4205 34 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello everyone, for a few days I am talking on Telegram with several people that suddenly the dji fly app has stopped working, the application closes within a few seconds, they do not get to see the button to connect aircraft, they had flown before in other locations without problems, but all of them have had the same problem when trying to fly in the same region, in the Pyrenees. All phones that have given problems are Android, Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi Mi 6, Realme X2 Pro, Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Huawei P20 Lite, all with Android 9. Does anyone have any explanation? DJi guys do you have any beta to try it?
2019-12-29
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

I have the same problem, dji sleeping upright and loses many customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-12-29
Use props
fans179cd4da
New
Flight distance : 38225 ft

Italy

This problem is happening, in the area of ​​the Pirineos in Spain, the DJIFLY application closes and does not let anything, I do not know if someone else in other parts of the world or other countries have the same problem.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209810 ft
Spain

My dji fly apk closes when you open it on android, I have tried on several phone models and it happens on all, it is impossible to fly the mavic mini.
2019-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye Posted at 12-29 05:02
My dji fly apk closes when you open it on android, I have tried on several phone models and it happens on all, it is impossible to fly the mavic mini.

Make sure the phone you are using is 64bit.  32bit phone don't work.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day cegio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Let me please forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation of the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 08:36
Hello and good day cegio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Let me please forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation of the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.

Thanks for your quick response. Please can you or another mod comment on one of the geo zones unlocking threads and give us real info on what dji is doing?
THANKS
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye
lvl.1
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 08:01
Make sure the phone you are using is 64bit.  32bit phone don't work.

It used to work for me.
It is absurd that in old smartphones the apk cannot be installed and in new ones it does not work because it is 64bit.
That limits the future of this drone
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye
lvl.1
Spain

Thank you. We wait for a solution
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye
lvl.1
Spain

2019-12-29
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI unfortunately do not and have never had the ability to keep up with Android phones.  Over the years gone by if you didn't have an Apple device then you basically didn't have much luck with most of the drones.  It's still the same now, this is nothing new I am sorry to say.  Good luck with all your issues.  I too fly Android still.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

This is sad... Firstly I was gonna say since the pirenees are a natural border with France, maybe is a NFZ but I may be wrong.
Santa brought me a brand new tablet, and guess what... useless with the mini... This for sure will put off some users that do not want or need a new apple phone.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-29 09:05
Thanks for your quick response. Please can you or another mod comment on one of the geo zones unlocking threads and give us real info on what dji is doing?
THANKS

You are very much welcome. As of the moment, DJI will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-29
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Ok thanks, we will wait for your answer
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye Posted at 12-29 09:15

You are very much welcome and thank you for your understanding. Have a safe and a happy flying always.   .
2019-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HomePoint Posted at 12-29 09:20
DJI unfortunately do not and have never had the ability to keep up with Android phones.  Over the years gone by if you didn't have an Apple device then you basically didn't have much luck with most of the drones.  It's still the same now, this is nothing new I am sorry to say.  Good luck with all your issues.  I too fly Android still.

Over the years gone by if you didn't have an Apple device then you basically didn't have much luck with most of the drones.
Despite this being repeated often in this forum, it's just not true.
There are plenty of Android devices that run the app at least as well as any Apple device.
2019-12-29
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye Posted at 12-29 09:14
It used to work for me.
It is absurd that in old smartphones the apk cannot be installed and in new ones it does not work because it is 64bit.
That limits the future of this drone

My phone is galaxy note 9 and it has android 9. The DJI FLY app is not working on android 10 but DJI will fix this with the next firmware among other things
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_iQX4FMM7a2Ye
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 14:18
You are very much welcome. As of the moment, DJI will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.
We wait for the update.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Please DJI Stephen confirm what late December means. 2020?
2019-12-30
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-29 16:09
Over the years gone by if you didn't have an Apple device then you basically didn't have much luck with most of the drones.
Despite this being repeated often in this forum, it's just not true.
There are plenty of Android devices that run the app at least as well as any Apple device.

I agree and my OnePlus 6T runs perfectly, but the Android app issue has always been present (2-3 years), I had it myself with the original Mavic on day one when it was new and I was flying with a OnePlus 3 and app crashed constantly.  I had to move to iPhone and it was perfect.
2019-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HomePoint Posted at 12-30 05:55
I agree and my OnePlus 6T runs perfectly, but the Android app issue has always been present (2-3 years), I had it myself with the original Mavic on day one when it was new and I was flying with a OnePlus 3 and app crashed constantly.  I had to move to iPhone and it was perfect.

So one underperforming Android phone means Android doesn't run the app properly?
What about all the Android devices that do?
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

How late December are we going to wait for the fw?
30/12/19
2019-12-30
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-30 06:49
So one underperforming Android phone means Android doesn't run the app properly?
What about all the Android devices that do?

It wasn't one.  i was there, I was heavily on the forums reading, I was a new flyer with a new product launch.  End of.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cegio Posted at 12-29 14:44
Ok thanks, we will wait for your answer

You are very much welcome cegio. Rest assured that once I have there feedback I will be sending you a notification. Again thank you for your understanding and Happy New Year.
2019-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HomePoint Posted at 12-30 08:53
It wasn't one.  i was there, I was heavily on the forums reading, I was a new flyer with a new product launch.  End of.

Perhaps you could rephrase that so it makes sense?
2019-12-30
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-30 14:39
Perhaps you could rephrase that so it makes sense?

You said:  "So one underperforming Android phone means Android doesn't run the app properly"
I said: "It wasn't one.  I was there, I was on the forums reading, I was a new flyer with a new product launch"

Basically, you were arguing that Android have not always been the poor relations to DJI, how you can back this up I have no idea.  You were saying it was just one Android device, which is pathetic comment to make.  I was saying, It wasn't one device, I was there in the early days on the forums, with Mavic pro launch and we all had issues on android.  It has always been the same.  Similarly, just so happens that today IOS gets an update for Mavic Mini, but not Android.  When Android update comes there will be more issues as DJI cannot keep up with Android as is how I started this conversation (post #12).
2019-12-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HomePoint Posted at 12-31 02:27
You said:  "So one underperforming Android phone means Android doesn't run the app properly"
I said: "It wasn't one.  I was there, I was on the forums reading, I was a new flyer with a new product launch"
You were saying it was just one Android device, which is pathetic comment to make.  I was saying, It wasn't one device.
Since you missed it completely, I'll clarify.
I suggested that you were making your determination on the basis of the poor performance of just your device?
I put a question mark because it was a question.

I was there in the early days on the forums, with Mavic pro launch and we all had issues on android.  It has always been the same.  
What's always been the same is that people like you, ignorant of the facts continue to push this myth.
But the facts are that there have always been Android devices that run the DJI app at least as well as any Apple device.
Back with the Mavic pro launch, I was flying with the Nvidia Shiield and it was great.
Nowdays with the DJI Go4 app being more demanding, you can't run it properly on ond Apple devices that used to run the old app.
I don't fly the Shield either and have updated to more modern Android tablets that run the app flawlessly.
I haven't had any glitch at all in three years of using them.
Don't tell me that Apple runs the app better, because it's not at all true, no matter how many times peopel like you keep chanting your myth.

Similarly, just so happens that today IOS gets an update for Mavic Mini, but not Android.  When Android update comes there will be more issues as DJI cannot keep up with Android as is how I started this conversation (post #12).
And that's not true either.

The app runs equally well regardless of the operating system you use.
What's important is that your device has a fast enough processor, enough RAM and is properly configured.
And that goes for whatever flavour you use.

2019-12-31
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-30 10:16
You are very much welcome cegio. Rest assured that once I have there feedback I will be sending you a notification. Again thank you for your understanding and Happy New Year.

I can confirm that the new application with the new firmware works perfectly in the region where the previous firmware and application failed.
Thanks
2020-1-4
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-29 08:36

Don't hold your breath for any service. Nobody else has had any.
2020-1-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cegio Posted at 1-4 16:06
I can confirm that the new application with the new firmware works perfectly in the region where the previous firmware and application failed.
Thanks

It probably had nothing to do with firmware.
The issue you described seemed like a misunderstanding as there's nothing about the app that should be any different from one place to another.
2020-1-4
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 1-4 18:01
It probably had nothing to do with firmware.
The issue you described seemed like a misunderstanding as there's nothing about the app that should be any different from one place to another.

The same problem with 5 differents persons and 8 android differents phones in the same región...
The last firmware fix abnormal link in some regions, so yes, I think that the last firmware fix It....
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cegio Posted at 1-4 16:06
Thanks

Thank you for sharing this information with us cegio. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cegio Posted at 1-5 06:38
The same problem with 5 differents persons and 8 android differents phones in the same región...
The last firmware fix abnormal link in some regions, so yes, I think that the last firmware fix It....

Except that there's nothing at all in the app that is affected by where you fly.
2020-1-5
Use props
ismaeSuper
New

Spain

Someone with the realme x2 has been able to download the dji fly application for the mini mavic?
2020-3-21
Use props
djiuser_737HcfC4yvb0
New

Italy

Hi. I have realme 3 pro, is compatible with dji fly app? Thanks
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules