Mavic Mini - Multiple error messages during initial setup
26516 32 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurora flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42910 ft
Colombia

We have recently purchased a Mavic Mini for my father in law as a gift. Upon initial setup the drone shows multiple error messages. We tried to update the firmware to the latest version v01.00.0300 three times (both thorugh the app and the DJI assistant on PC), but the issue persists. There is no physical damage to the drone, and everything looked as new when the drone was unboxed. In short, some of the error codes are: 10001, 180016, 180031, 180030, 40021, 30238, 30008.
No flight logs are available as this happened during initial setup. Dont know if it is intentional but sometimes the camera on the drone just "wobbles"  around rapidly and uncotrollably. We have so far not received any feed from the camera.
We have tried to connect the drone through both iPhone and Android with the same issue. Tried recalibrating the IMU and compass, but as there is so many other error messages I dont really see the point. For me this appears to be a severe software issue, but since the software update didn´t work, I am sort of lost on how to proceed.

I have seen on the forum that there are people with similar issues, but I haven´t seen any way to fix it.

Does anyone have an advice on how to resolve the issues?

IMG_2336.png
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you complete the firmware refresh/ upgrade using DJI Assistant 2 or was there a problem with this process ?

Did you try downgrading the firmware to 0.200 , can't remember if this is possible

With that many errors it looks like a warranty claim.

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aurora flyer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Since this errors are showing on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Those seem like way too many errors.
Try using DJI Assistant 2 to update RC by itself and Drone by itself, IMU and compass would be good to calibrate anyway since they are not related to camera and downwards sensors.
Really wish you can get it sorted soon, is an awesome little drone.
2019-12-29
Use props
Aurora flyer
lvl.1
Colombia

I have updated the drone software using the DJI Assistant 2 on PC, but this did not help with the issue. It says the RV has the latest update, but I can try to update it through the DJI Assistant as well. I have not found any way to downgrade the software version to 1.02, but I'll see if that is an option. However, with this many errors I can't help to think that there must be something else that is wrong. I have opened a ticket with DJI support, but I am yet to receive a reply. I fear I will have to return the drone.
2019-12-29
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Any news her ? A nephew of mine has received his (defective ?) mini today. After connection many error messages were shown. Firmware Update / Reinstall and so on already done, but nothing happened, same as before. Is there no quality assurance at DJI who checks the units before shipping ? Its a NEW one, not refurbished.
2019-12-30
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Same error at https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/ProductRating/elektroschrott-drohne-startet-nicht-534326
Seems there was a delivery full of "Monday" drones. DJI any ideas except "please open a ticket" ?
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_8UaTD8HsSubL
New
United States

I just purchased my Mavic mini and am having the same issues and error codes, I can’t get any camera feed to be shown on my iPhone because of this and can’t take off. I would really like to start flying soon.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak
lvl.1

Australia

I found this foro while looking for a solution cause I have the same issues with my mavic mini. I bought it 10 days ago in Sidney during my holidays and didn't try because of windy conditions. Today I tried to fly it for the first time and found I couldn't be able to do it.
Several issues appear on the screen.  Same like yours.  I am travelling across Australia and I leave the contry  the 9th to take my flight to Bali , I don't want to leave without fixing it and the guarantee is only in Australia. Of course I don't want to lost the money weather! Hell! It's NEW! What s happening? Could you be able to fix the problem?
2019-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak Posted at 12-30 19:43
I found this foro while looking for a solution cause I have the same issues with my mavic mini. I bought it 10 days ago in Sidney during my holidays and didn't try because of windy conditions. Today I tried to fly it for the first time and found I couldn't be able to do it.
Several issues appear on the screen.  Same like yours.  I am travelling across Australia and I leave the contry  the 9th to take my flight to Bali , I don't want to leave without fixing it and the guarantee is only in Australia. Of course I don't want to lost the money weather! Hell! It's NEW! What s happening? Could you be able to fix the problem?

Try a firmware refresh/ upgrade using DJI Assistant 2 on the pc/laptop, if this doesn't work it's probably a warranty return

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/products/mavic-mini

DJI Assistant 2 download is at the bottom of the page

Remember to use a full battery in the AC and power it on before connecting it to the PC that has the DJI Asssitant 2 app already open and running

2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak
lvl.1

Australia

lannes Posted at 12-30 21:04
Try a firmware refresh/ upgrade using DJI Assistant 2 on the pc/laptop, if this doesn't work it's probably a warranty return

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/products/mavic-mini

Thats what i tried! I downloaded the last version  but the camera starts to spin around without control. I dont know what else can J do.
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak Posted at 12-31 01:31
Thats what i tried! I downloaded the last version  but the camera starts to spin around without control. I dont know what else can J do.

Looks like you'll need to return it for a warranty claim

However fimware 0.400 was only released a few minutes ago

2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_8UaTD8HsSubL
New
United States

I updated to firmware .400 just now and nothing has changed. I still have many errors and can’t use my drone at all. Very, very disappointed.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_8UaTD8HsSubL Posted at 12-31 10:44
I updated to firmware .400 just now and nothing has changed. I still have many errors and can’t use my drone at all. Very, very disappointed.

Same here! Have you get in contacted with Dji? What did they say to you?
2019-12-31
Use props
Aurora flyer
lvl.1
Colombia

Hey! I have still not been able to resolve the issue, but I have opened a ticket with DJI and received a reply. Basically i would recommend you all to do the same as soon as possible after you discover the problem. Basically they told me the following:

"In order to see whether you're eligible for our DOA procedure we need the following information....If the DOA period has expired and the first contact is over 15 days after the receiving date, the product will follow the RMA procedure"

Not quite sure what the difference between DOA and RMA is, but I assume the DOA gives you some better terms. I will most likely just return the drone to the store where i bought it and get a refund. Then I'll buy a new one later when I see that the issues have been resolved...  

2020-1-2
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi, I have the same issue.
I'm very disappointed.
2020-1-3
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

Aurora flyer Posted at 1-2 09:55
Hey! I have still not been able to resolve the issue, but I have opened a ticket with DJI and received a reply. Basically i would recommend you all to do the same as soon as possible after you discover the problem. Basically they told me the following:

"In order to see whether you're eligible for our DOA procedure we need the following information....If the DOA period has expired and the first contact is over 15 days after the receiving date, the product will follow the RMA procedure"

Hi,
Sorry for what happened.

DOA = Dead On Arrival
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

Basically, you will give it back and they will check what is wrong and proceed i guess.
2020-1-3
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Ireland

Burak C. Posted at 1-3 12:32
Hi,
Sorry for what happened.

I have sent a ticket to support as well, these are the error codes that I'm getting when trying to start the drone for the first time .
I have chatted with the pre-sales support (only one available at the moment) and they have told me to contact the technical support that will be available next week :-(...
2020-1-3
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

DARKLUG Posted at 1-3 13:39
I have sent a ticket to support as well, these are the error codes that I'm getting when trying to start the drone for the first time [view_image].
I have chatted with the pre-sales support (only one available at the moment) and they have told me to contact the technical support that will be available next week :-(...

It seems like a dead on arrival. Certainly a hardware problem, i'm sorry. Hope you can get your new MM as soon as possible.
2020-1-4
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Ireland

Burak C. Posted at 1-4 11:27
It seems like a dead on arrival. Certainly a hardware problem, i'm sorry. Hope you can get your new MM as soon as possible.
DJI support has replied and believe it or not, I still don’t know what I should do!
They are still discussing if it is a DOA or RMA...
On Twitter I have been trying to get their attention as well.
So far I’m very disappointed. This drone was supposed to be my Christmas present, was ordered the 6th of December (fly more combo) and it arrived (dead) very late on the 31st of December 2019. It was an upgrade from a Tello.
It will take weeks before the drone gets back to them and then I get it; if they wake up and tell how to send it back...
What a freaking disgrace!
2020-1-4
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

DARKLUG Posted at 1-4 15:37
DJI support has replied and believe it or not, I still don’t know what I should do!
They are still discussing if it is a DOA or RMA...
On Twitter I have been trying to get their attention as well.

I'm sorry, you are right. DJI is taking actions slowly, when something happens, it generally couple weeks until they get back to you with a solid explanation.
2020-1-5
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Italy

I’m now waiting on an UPS return label... 4 days after reporting a DOA case. I have also shared all logs and info so DJI can clearly see what I have done and what is wrong with the drone.
I’m very surprised by the lack of understanding showed by DJI.
I will soon be in another country and this will complicate the return process even further.
2020-1-6
Use props
LRaven
lvl.2
Ukraine

One MM user from local forum, reported that he ovserved similar problems. During communication with DJI support, they asked to manually translate to English error messages showed on his smartphone(it was Cyrilic alphabet(Russian)),  but user make decission to change smarthpone system language to English, after that he run DJY App again, but surpricelly all error messages disapeared.  He successfullu connect to drone. After that even if user was changed back system language to Cyrilic, all  works good.
2020-1-6
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Italy

LRaven Posted at 1-6 03:40
One MM user from local forum, reported that he ovserved similar problems. During communication with DJI support, they asked to manually translate to English error messages showed on his smartphone(it was Cyrilic alphabet(Russian)),  but user make decission to change smarthpone system language to English, after that he run DJY App again, but surpricelly all error messages disapeared.  He successfullu connect to drone. After that even if user was changed back system language to Cyrilic, all  works good.

My Mavic Mini has just been collected by a UPS courier, destination DOA dpt. Netherlands.
I will let you know the outcome of DJI “investigation” and how they will address my issue.
Thank you all!
2020-1-7
Use props
chairman212121
lvl.1
Spain

I wrote to DJI with a Dead On Arrival (DOA) refund claim and they're sending the label for it to be picked up. Same errors as images in above posts. Saddened!! Might get a Mavic Pro 2 instead.
2020-1-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

chairman212121 Posted at 1-16 05:54
I wrote to DJI with a Dead On Arrival (DOA) refund claim and they're sending the label for it to be picked up. Same errors as images in above posts. Saddened!! Might get a Mavic Pro 2 instead.

Have a look at the newly released Hubsan Zino 2, probably comparable to the MPP at MM prices

I like the idea of:

• detachable gimbal for camera upgrades
  • 4k 60fps at 100mbs
  • high brightness display

https://www.hubsan.com/na/index. ... %20&products_id=997
2020-1-16
Use props
DARKLUG
lvl.1

Ireland

I have received the replacement Mavic Mini today, it seems to be a brand new unit.
I have successfully activated it and had to update to the latest firmware via PC because via DJI App was giving me several errors.
I have managed to take off and fly a bit indoor, so far all good.

What a hassle has been the whole process and pushing DJI support to replace a DOA unit.
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_uauyUV9QOPAG
New

United States

Same story for me, same error codes.  I got online with live chat rep who was a big help getting trouble report submitted.  I sent the unit back to the service depot and received new unit which works perfectly. You need patience to navigate the process but once done the response was very quick
2020-2-1
Use props
Phillip Lang
New

United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2019-12-29 09:40
Those seem like way too many errors.
Try using DJI Assistant 2 to update RC by itself and Drone by itself, IMU and compass would be good to calibrate anyway since they are not related to camera and downwards sensors.
Really wish you can get it sorted soon, is an awesome little drone.

How do I fox error code 30007/30008? Aircraft has no gps and is not able to hover
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_z5tZA1U0Ob0k
New
United Arab Emirates

i got the same erros on my brand new MM, can u help what you have done??
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_ohMuDJRxNQqL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21701883 ft
Canada

Phillip Lang Posted at 5-23 14:26
How do I fox error code 30007/30008? Aircraft has no gps and is not able to hover

Replace the GPS module if nothing else works. Simple replacement process. 45$ Canadian.
2020-7-25
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Netherlands

I wish I had manuals for my drone in both languages. I have recently had to use a translation service to get some manuals translated from German to English through https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/technical-translation-services. Though it is a paid service so better to have manuals initially in two languages. I think it would be a decent customer care
2020-11-17
Use props
alexpetry85
New

United States

Same issues as above out of the box. Sad to see units still going out with these error messages a year and a half after seeing these posts about the same problems. DJI has made a very poor first impression for me.

Will start the DOA process, have submitted claims will have to wait for a business day to get a support person on the phone. Extremely dissapointing!

Any advice to expedite the situation?
2021-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules