Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini - Circle Quick Shot goes to waste
2299 13 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Hi Everyone, just yesterday I've tried a quickshot, the cirle one, around a chimney and all goes to waste, I don't know why but after a quarter of an entire circle my mini began to go forward and closer to the object after that it started to shift to the left and stop the quickshot registration.

Here you are the video:https://i3b0ltn000777.fr1.quickconnect.to/photo/share/agaBKF29/video_444a49204d696e692f323031392d31322d3239_444a495f303331382e4d5034

Anyone have some ideas on what it's happened ?
Could fog generate this sort of "problem"?

Thanks in advance
Bye and Happy new year!
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

No idea, can you post the flight log so experienced users can have a look?

Some questions, how many GPS did you have locked?
Happy 2020 to you too!
2019-12-30
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-30 07:45
No idea, can you post the flight log so experienced users can have a look?

Some questions, how many GPS did you have locked?

Hi, I've never extract the logs but i will try, usually I don't take off if I don't have al least 10 satellites
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

luca6686 Posted at 12-30 08:38
Hi, I've never extract the logs but i will try, usually I don't take off if I don't have al least 10 satellites

Fly logs are an incredible way to analize everything that happened, like the "black boxes" in airplanes.
I was amazed when I understood their potential and some users here are super good at reading them and translating them to something understandable
2019-12-30
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-30 08:41
Fly logs are an incredible way to analize everything that happened, like the "black boxes" in airplanes.
I was amazed when I understood their potential and some users here are super good at reading them and translating them to something understandable

So, I've found an app and installed on my phone, than I've sync the logs and here you are:

Flight Logs

Easy and practical!!

I hope that what I've done is correct.
Thanks
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

luca6686 Posted at 12-30 08:52
So, I've found an app and installed on my phone, than I've sync the logs and here you are:

Flight Logs

That is correct, I cannot see any obvious issues but some users can read more stuff.
Hopefully some will show and analize it further.
2019-12-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

It think the MM lost his object, as the chimney tower is rather thin...

cheers
JJB
2019-12-30
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Was the green rectangle always above the object during the shot? Certainly not or? Then it's like JJB* wrote.
The contrast between the chimney and the brown-green floor seems to me too low. Do that again when there is snow. :-)
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JJB* Posted at 12-30 09:39
Hiya,

It think the MM lost his object, as the chimney tower is rather thin...

I thought this originally, based on a video where an user try to do an orbit in a big building and it struggles doing a weird movement half way through the quick shot.
2019-12-30
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Did you have a green box around the whole top of the chimney? And what was the chosen radius? You seemed a long way from top of chimney?
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day luca6686. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to the Quickshot ( Circle ) Function of your DJI Mavic Mini. Kindly Please try to circle around with the initial diameter and height. The maximum speed is 6 m/s. In addition I will post some instruction on how to create Quickshots. Thank you.

2019-12-30
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

MM Quick Circle uses camera to detect and track the object it is supposed to fly around, right? Well, it's very hard to do when object moves, rotates from camera's perspective. Especially hard on a low end hardware. Don't expect it to be perfect or reliable.

Do it by hands if possible, or, at least, put something distinct  in the center. Red jacket may help. Always look at what MM is doing and make sure it doesn't hit something. It has not collision detection, remember?

PS: lowering your expectations may help as well. ;)
2019-12-30
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Italy

Hi all, I will try to answer at all of the question you've made.

First of all i was far from the object and maybe this was to small to follow in fact the green rectangle disappeared during the quick shot.

I've already done some circle quickshot but on a bigger subject and from above , in this case I was on the side

I don't have any high expectation altought I'm always warried to make mistakes during flights because I know that I'm a beginner.

Thanks a lot
Happy new year !!!
2019-12-31
Use props
Miremare2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24117 ft

United Kingdom

Hello
I had the same issue with the Mavic Mini.

By chance i had a chance to use a mavic air 2.
With the the mavic air 2 the circle quickshot was solid.

I went back to the mavic mini and completed the circle quickshot on the same object.
It failed time after again.
Unfortunately it seems as though the circle quickshot on the mavic mini is not reliable.

The mavic air 2 is rock solid each time.
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules