Chaning modes rapidly
668 12 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1293625 ft
Serbia

Anyone have any idea why on my last two flights flying modes were changing at this rate? I didn't make those changes
https://app.airdata.com/share/RXZnyb
https://app.airdata.com/share/oonRfv

2019-12-30
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the same on some of my flights.
2019-12-30
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I'm new here and still waiting my MM, so I'll ask maybe a stupid question. I have read the manual about P,S and C mode but "what tripod mode means?"
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Debugger Posted at 12-30 13:48
I'm new here and still waiting my MM, so I'll ask maybe a stupid question. I have read the manual about P,S and C mode but "what tripod mode means?"

Tripod mode is the same as c mode.
2019-12-30
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 12-30 13:51
Tripod mode is the same as c mode.

Thanks for the quick reply but I still wondering "why the same mode with 2 different names?"
I try to "read" the log files and I thought that Tripod mode looks like the moments of hovering.

2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

The idea of cinematic mode is that the drone flies with smooth movements to make the video very stable and smooth.  So the effect can be a lot like using a tripod.

I've been amazed at how well the gimbal works and how steady the hovering of this tiny drone can be.  It really can give very steady, smooth video.
2019-12-30
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

I get the same thing in my log files, rapid changing of flight modes but not from any input i'm making.
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Double Post removed.
2019-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is the bottom part of your left thumb touching the top left of the DJI Fly screen and changing the modes
2019-12-30
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Serbia

lannes Posted at 12-30 21:28
Is the bottom part of your left thumb touching the top left of the DJI Fly screen and changing the modes

No, i hold sticks with thumb and point finger together, so they both aproach from sides of rc, not over the phone. But will take a closer look next time to be sure. Thanx
2019-12-30
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Serbia

Flew today and was watching my fingers closely.. there is no chance they were touching screen to make those changes. Noticed that on all my flight logs thete are much more mode changes than i did make. Wonder how many of you have that as well.
2020-1-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I already had something in my logs, but I didn't follow it up because it is not critical.
Had a look on your log .... its nearly impossible to make so many mode chages. You have up to 10 changes in 10 seconds. Maybe that would be ok with a piano app. ;-)
So that must be an error. The question is now whether the mode was actually switched or was it only displayed in the log. Difficult to check. If the button were not on the display,
but a hardware button, I would say the button is stuck and would have to be oiled. ;-)
2020-1-1
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Serbia

jonny007 Posted at 1-1 09:25
I already had something in my logs, but I didn't follow it up because it is not critical.
Had a look on your log .... its nearly impossible to make so many mode chages. You have up to 10 changes in 10 seconds. Maybe that would be ok with a piano app. ;-)
So that must be an error. The question is now whether the mode was actually switched or was it only displayed in the log. Difficult to check. If the button were not on the display,

Thing is i didn't notice any changes during flights, nor later in my footage. All looks smooth. As you say, seems it's not something critical.. at least for now. Last night did complete update to new firmwares and app so will see how it goes in future. Still would love to hear if anyone else had it or it's a lone case.
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules