13223 29 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OK7121
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18809 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Does anyone know how much it would be to get my Mavic Mini's front arm repaired. The wires are still in tact and I have superglued it together but it won't hover and drifts to one side.
I live in the UK and am looking to do it through DJI's repair service.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

There were some at aliexpress if I remember correctly.
Need to find the link.
2019-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No idea what DJI repair would charge. However, I repaired one for a friend. He got the replacement part via alliexpress. I watched a disassemble video on YouTube and then broke out my small tools and soldering iron.  Took less than 30 minutes. He is back up and flying with no issues with the repair.  I just hope he learned a lesson and stays away from trees this time.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Here we go, it was ebay not aliexpress:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303383192784?ul_noapp=true
2019-12-30
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can do it yourself(i assume your craft is no longer in warranty due to the crash) it would be fairly cheap, less than £10, if you go with DJI it will be more but i assume with DJI you would then have warranty on the aircraft after they have repaired it. I could guess at numbers, but it would be best if you contact a moderator here for a more exact number.
Edit: Please Don't do it yourself if you don't know what your doing, wouldn't want to cause more damage and a bigger repair cost.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day OK7121. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter. It is best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to fix the said drone and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-30
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 07:47
No idea what DJI repair would charge. However, I repaired one for a friend. He got the replacement part via alliexpress. I watched a disassemble video on YouTube and then broke out my small tools and soldering iron.  Took less than 30 minutes. He is back up and flying with no issues with the repair.  I just hope he learned a lesson and stays away from trees this time.

Thanks for your reply, do you still have the link? If not how much did you roughly pay?
2019-12-30
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-30 09:33
Hello and good day OK7121. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter. It is best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to fix the said drone and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.

I contacted DJI on live chat and they didn’t know how much it would cost.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

OK7121 Posted at 12-30 09:36
I contacted DJI on live chat and they didn’t know how much it would cost.

That is a classic response from DJI...
I guess you dont have the DJI Care refresh?
Somebody crashed their drone without warranty and the fix + shipping was quite high, cannot remember exactly but only shipping was like 90 euro and all went over 200, so try to get a quote from DJI and then decide, it may be better to buy another mini and have "spare parts".
If your warranty is a concern please do not attempt any DIY fix.
Hope it helps.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

OK7121 Posted at 12-30 09:36
I contacted DJI on live chat and they didn’t know how much it would cost.

Thank you for the given update OK7121. With regards to this matter. Our DJI repair team need to assess the said drone physically to check all the components that needs to be repaired or replaced before they can give out the cost. It is best for you to send the drone in for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you but I was out surveying some land.  I contacted my friend and he finally sent me the link to where he purchased the replacement part.  Replacement Arm With Motor  He said the part cost $15.99 US for a new product.  They had a few used but he wanted to go new.  The video on youtube I watched is here    

Like I said it was not hard.  Just be careful when soldering the new motor wires on and don't drop any solder.  If you were local I'd come over and help you right out.  But a bit far to come across the pond.  LOL.
Good luck.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 13:02
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you but I was out surveying some land.  I contacted my friend and he finally sent me the link to where he purchased the replacement part.  Replacement Arm With Motor  He said the part cost $15.99 US for a new product.  They had a few used but he wanted to go new.  The video on youtube I watched is here  How to Replace Arm & Motor  

Like I said it was not hard.  Just be careful when soldering the new motor wires on and don't drop any solder.  If you were local I'd come over and help you right out.  But a bit far to come across the pond.  LOL.

That is actually a very cool video. Although I don't see myself doing that unless I didn't have any warranty/care refresh left. But if I didn't I'd dig right in!!
2019-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Like I said it really isn't that hard to replace the arms with motors.  At least the one I did wasn't.  I have DJI Care Refresh but my friend didn't and I hated to not see him be able to fly.  I learned many skills in my Naval career and many have helped me ever since.
2019-12-30
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 13:02
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you but I was out surveying some land.  I contacted my friend and he finally sent me the link to where he purchased the replacement part.  Replacement Arm With Motor  He said the part cost $15.99 US for a new product.  They had a few used but he wanted to go new.  The video on youtube I watched is here  How to Replace Arm & Motor  

Like I said it was not hard.  Just be careful when soldering the new motor wires on and don't drop any solder.  If you were local I'd come over and help you right out.  But a bit far to come across the pond.  LOL.

Thank you very much.
2019-12-31
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-30 10:41
That is a classic response from DJI...
I guess you dont have the DJI Care refresh?
Somebody crashed their drone without warranty and the fix + shipping was quite high, cannot remember exactly but only shipping was like 90 euro and all went over 200, so try to get a quote from DJI and then decide, it may be better to buy another mini and have "spare parts".

I decided not to get it as I thought I was only going to fly it in fields and i had had drones before. I decided to fly it in the back garden of my grandma’s nursing home to show her and it was very windy and crashed into a window. The other times I had taken it up it was windless.
2019-12-31
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If I send it in and they quote a high charge do I still have to pay anything?
2019-12-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK7121 Posted at 12-31 01:11
If I send it in and they quote a high charge do I still have to pay anything?

Hi, you would need to ask DJI support that, why they don't have an answer for you i don't know. If DJI charge the same labour charge for the Mavic mini as other drones then i would guess the cost would be around 72 euros.
I would take that number with a pinch of salt though, only DJI can give you a real number, it's very strange to me that you can't just say "i have a drone and i want only the front right arm replacing", then DJI can give the cost of the arm part+labour charge+VAT.
2019-12-31
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ben Mason Posted at 12-31 01:50
Hi, you would need to ask DJI support that, why they don't have an answer for you i don't know. If DJI charge the same labour charge for the Mavic mini as other drones then i would guess the cost would be around 72 euros.
I would take that number with a pinch of salt though, only DJI can give you a real number, it's very strange to me that you can't just say "i have a drone and i want only the front right arm replacing", then DJI can give the cost of the arm part+labour charge+VAT.
This was my chat a few days ago.
7F5F2362-3FEE-4437-9D0D-7C334610DA6E.jpeg
D97FCF81-278A-48C5-85A4-700871E4EF55.jpeg
2019-12-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK7121 Posted at 12-31 02:13

I guess they just can't give you a price because they aren't the ones inspecting the unit, so if they gave you a price now it would only be contradicted by the engineer. They also probably don't have access to that information.
£150 seems a bit too high for me, even for DJI, who knows though i have heard stories of people sending drones to DJI for 1 damaged part and DJI quote for everything that is damaged those cases are probably just errors and aren't the norm.
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

OK7121 Posted at 12-31 02:13

Is hard to make a decision, my guess is yes they will charge you some money plus shipping even if you dont do the repair...
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI will not quote until it has been inspected by them.  That's in case they find other damage that you did not notice and they don't desire to be locked into an arbitrary estimate.  I have heard good things about DJI repair costs as well as a few horror stories.  Too bad there isn't a local DJI authorized repair facility.
2019-12-31
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

what do you have done ?
2020-1-21
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 1-21 04:26
what do you have done ?

I have sent it to Drone Doctor in Brighton who is DJI authorised. They haven’t received the parts from DJI yet so they can’t quote me but they said it would be about £90. Will update my original post when the final price comes.
2020-1-21
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

thanks, i have the same issue and wonder how long it will take and what it costs
2020-1-21
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Great video, good to know!!
2020-1-21
Use props
OK7121
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have decided to do it myself due to DJI not sending the repair company any parts and I want it for my holiday in a week.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_b8Xxe5Ci4zTA
New

United States

Don't try this sort of thing while traveling overseas, if you happen to damage your drone it will not be covered by DJI care. The drone is only covered in the country of purchase. So never travel with DJI products to capture your holiday even tho thats what is meant for and advertise for doing! What a nightmare dealing with DJI generic support how can you not be covered by dji care when overseas what a scam!!!
3-17 15:24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_b8Xxe5Ci4zTA Posted at 3-17 15:24
Don't try this sort of thing while traveling overseas, if you happen to damage your drone it will not be covered by DJI care. The drone is only covered in the country of purchase. So never travel with DJI products to capture your holiday even tho thats what is meant for and advertise for doing! What a nightmare dealing with DJI generic support how can you not be covered by dji care when overseas what a scam!!!

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
3-21 06:39
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

From experience, I can say that the most reliable repair of the drone is to send it to dji for repair. You never know what quality of spare parts you can get when ordering from any website, and whether replacing the spare part yourself will be successful, or you might even break the drone completely. In conclusion, repairing it yourself can cost more money and time than having DJI do it.
3-22 02:08
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

_dji_user_ Posted at 3-22 02:08
From experience, I can say that the most reliable repair of the drone is to send it to dji for repair. You never know what quality of spare parts you can get when ordering from any website, and whether replacing the spare part yourself will be successful, or you might even break the drone completely. In conclusion, repairing it yourself can cost more money and time than having DJI do it.

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any need in the future, please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to help!
3-26 17:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules