Android 10 and DJI Fly app incompatible.
1234Next >
30457 126 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plastikoso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47 Posted at 1-8 03:52
UPD: I've tried to fly the mavic mini on S10+ Exynos. It was successful for two times. However after I've tried to launch the app later it would freeze with the same white screen with logo. So apparently the issue persists.

It's the same problem I have
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

plastikoso Posted at 1-10 03:09
It's the same problem I have

Hi,

Just run through the instructions carefully:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 437&pid=2056132

If you have S10 - it should work.
2020-1-10
Use props
plastikoso
Second Officer
Italy

dessol Posted at 1-10 03:43
Hi,

I have S10+
I'll try, thank you very much.
2020-1-10
Use props
Luuk2019
lvl.2
Flight distance : 651463 ft
Netherlands

What version of the app are you running?
I have a S10+ and i'm having problems with v1.0.4.
I fixed the problem for now by reinstalling version 1.0.3. from apkmirror.
Then disabled auto updating in the play store.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53668 ft
Greece

dessol Posted at 1-10 03:43
Hi,

I could open the app yesterday night though and log in and all that, but i did not fly it yesterday. I was planning to fly it this evening and the app does not open now. I did every step you have mentioned, and also followed your steps twice now and it does not work on my S10e :/. There is another temporary "option" to install and open the dji go app etc iv seen on YT, but i doubt even that will work!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK Posted at 1-10 12:06
I could open the app yesterday night though and log in and all that, but i did not fly it yesterday. I was planning to fly it this evening and the app does not open now. I did every step you have mentioned, and also followed your steps twice now and it does not work on my S10e :/. There is another temporary "option" to install and open the dji go app etc iv seen on YT, but i doubt even that will work!

Hmm, did you opt out of the auto-update in Play Store?
What is your current version of the Fly app?

Btw, I did a field test today with my S10+ (Exynos) and v. 1.0.3 on board - everything worked brilliant. I haven't any issues since I've installed 1.0.3 using that approach.
I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3
youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhtcXp7fM

There are instructions posted in the video description.

I've talked to several users of S10 and they've managed to make v.1.0.3 work carefully following those instructions. No need to reset / restart your phone or do anything harmful to the system. It's an easy fix until DJI release a working update

2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Greece

dessol Posted at 1-10 12:44
Hmm, did you opt out of the auto-update in Play Store?
What is your current version of the Fly app?

Yes, as said, i followed these steps twice in that order exactly. I have not tried anything else except this, except that dji go thing. Im sure that the fact that mine is S10e is irrelevant, since it is the S10 series after all.
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_FovazM8Qh3as
New
United Arab Emirates

I dont understand why DJI is letting this last this long, to think the app sometimes works then its not difficult to find solution. I am frustrated like others i travel to shoot video from my first drone DJI mini but i could not.
2020-1-11
Use props
Sorge
New

Australia

I now own a $800 AUD brick!

Not good enough DJI
2020-1-11
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

guys a little bit of more patient..
I've read somewhere else that by end of January there will be an update that will solve the issue with Android 10/Exynos
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Greece

Sorge Posted at 1-11 23:43
I now own a $800 AUD brick!

Not good enough DJI

XD. If you are serious i must tell that you have bought that Autel Evo (you mean?) brick in vain. If you bought an extra drone than ok. There is a temporary working solution until we get the fix late January. Try the method mentioned below with the DJI GO app install. Not only does this work, but ALSO that 6 pixels problem, that was present up till the .004 update, that appears on some players on the phone or PC has vanished for some strange reason .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKoas9I7gI
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_05d6jwZqUb0x
New

France

bonjour  j 'ai une tablette samsung tab A  sous android 8.1  l'application télécharger puis a l' instalation  ca me dit  application non installé  donc impossible ?? que dois je faire ?  merci
2020-1-13
Use props
plastikoso
Second Officer
Italy

I tried with 1.0.3 version after disintallation of 1.0.4, deleting Dji directory but the situation is the same. Dji fly starts but frieze. I wait un update https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=206771
2020-1-13
Use props
MSimaan
New

Austria

It seems that this version is not compatible with V 1.00.04 of the macvic mini. It asks to update it... and then when i do it just crashes...
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_JcQKU5SiyAsg
New

Denmark

This needs to be fixed now, DJI! It is a major issue for a lot of people and it is unacceptable that it is still an issue! It should have been solved with a bug fix months ago!
2020-1-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Fly version 1.0.6 for android should be soon, as it's been released on IOS
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_mwKbNbAVV4mW
lvl.1

Spain

lannes Posted at 1-13 02:53
DJI Fly version 1.0.6 for android should be soon, as it's been released on IOS

Embarrassing DJI when they come to give us a solution, or let us use external app, or because they do not directly integrate the mavic mini into the DJI GO 4 application, a reliable app to fly and not see our money thrown more than a month
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_kGTtPkgkqBXa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78799 ft
United States

Most problem on android but dji released for iOS first go FIGURE
2020-1-13
Use props
StefEEBear
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Fly app version 1.04 is the big problem with Samsung (Exynos and Android 10)
To get it working.. (though still has a few issues) I've downgraded to V1.03,.
To do this I have turned off Automatic App Updates.
Turned on Sideloading apps
Downloaded DJI Fly 1.03 APK form the APKMirror website.
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Greece

lannes Posted at 1-13 02:53
DJI Fly version 1.0.6 for android should be soon, as it's been released on IOS

Yes, only the fact DJI focus more and prioritize Apple tell us a lot actually. Such a shame.

My question is though, there was never a .005 update as far as i know?! Or they don't go chronological with the updates?

It seems many don't understand that they need to download DJO GO as well and follow the steps i paste on the YT-link. I can fly as it is now with this solution, however i told the support about compensation for not being able to fly before, or formaking this trouble and this is the answer i got:

Hello dear ...,

thank you very much for your email.

We can completly understand your situation. We are sincerely sorry for the current situation that your Samsung S10 with Android 10 is not compatible with the DJI Fly App.

We currently have to advise to reset to Android 9 or to use another mobile device. Because that we are not able to apply the compensation for you.  After the new Update the problem will be fixed.  
I beg your patience.

We are very sorry for the inconvinience.

Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us. I will do my best to assist you.
Have a nice day!
Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Monika L.
Technical Support DJI GmbH

Not only did she not understand that i solved it temporarily (telling em to downgrade to Android 9, which is a BAD solution Monika!), cause i wrote it to her, but also she does not answer really to why they are denying compensation. If she refers for us to downgrade to Android 9, then i say again: Unacceptable.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Greece

djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK Posted at 1-14 00:50
Yes, only the fact DJI focus more and prioritize Apple tell us a lot actually. Such a shame.

My question is though, there was never a .005 update as far as i know?! Or they don't go chronological with the updates?

Hey, Dji forum admins, you really need to change the editing thing with not being able to edit ones post when it has gone more than 2 minutes.
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK Posted at 1-14 00:54
Hey, Dji forum admins, you really need to change the editing thing with not being able to edit ones post when it has gone more than 2 minutes.

It must be your level in the forum, I can edit a post anytime , any date
2020-1-14
Use props
JHansen86
New
Flight distance : 31450 ft
Australia

Hi, been dealing with this issue for only a week now. I did find by mistake however that putting the phone into flight mode allowed the app to boot succesfully and once started i could exit flight mode and fly without issues.

Looking forward to the permanent fix and some general improvements to the app or just release the code so Litchi can build something.
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hopefully the new version of DJI Fly 1.0.6 for Android will fix all your problems

This is from the DJI Mavic Mini download page

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

2020-1-14
Use props
Coyote1982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96329 ft
Ukraine

Whoa, it launches and does its things! Now that's something..
2020-1-14
Use props
AlBundY911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4767 ft
Poland

Work on S10 with android 10 and Exynos processor. Look at this topic.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-206884-1-1.html
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_4JTzdIlsE4Y4
New

Austria

Coyote1982 Posted at 1-14 07:33
Whoa, it launches and does its things! Now that's something..

Now the new 1.0.6 app it´s working fine like it should.
Thanks mate
2020-1-14
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Can confirm it works on Note10+ as well.
2020-1-15
Use props
Salindra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 393474 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Can confirm it works on S10 +
2020-1-15
Use props
MSimaan
New

Austria

Can confirm the new version is working on samsung s10 as well. Finally !!!
2020-1-15
Use props
JMDSomme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35446 ft
France

Waah!
I was waiting for my phone replacement because of that issue!
Very good news !
2020-1-15
Use props
Panos Megas
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-30 08:49
Hello and good day Mavic Craig. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your feedback. As of the moment our DJI R&D team is working on the problem which you mentioned. Furthermore, we will cooperate with the Mobile manufacturer to figure it out and optimize it as soon as possible. Kindly please pay more attention to our official website ( www.dji.com ) for the updates. Currently, we suggest to change to another mobile device if you have. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dear Stephen, thank you for your answer. Unfortunatelly i have the same problem with my brand new mavic mini. The situation is worst for me, because while i was flying my drone with an older version of android i lost the control of the drone ( i couldn't manage it) and the result was to crash on a wall and fall down. For your kind information, i tried first to fly my drone with my Galaxy S10 but that was not possible. DJI should inform customers on the official web page for that problem - that will be acceptable if we had information before we buy it - and inform also properly all the retailers. Now my drone is for repair, i need it for my job and i am on an unplesant position.
2020-1-15
Use props
MoreFlyMini
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI just update the new version 1.06. I'm going to probe it, downloading from the page because is not in my app store.
2020-1-15
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

djiuser_05d6jwZqUb0x Posted at 1-13 01:13
bonjour  j 'ai une tablette samsung tab A  sous android 8.1  l'application télécharger puis a l' instalation  ca me dit  application non installé  donc impossible ?? que dois je faire ?  merci

Il faut utiliser une tablette ou un portable équipé d'un processeur 64 bit et qui utilise un système d'explotation android également à 64 bit. Le message 'appli non installée' veut dire que la tbalette n'est pas compatible.
Il y a un site (je ne me souviens plus le liens) qui publie, avec une mise à jour quotidienne, la liste des devices compatibles. Il faut fouiller dans le forum.
2020-1-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_05d6jwZqUb0x Posted at 1-13 01:13

This is the list of compatible devices

Ceci est la liste des appareils compatibles

https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_Lc8MeO0VhemT
New

United States

I am running into the same problem with OnePlus 7 Pro on Android 10.3.1. I see other OnePlus 7 Pro users have it working but the dates in the review looks like it was prior to when the Android 10 was available to update to.

I'm guessing this is an Android 10 issue and not a device specific issue. I did try the 1.3 Fly app and instructions but unfortunately doesn't work for my device. DJI customer service just points to the supported devices list and is pretty passive on any support other than a return of the product.
2020-5-13
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

djiuser_Lc8MeO0VhemT Posted at 5-13 18:55
I am running into the same problem with OnePlus 7 Pro on Android 10.3.1. I see other OnePlus 7 Pro users have it working but the dates in the review looks like it was prior to when the Android 10 was available to update to.

I'm guessing this is an Android 10 issue and not a device specific issue. I did try the 1.3 Fly app and instructions but unfortunately doesn't work for my device. DJI customer service just points to the supported devices list and is pretty passive on any support other than a return of the product.

It isnt an Android 10 related problem  anymore..  That was fixed by DJI.

Why it crashes is a good question.. But from my Crashlytics data (I am an Android dev), Samsung and OnePlus have most crashes..
Samsung - no wonder, they are most used ones. But OnePlus has done some strange things to the Android lifecycle behavior (also sometimes Samsung) which results in unexpected behavior.

Android 10 version and security patches from Apirl 2020. No problem with DJI fly.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_Vb8FT0OYjYNR
New

United States

Good afternoon,
I just bought the Mavic mini drone. Just downloaded the DJI Fly app. When attempting to log in, it doesn't allow me to create an account. It just asked to enter a password. So I did, thinking maybe I created one (which i know I didn't).  I chose forgot password option and nothing is sent to my email. I am using a Pixel 4 with the latest version of Android 10.  
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_0iDfHyzM09qw
New

Argentina

Hi, I have a Samsung A6+ with android 10, and can't install the DJI FLY app. Is this going to be fixed ? I do not consider this phone old, please let me know any update. Its disappointing getting into this trouble with my first drone. It is supposed to be a consumer product which should not force me to buy a brand new iphone. Please take this seriously.
2020-6-29
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_0iDfHyzM09qw Posted at 6-29 16:30
Hi, I have a Samsung A6+ with android 10, and can't install the DJI FLY app. Is this going to be fixed ? I do not consider this phone old, please let me know any update. Its disappointing getting into this trouble with my first drone. It is supposed to be a consumer product which should not force me to buy a brand new iphone. Please take this seriously.

It looks like your phone uses 32 bit Android OS so its very unlikely a compatible DJI Fly app will be released. The fly app only works with 64 bit Android.
2020-6-30
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules