Android 10 and DJI Fly app incompatible.
1234Next >
30439 126 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
France

My Samsung Galaxy S10 plus will not run the DJI Fly app since upgrading to Android 10. Upon opening the app I get an opening screen for a few seconds and then it closes down. I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall the app and clear any files relating to DJI in my phone as some have suggested. I'm currently in Europe on holiday and unable to use my MM. This is not good enough. I paid decent coin for something that right now I cannot use.
2019-12-29
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

try this, it didn't work for me
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 288&pid=2043183
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mavic Craig. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your feedback. As of the moment our DJI R&D team is working on the problem which you mentioned. Furthermore, we will cooperate with the Mobile manufacturer to figure it out and optimize it as soon as possible. Kindly please pay more attention to our official website ( www.dji.com ) for the updates. Currently, we suggest to change to another mobile device if you have. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_8zuHPzNBWVP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604528 ft
Vietnam

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-30 08:49
Hello and good day Mavic Craig. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your feedback. As of the moment our DJI R&D team is working on the problem which you mentioned. Furthermore, we will cooperate with the Mobile manufacturer to figure it out and optimize it as soon as possible. Kindly please pay more attention to our official website ( www.dji.com ) for the updates. Currently, we suggest to change to another mobile device if you have. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

All my save money was used to buy note 10+ and mavic mini. I don't have money to buy other smartphone.

Fix app soon, I think many users have been disappointed.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_8zuHPzNBWVP2 Posted at 12-30 09:35
Hi,

All my save money was used to buy note 10+ and mavic mini. I don't have money to buy other smartphone.

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and I definitely understand how you feel. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are working towards the resolution for this matter as soon as possible. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.
2019-12-30
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Mavic Craig, there has to be more than just the android 10 version. Reason I am saying this. I have the same phone as you. I am in the united states. My android version updated a couple of weeks ago and I cringed because I heard about this not going to work after the update. However, after the update to version 10, I have since 2 different times after the update have been able to fly the mini with fly app. So something else is a amiss here. Something else going on. I just wanted to share. I wish they would update the app for all and so that you can use the tablets. I just wanted to share. I know it does not help. But, its more than the upgrade to andriod 10.
2019-12-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

04: 18 China-December 31 UTC +8
Someone has not guessed since December 30...
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_YjCv5FwJPOYG
New
United Kingdom

Any one on an S10. I heard that this may have something to do with the Exynos chip set.
Don't know how true this is though.

I have the S10 on Android 10 running on the Exynos 9820.
And the app constantly crashes upon opening.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_lPyfxFl5mVk7
New

United Kingdom

Been messaging the DJI support team and we just have to wait. This is absolutely disgraceful. I have wanting a decent drone for 2 years now and the mavic mini seemed to tick most of my boxes. Until this issue. There should me more communication between phone manufacturers and and app developers. This is the reason why apple are more reliable in terms of cross compatibility (in most cases)
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mugsie Posted at 2019-12-30 11:57
Mavic Craig, there has to be more than just the android 10 version. Reason I am saying this. I have the same phone as you. I am in the united states. My android version updated a couple of weeks ago and I cringed because I heard about this not going to work after the update. However, after the update to version 10, I have since 2 different times after the update have been able to fly the mini with fly app. So something else is a amiss here. Something else going on. I just wanted to share. I wish they would update the app for all and so that you can use the tablets. I just wanted to share. I know it does not help. But, its more than the upgrade to andriod 10.

It depends on the version of the OS you have, the bug with the OS10 is on the Exynos system,where as some s10+ users are on a different version. I have the s10+ and os10 and in england, my drone is currently grounded.The frustratin thing is that the app was updated recently to allow geo zone unlocking,but a fix for the app is still mot out :/
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_YjCv5FwJPOYG Posted at 1-1 16:01
Any one on an S10. I heard that this may have something to do with the Exynos chip set.

Thats exactlymwhat the issue is, the Exynos chip is not compatible,the frustrsting part is that DJI were aware of this issue when OS10 was in its beta stage and did nothing to fix it, they instead pushed the sale of the drone and now the majority of Android users cant use their drone, and all dji do is say try another handset/device.Phones are not cheap and as a manufacturer they need to take responsibility for the issue and fix it, not blame the consumer and expect us to spend more money to use their faulty products
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_ZIRpF5bWkdRD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Seriously DJI - what the F is happening??  All working fine on 31st december, tried the mini again today and the app/drone is useless and hangs on a white screen - no flying.  Took a vacation and drove 500 miles to use my drone and the app is suddenly hung.  Very not happy.   Galaxy note 10 - worked fine on last version of the app.

Telling us the "next version" will fix this is unacceptable.  That next version needs to be pushed out overnight TONIGHT!

Whoever is in charge of your software division should be fired today.
2020-1-3
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

djiuser_ZIRpF5bWkdRD Posted at 1-3 07:50
Seriously DJI - what the F is happening??  All working fine on 31st december, tried the mini again today and the app/drone is useless and hangs on a white screen - no flying.  Took a vacation and drove 500 miles to use my drone and the app is suddenly hung.  Very not happy.   Galaxy note 10 - worked fine on last version of the app.

Telling us the "next version" will fix this is unacceptable.  That next version needs to be pushed out overnight TONIGHT!

I don't believe that DJI is 100% responsible with the app not working on the phones. Why I heard from a different thread that DJI and Samsung are trying to work on the issue.

HOWEVER, I 200%, agree though DJI could had made another app in the mean time to resolve this while they work on the fix between the 2 companies. Every company should had backups of processes in the event that something breaks. DJI should had made a 32 bit app to work and just sat on it. When this huge (YES I CONSIDER THIS HUGE ISSUE) came out after the android updates were not working they should had released the 32 bit app until they could resolve the primary app and android update issue with Samsung. I am 100% with you on this even though this has not affected me personally, but, affect me from the standpoint I want to use tablet for this mini.

Being I been in Information Technology for about 25 years, I would had continent plans. DJI is lacking this. Why we are at where we are.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_ZIRpF5bWkdRD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just had a conversation with support - now saying it will be the end of January at the earliest before there is a fix for this issue.  They are telling people to go use a different phone.  I have rarely seen such poor customer service.  I see a tendancy here to somehwat blame Samsung, however my phone didn't update since I last used the drone on 31st Dec, but the DJI app did - and it was the DJI app update which caused the failure.
2020-1-3
Use props
timhoek
New
Flight distance : 174377 ft
Australia

I found a work around its not the best work around but it worked for me.
Before i start be aware that if your follow the links below you do so at your own risk software could be backdoored or have malware in it also following this tutorial may brick your device so if you do go ahead and downgrade do so at your own risk do your research.

I reverted back to android 9 on my samsung s10e successfully. I was too impatient to wait for dji to fix it. I used Odin to flash firmware if you do go down this path "make sure odin version you are downloading supports your device or you could break your phone."

This tutorial may wipe your data on your device so be aware. It wiped my device clean. I did not trip knox which was good. Just seems like i just pulled it out of the box new.
2fa does not get restored with smart switch app from my knowledge so if you use google authenticator your will need to remove 2fa from all your accounts or get backup codes.

I used odin 3.13.1 i downloaded it from https://samsungodin.com/
I downloaded latest android 9 firmware for my device from https://samfrew.com
Then i followed this tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sPBRUoPkA

DJI Fly App now works

2020-1-3
Use props
Aquamundi
lvl.1
Germany

Regarding all those problems with the DJI APP not working or not working properly, i would like to make a suggestion to DJI and because i have no idea how to make it to the DJI core - i put it here:
Hey DJI! It would be very helpful, if you would make a "BASIC DJI APP" that could be used, if any problems occur. That BASIC DJI APP should be able to run under any circumstances and provide the very basics. Fly the Mavic Mini at low level (for example not more than 50 meters and not greater distance 500 meters) and let the pilot make foto and or film.
I would have loved to have such a possibility today, because i could not make my Mini fly because the DJI APP refused to work and my wife an i were rather frustrated to have walked for long time to a nice place and could not make for what we came there.
Regards,
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_ttBncBzQmrKK
lvl.1
Vietnam

It's a huge risk for brand name in this field if DJI keeps maintaning the drone control app like this. Lack of QA and QC before release the core component of product is the current serious issue to them. Wondering should we as the customers put the trust of surroundings safety in their hands !?
I'm so doubt to say yes!
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_xDjrupamWDpL
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a an s10 plus after the update my fly app also stopped working I tried reinstalling a few times downloading 1.3 didn't work installed again this morning and to my shock the app worked!! Half way through the day went to open up the app again and it had gone back to not working and crashing. I though dji had sent a patch out or something but now still not working but if some one at DJI can answer why It would work once and then not on android 10 Samsung it must be partly compatible
2020-1-3
Use props
Aquamundi
lvl.1
Germany

I want to express something i am frustrated also is: The fact that DJI has no fallback plan or possibility for their customers, to get their product working.
It is a rather arrogant behavior, to let so many people no chance to use the products they paid for.
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_YjCv5FwJPOYG Posted at 1-1 16:01

It does have something to do with the Ekynos chipset and incompatibility

On Samsung S model phones the Ekynos chipset is used in Europe and Asia to reduce cost, while in North America the Qualcomm Snap Dragon is used

I have posted some more info in another thread

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =201976&pid=2050381

This explains why  Samsung phones in North America work with DJI Fly and others of the same model in Europe and Asia don't work at the moment

This is probably a task for DJI to make both regions compatible, hence the need to work with Samsung as outlined in the DJI Mindy's post
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_IGYvmdUmC7PS
New

United Kingdom

timhoek Posted at 1-3 08:37
I found a work around its not the best work around but it worked for me.
Before i start be aware that if your follow the links below you do so at your own risk software could be backdoored or have malware in it also following this tutorial may brick your device so if you do go ahead and downgrade do so at your own risk do your research.

A word of warning regarding reflashing using ODIN.

It is essential that you disable factory reset protection (FRP) first by:

1.  Remove all Google accounts from phone
2.  Perform a factory reset (in settings)

Then you can safely reflash.  If you don't do this, then FRP will activate after flashing.  In theory, at that point you can enter your Google account details, but on an old S8 of mine, this didn't work.  So now that phone is a brick.
2020-1-4
Use props
Reg Smith
New

Australia

Going by the other forums the problem is android 10 not the model of phone, and also is affecting Go app as well ,and is world wide
2020-1-4
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been reading a lot of posts about this, so far I have been reluctant to comment as I assumed DJI would provide a solution in some form fairly quick.

Frustratingly I recently moved from the iPhone Xs to S10+
My issue is much like everyone else, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, given how unstable the dji fly app is I don't really want to run the risk of using my drone when the app does load out of fear it crashes and the drone clears off.

DJI telling people to get a new phone is not acceptable, this is not an option for large amount of the users, nor should they be expected to do this as workaround for an "unsupported product"

It's getting close to the point where I return mine as I've wanted to use it over holiday / Christmas, I feel incredibly sorry for the people going on holiday unable to use it

DJI this is a complete mess, I feel some form of compensation should be provided...
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_WxEkGrQwgfav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17549 ft
Brazil

George GR Posted at 2019-12-29 22:59
try this, it didn't work for me
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=205288&pid=2043183

It did not work for me either. I considered that overload the phone was restart it. Thanks anyway!
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_db7udH9MsJk3
New
Flight distance : 4295 ft
United Kingdom

I have the note 10 . Since the recent update to version 10 im now not able to use the dji fly app on my mini. It is just grey on the screen. I'm so frustrated only just got this for xmas  not happy..  
2020-1-5
Use props
Glen Iris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109925 ft
Australia

Same here - took my Mavic Mini for a 3 hour drive and couldn't start  the DJI FLY app - S10+ new software. This problem must be affecting thousands who have that combination - I do not have a spare phone so drone is bricked until the app is fixed.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kGTtPkgkqBXa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78799 ft
United States

Dji fly app also can not install on both of my Samsung Galaxy A10e and Motorola g6 play....just hopping dji will help fix issue sooner,,
I just don't understand push for sale dji mini and lack of firmware updates so many android phones user can not use after purchased dji mini they have to find out the hard way I can imagine if at less 90% of android users got  no problem dji mini would sell a lot more as of now most people have to think twice before buying.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kGTtPkgkqBXa
lvl.3
United States

Mugsie Posted at 1-3 08:13
I don't believe that DJI is 100% responsible with the app not working on the phones. Why I heard from a different thread that DJI and Samsung are trying to work on the issue.

HOWEVER, I 200%, agree though DJI could had made another app in the mean time to resolve this while they work on the fix between the 2 companies. Every company should had backups of processes in the event that something breaks. DJI should had made a 32 bit app to work and just sat on it. When this huge (YES I CONSIDER THIS HUGE ISSUE) came out after the android updates were not working they should had released the 32 bit app until they could resolve the primary app and android update issue with Samsung. I am 100% with you on this even though this has not affected me personally, but, affect me from the standpoint I want to use tablet for this mini.

That's not true my two phones 64 bit but the damn app cannot install,, all of us got nothing but upset.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kGTtPkgkqBXa
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_IGYvmdUmC7PS Posted at 1-4 04:45
A word of warning regarding reflashing using ODIN.

It is essential that you disable factory reset protection (FRP) first by:

Sorry to hear that.. as of dji telling us to use another phone sounds like all of us have phone laying around all over the place.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

Bought today. Wasn't even aware that such a mess could come from such a brand. Why would you not inform your resellers of what is going on with your software? Why am I obliged to handle your problems on My holidays?!

Frustration is over 9000.

Reached out to online support - they told me the update coming in the mid of January. It's unacceptable!
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Ukraine

Glen Iris Posted at 1-5 18:09
Same here - took my Mavic Mini for a 3 hour drive and couldn't start  the DJI FLY app - S10+ new software. This problem must be affecting thousands who have that combination - I do not have a spare phone so drone is bricked until the app is fixed.

Agree. Same issue.
They won't even post the issue on their commercial web site. They just keep selling this .... Resellers will do the same. The only thing they care about is selling.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_mOogJsCektfc
New

Norway

I din't by a new phone. I bought a new drone. NOT DJI
2020-1-6
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I just updated my Note 10+ to Android 10. No problem with DJI Fly, I guess because it's snapdragon version. Hope you guys get the update asap.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_nmoAwRLxOvYj
New
Flight distance : 4255 ft
Turkey

I am also in Holiday and i am very sucked up of this one i use an Samsung galaxy s10+ and after the Update not Function.... i hope we all mini users became a GIFT for this
2020-1-6
Use props
MoreFlyMini
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI how much we have to wait for de update? Is really annoying not having a quick solution. We know that you have to attend a lot of things, but this is affecting to all the consumers that attracted whit this amazing drone. Is such a bad thig thas this happend,condidering that for a experiment developer this kind of issues can't take more than a week to correct it. At least could you compromise with us an tell us a date to deliver the ETA?
2020-1-7
Use props
Kakemanx
lvl.1

Norway

Seems like the app is working now on my Galaxy S10+ with android 10
2020-1-7
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Kakemanx Posted at 1-7 12:36
Seems like the app is working now on my Galaxy S10+ with android 10

Hi,

What version? Mine still not working on Note 10+
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pbx Posted at 1-8 00:12
Hi,

What version? Mine still not working on Note 10+

Being in Europe, suspect you've got the Ekynos 9825 chipset, unless you bought the phone in Nth America or China

There is a incompatibility somewhere with Ekynos chipsets that DJI and Samsung need to sort out

2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Ukraine

I've just launched the app on my S10+ with Android 10 (exynos, Ukraine). And it worked just fine. Hope that's the fix they have delivered overnight?
Well, I'm going to fly that drone today (at my own risk).

I hope DJI will post something official with regards to the situation.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Ukraine

UPD: I've tried to fly the mavic mini on S10+ Exynos. It was successful for two times. However after I've tried to launch the app later it would freeze with the same white screen with logo. So apparently the issue persists.
2020-1-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules