the very first flight. I believe almost all of my flights, until I changed the props, had at least one or more instances of the "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" message.

I believe it is possible to get the error under stressful conditions, like high wind or high load and it not be propeller related.

Propeller issues can also be noticeable with simple things like your Mini not taking off straight up. If on launch you find it goes forwards, backwards or to one side or the other, it is likely indicating faulty props.

Good luck!
2020-4-12
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

On a short flight yesterday, I, for the first time noticed "Max power reached" message appear twice, both times just for a short moment. Immediatley landed and went checking flight log (uploaded on PhantomHelp) but error isn't noticed in it. Is that normal?

I think it's great you're being cautious. Better that than losing or destroying your Mini.

After I had the skip off the ground, I looked back at the every single flight log from the beginning and noticed that I had experienced the error many times since the very first flight. I believe almost all of my flights, until I changed the props, had at least one or more instances of the "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" message.

I believe it is possible to get the error under stressful conditions, like high wind or high load and it not be propeller related.

Propeller issues can also be noticeable with simple things like your Mini not taking off straight up. If on launch you find it goes forwards, backwards or to one side or the other, it is likely indicating faulty props.

Good luck!
2020-4-12
Use props
gigiogigi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20194 ft
Switzerland

Hello people, I just got my Mini down from a chestnut (I had mounted the propellers protections).
I already got the "Max power reached" error many times but always in windy conditions, this was the first time I got that message and no way to control the descent. Maybe knowing the problem I would have tried to skip the tree, but there was no wind and I was really shocked. And it's my first drone.
Now I'm going to change all the propellers and modify the box to avoid to stress them when I store the drone in. And buy another propeller set, as in the combo there are just 6 pairs.
2020-4-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is another thread that talks about the case....... When you place the AC in the case the rear props are on the step that's in the bottom.....this is flattening the rear props.

Over time this seems to be the cause/part of the cause.

These are NOT composite or glass filled nylon props.....they are plastic....just plain plastic.....any pressure at all over time....and warpage is what will happen.

Randy
2020-4-21
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Wow, this is an excellent thread. I haven't had this issue but I have read about it and the OP's analysis seems very plausible. Is there a certain frequency of times that the error message has to occur during flight before the firmware goes bonkers? Anyways, this thread would explain why some users experience this, while others not.
2020-4-21
Use props
MDSABIH
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

I have Mavic Mini since two days and I have experienced Max Power Load Reached issue. No crash but I barely managed to take control over Mavic Mini and landed to home point.

point.  %5Burl=https://ibb.co/LZHQ7hF%5D[/url][/img]
2020-4-22
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Were you by chance using the infamous propeller guards !?

I think DJI made more harm than good to include them in the Fly More without a big box notice or even to include them at all.

That cage should be used only indoors and outdoors only at (almost) an arm's reach and with absolutely ZERO wind.
2020-4-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 4-21 16:11
There is another thread that talks about the case....... When you place the AC in the case the rear props are on the step that's in the bottom.....this is flattening the rear props.

Over time this seems to be the cause/part of the cause.

Wondering if pressure on blades during flight further deform blades?  

Initially blades are slightly deformed, but still good enough to fly.
After blades have been flying for a while, the stress on blades is enough to further deform blades to cause flight problems.  
2020-4-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Phantomhelp was not originally flagging Mavic Mini's ESC messages, whereas AirData was.

You could look for error manually by checking Column Labeled "OSD.isNotEnoughForce" or 46th Field entry of verbose CSV file for flag of "True".
You can automate search using a Formula in Excel by adding column A starting 2nd line =IF(AU2,"ESC ERROR",""), then copy / filling rest of lines.  3rd line would have =IF(AU3,"ESC ERROR",""), 4th line =IF(AU4,"ESC ERROR",""), etc.
Easily done if you have experience with "awk".
2020-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules