no fly restrictions Geo fence
774 5 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbooth
New

United States

I am a newly licensed FAA sUAV pilot. I bought the mini to play around with before buying another craft and m learning I will be fenced out of many areas I may want to fly and can get clearence to fly. When will the option to self modify these restrictions be available?? If no time soon I will be returning this ASAP.

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sbooth. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. DJI will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_kOA2POgl0uNA
New
Finland

I’d say it’s late december now. Any news? Will soon have to return if flying doesn’t become possible.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_szdwkUVypB3U
New

United States

Same here. I will return my Mini if this is not resolved quickly.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_szdwkUVypB3U Posted at 12-29 13:37
Same here. I will return my Mini if this is not resolved quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will release firmware soon to support unlocking function, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_kOA2POgl0uNA Posted at 12-29 12:50
I’d say it’s late december now. Any news? Will soon have to return if flying doesn’t become possible.

The firmware will be released very soon to support unlocking NFZ, appreciate your patience.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules