Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 4-21 16:11
There is another thread that talks about the case....... When you place the AC in the case the rear props are on the step that's in the bottom.....this is flattening the rear props.

Over time this seems to be the cause/part of the cause.

I got mini day 1, it’s in the box since, props are as they were when I bought it, would you think my plastic is  somehow different than other plastic used in other mini props, and if props are bad how come they never ever fail to take off and fly great distance and height before sometime in the flight craft voluntary descends.
Again another question how come it happens with very new craft old craft craft that is not stored in the box ?
I think they’re to many old wives tales going around but props deciding to flatten out at will for no good reason is completely daft.
2020-4-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I agree 100%
2020-4-23
Use props
gigiogigi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20194 ft
Switzerland

Daily update: flow quite an hour after having changed the propellers, always with the cage, mainly with wind. No issue. Definetly IMVHO it is a bag related problem, in fact I read the sticker illustrating how to put the drone in the bag (the propeller position) and, well, it is not the way I did before...

It seems also that the with the new firmware there is a "propeller check"  (I read something on an italian site).
2020-4-26
Use props
AcaPixus
New
Flight distance : 12927 ft
Denmark

Hi
Flying for a long while with no problems, this problem occurred to me on the last flight. No visible damage to any of my props.

The last flight was in rather cold conditions (-5 °C), so my first conclusion was that it was caused by the cold?
Could it be the cold that deforms the props resulting in less up lift?

Also this video suggests the cold has an impact on battery performance below the reccomended temperature window of 0-40 °C
https://www.airphotography.ca/flying-the-dji-mavic-mini-in-winter-and-cold-temperatures-tips-tricks/

Rgds/Kjeld
2021-2-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I have only one thought. Was the Mini kept in the fly more case. If if it was stored in the case was the blades in the right position. You have all the characteristics of a blade being stored wrong and was better. I would take a scale and weigh each one of them as a matched pair of ... keeping damn supper from the opposite blades the main reason to not mix them is probably because of weight. They most likely have to balance out across from themselves.
2021-2-9
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AcaPixus Posted at 2-9 08:59
Hi
Flying for a long while with no problems, this problem occurred to me on the last flight. No visible damage to any of my props.

My Mini had the error messages day one, right out of the box, which of course means the propellers were brand new. I didn't even know there was a problem until it skipped off the ground and I started looking in the log files.

Since changing my props I have never had a reoccurrence, even in temperatures well under -10ºC. I would suggest looking in the log files and if you see the errors, just change all the props. $15 and hopefully the problem is gone.

Batteries definitely can drop off quicker in the cold but that was not the cause of my issue.
2021-2-9
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-9 16:06
I have only one thought. Was the Mini kept in the fly more case. If if it was stored in the case was the blades in the right position. You have all the characteristics of a blade being stored wrong and was better. I would take a scale and weigh each one of them as a matched pair of ... keeping damn supper from the opposite blades the main reason to not mix them is probably because of weight. They most likely have to balance out across from themselves.

My Mini had the issue right from day one, right out of the box. I didn't realize it until several flights later after it skipped off the ground and I started pouring over the flight records.

I typically don't store my Mini in it's case. It's usually in the prop holder with the props tucked in. The prop holder squeezes the props down pretty good but I have not once had another error since changing out the original props for new ones.

Lots of folks have speculated about the case being the root cause of the issue. That isn't really consistent with my findings.

The Mini 2 has more powerful motors and stiffer props. The V1 to V2 design change makes me wonder if the Mini 1 was a touch underpowered and its more flexible props were susceptible to damage resulting in it not being able to produce enough lift under certain conditions. Who know?

All I know is the prop change worked for me and it's been smooth flying (knock on wood) ever since. Cheers!
2021-2-9
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Thanks for your experience Steve... you make interesting vids

In hindsight the MM is a little bit underpowered, but that was certainly exacerbated by improper handling (storage) and props that are rather flexible. I am sure many of us never experience any problem... mine has always been flawless even going against strong winds (when the speed was greatly reduced) I didn't get Not Enough Force errors.
2021-2-9
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

m80116 Posted at 2-9 17:09
Thanks for your experience Steve... you make interesting vids

In hindsight the MM is a little bit underpowered, but that was certainly exacerbated by improper handling (storage) and props that are rather flexible. I am sure many of us never experience any problem... mine has always been flawless even going against strong winds (when the speed was greatly reduced) I didn't get Not Enough Force errors.

Thank you. Yeah, I think it's a combination of the Mini being underpowered (probably the biggest contributing factor) and the propellers being thin, flexible and perhaps more susceptible to damage.

After figuring out the issue and replacing all 8 original propellers the problem has never returned. :-)
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules