Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Release Notes (12/31/2019)
1234Next >
39107 127 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cq92OkKDoN5k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4072 ft
United States

Where is DJI fly 1.04 . Cannot fly the lighting environment is too dark. It says in the notes Fly 1.04 can unlock this. Yet Fly 1.04 is not released. Thanks for grounding me. I literally flew on old firmware, updated, and now can't fly indoors due to lighting lock?
2019-12-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_cq92OkKDoN5k Posted at 12-31 18:40
Where is DJI fly 1.04 . Cannot fly the lighting environment is too dark. It says in the notes Fly 1.04 can unlock this. Yet Fly 1.04 is not released. Thanks for grounding me. I literally flew on old firmware, updated, and now can't fly indoors due to lighting lock?

Not sure if you are on iOS or Android, but you can easily get links to either on the following page:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

Note that the page says v1.0.3, but if you click on them, they download v1.0.4.
2019-12-31
Use props
Yellowknife3
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the update/info. Still on the wish list - tracking and sound recording on the phone. Cheers!
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ttBncBzQmrKK
lvl.1
Vietnam

Tested 1.0.4 on S8+, unlock authorization zone worked fine.
This apk install package not yet support Note10+, waiting for new update for it.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_yxchdgQMaLYw
lvl.1
Maldives

KlooGee Posted at 12-31 09:10
Unlocking of blue authorization zones worked for me after this update. However, to get it to work, I had to use the sticks down-and-in method for it to bring up the unlock prompt.  Pressing the auto takeoff button in the app didn’t do anything.

What is “sticks-down and in”? Have a similar issue
Thx in advance
2019-12-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yxchdgQMaLYw Posted at 12-31 22:18
What is “sticks-down and in”? Have a similar issue
Thx in advance

Left stick goes down and to the right and at the same time the right stick goes down and to the left.

Bottom of page 38:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_en_1.pdf
2019-12-31
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

the drone can work in no light its bottom sensors use infrared that bounces off the ground and hits the sensor  so low light means the underside camera cant capture the ground movement the light sensors sense distance the camera senses side to side movement to keep you  from drifting right or left this is why you need light...... the older drones used sonar and a camera the sonar is more expensive and better than infrared leds but more heavy this is why its not used the sensors cant be that small leds can and lighter so cheaper drones use them.. the cameras are 2mp or even 1 just for positioning only kinda like a mouse on your computer but the lens on it is focused to be 3 feet up before it takes a clear pic.. you can disabled this with tape and fly inside  and go under things etc..
2020-1-1
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

dji we want more 5.8 ghz channels.. 5 is not enough.. wed like freq hopping on the drone the phantoms do it aka light bridge etc and that other fancy name you use its just firmware its not hardware if spektrum and futaba can do it with stock 2.4 ghz chips you can too.. my dx8 is old yet they updated it with firmware now it hops all over 2.4..

so we need that and more channels.. we also need  the slider bar that has the H on it to tell us when to come home i miss that the go app and 4 app have it..

we also need you to fix the issue with when the rc looses signal it just hovers and does not return home this is a problem all drones come home after 10 seconds the mini didnt for me several times so if you are over a house or area where you cant access and the battery gets low and it auto lands you are screwed... fix this...

fpv goggle support any 5.8 goggle... when you say enhanced wifi all you do is pic 2 channels for the video and 2 for the rc it does not hop etc.. maybe you scramble encode the 5.8 vido so no one but the app can see it release this so that we can take any fatshark goggle even old ones and use those with the remote and app going just picking up signal... i dont wanna buy 500 dollar your googgles when i own fatsharks...

add a land button to the app, add pause button to the app. add incase the rc does not respond.

2020-1-1
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

Elsmeghead Posted at 2019-12-31 07:28
Be cautious when flying in low light on this firmware.
Please read this description of the video first...

the 2 black sensors dont do position only hight they work in no light or light.. the camera on the bottom it cant see.. its funny though think about it any camera today even cell phones can detect infrared light those light sensors light up the bottom of your floor why cant the camera pick that up....

either the emitters flash so slow that the camera and shutter speed of the camera only pick up in between flashes aka light all dji needs to do is sync the shutter speed to the freq of the infrared light and voila you can fly in total darkness  no ones ever done it im just a really smart person lol so dji take my suggestions geesh lol wanna hire me  for product ideas and improvements lets talk...  also they should of used a 5mp camera i belive its a 2mp  more dpi because i do notice it does drift alittle the ammount of update speeds from the sensors to the esc etc could be speed up.. then again this is mainly hardwear and small tweeks to firmwear and dji can only tweek so much guys the firmware is no diffrent than 3drobotics what they use 3dr used to be open sourced the old drones you yourself could change all settings dji dont let us because well they wanna make sure we dont screw something up and keep proprietary things secret well its not a secret these drones use the same firmwear its a offshoot of 3drobotics  mission planner stuff infact 3dr was the first to do drones and do it with rth etc dji caught on and uses the same thing basically.. sorry dji  but im a smart cookie  i flew the first drone when they came out the dragonflyer flew the first lipos back when people went whats 1c rates how do i charge this lol back when it was manual flight no sensors no gps  so yea i been around the block haha then 3dr came out with a 8 bit arduino based copter and it took off now they are non open sourced and following the dji path of locking out full control.. which makes them safer sure btu for us techies i wanna mess with it
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_yxchdgQMaLYw
lvl.1
Maldives

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 22:37
Left stick goes down and to the right and at the same time the right stick goes down and to the left.

Bottom of page 38:

Thx a lot mate
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_BmSf8pFopR4M
lvl.1

Germany

Crashes on every start on Samsung S10 with Android 10. Worked well for me with v1.03.

PLEASE try to fix immediately. No flying possible anymore.

THX a Lot!
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_yxchdgQMaLYw
lvl.1
Maldives

Hi Guys,

I experience issues with quickshots (new firmware).

I always get “Control Acqusition Failed” after I’m pressing start.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thx
2020-1-1
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

[ p a k a l ] Posted at 2019-12-31 10:53
I could be nice to have RAW photogfraphy on the next update ...

RAW PHOTO on a Beginner Drone? You'll have to wait a long time.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_ttBncBzQmrKK
lvl.1
Vietnam

Tested apk install package on S8+, unlock authorization zone works fine.
Still waiting for the version for Note10+ to be released
2020-1-1
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

Thank You DJI
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_N8D4nYfHLpDg
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 09:10
Unlocking of blue authorization zones worked for me after this update. However, to get it to work, I had to use the sticks down-and-in method for it to bring up the unlock prompt.  Pressing the auto takeoff button in the app didn’t do anything.

I installed the update via the app and it did not work.  Then I connected to my computer, updated again and it still did not work.  This is the first DJI product I've purchased and I just gave up.  I returned the mini to the store.  They said they had several returned earlier that day - same problem.  Granted I didn't know about the trick you used but this was very frustrating.  I have to say the forum is the best part.  My opinion of DJI is in the toilet.
2020-1-1
Use props
[ p a k a l ]
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57608 ft
Luxembourg

Sascha.ES Posted at 1-1 01:26
RAW PHOTO on a Beginner Drone? You'll have to wait a long time.

It's just a firmware limit...
2020-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BmSf8pFopR4M Posted at 1-1 01:05
Crashes on every start on Samsung S10 with Android 10. Worked well for me with v1.03.

PLEASE try to fix immediately. No flying possible anymore.

If it worked well on V1.0.3 then I suspect you got a bad download.  I suggest you uninstall V1.0.4 and delete the DJI folder on your phone.  Reboot phone.  Download the App again from DJI and install.  Sometimes glitches occur during download and without DJI issuing a checksum to verify proper download you just don't know until you open the App the first time.  I hope the 2nd download works for you so you can get back to flying.
2020-1-1
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39649 ft
Singapore

I believe we are suppose to be able to disable the function for low gps signal take off. For mine i check is due to my application still stuck with no update. Means i am using 1.0.3 on the app. And my drone firmware is 1.0.4. Just find it very lame that the app upgrade didn't come tgt with the firmware update.
2020-1-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Romeo Loh Posted at 1-1 08:40
I believe we are suppose to be able to disable the function for low gps signal take off. For mine i check is due to my application still stuck with no update. Means i am using 1.0.3 on the app. And my drone firmware is 1.0.4. Just find it very lame that the app upgrade didn't come tgt with the firmware update.

You can download it directly from the DJI website:

The website shows 1.0.3, but if you click it, it will download v1.0.4.
2020-1-1
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 1-1 09:03

"The website shows 1.0.3, but if you click it, it will download v1.0.3."

Who would have thought...
2020-1-1
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39649 ft
Singapore

KlooGee Posted at 1-1 09:03

Thanks that helps
2020-1-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 1-1 16:32
"The website shows 1.0.3, but if you click it, it will download v1.0.3."

Who would have thought...

Oops, that should have said "it will download v1.0.4".  I'll correct it.
2020-1-1
Use props
ThorDar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302943 ft
Canada

Romeo Loh Posted at 1-1 08:40

Same here.  I have v.1.04 AC, controller and app and I searched all through the settings.  I couldn't find a way to disable it either.

Edit:

Found it.  It only shows up when the message "Unable to take off (no GPS)" appears on the screen.  Tap on that and then another screen appears with an "Unlock" button. Then it changes to "Fly with caution" and on the main screen "Take off with caution (no GPS)".

This only comes up with both low light and fewer than 8 satellites locked.  And it's only for that session.  No way to permanently disable.  So far anyway.
2020-1-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ThorDar Posted at 1-1 18:51
Same here.  I have v.1.04 AC, controller and app and I searched all through the settings.  I couldn't find a way to disable it either.

Just tap on the red error message, it will open up the pre-flight check list and you can hit the blue "unlock" next to the error message description
2020-1-1
Use props
amenophis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397077 ft
Italy

Aggiornato il firmware ma l'applicazione è rimasta la 1.0.3 con android. Risultato??? Mavic mini a terra. non si può volare perchè non c'è abbastanza segnale GPS... risolvete!!!!PS: aspetto volo automatico
2020-1-2
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

Thanks, now please add ActiveTrack and  Panorama
2020-1-2
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Second day flying with update V1.0.4 - Compass error

I had one major problem today every time I powered the MM up at a fixed location I had to re-calibrate the compass a couple of times before the calibration was successful.
As soon as I take off with the drone a read light starts flickering on the back of the drone and on the controller I am prompted to re-calibrate the  compass again.
Following re-calibrating the compass many times with the same result I took a chance and flew the MM anyway, the MM flew with no problems and when I returned the drone to my original departure point even with the compass prompting me to re-calibrate the height and physical position appeared to be correct.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Mm2TzfOMJEgc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30374 ft
Poland

In my case, after upgrading the software from version v01.00.0300 to version v01.00.0400 I have the following symptoms:

+ Unlocking blue zones works correctly. I unlocked one of the blue regions on the self-unlock website, the data was imported into the application - I didn't fly there today, but I assume there will be no problems.

- After take off I cannot change the flight mode (P/S/C). I clicked on both - in the flight preview (upper left corner) and the menu, only after the drone restart it was possible to change the mode.
- When I have AE Lock enabled and I try to use +/- EV, AE unlocks automatically
- Several times I had a message that the controller was not connected to the phone, which had not happened before (Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, android 9)
- At the first start I received information about outdated firmware (yesterday I updated the application, firmware of the drone and controller), which however disappeared after a few seconds (yesterday version version v01.00.0400 was already installed, I'm sure about that).

I didn't notice any more bugs, but I only flew 20 minutes.
2020-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Discussion and demonstration of some of the new features in the firmware update.

2020-1-2
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

KlooGee Posted at 1-2 08:59
Discussion and demonstration of some of the new features in the firmware update.

https://youtu.be/iQwhpr9e2Fg

Thanks KlooGee very informative and solved my problem with MM compass wanting to be calibrated continuously, I was flying close to radio antennas and a HT power substation. All perfect for creating electronic interference. I was lucky got away with some great footage but could of lost my MM just as easily. Prior to watching your video I was getting ready to send my MM to my local DJI shop for an inspection.   
2020-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 1-2 10:21
Thanks KlooGee very informative and solved my problem with MM compass wanting to be calibrated continuously, I was flying close to radio antennas and a HT power substation. All perfect for creating electronic interference. I was lucky got away with some great footage but could of lost my MM just as easily. Prior to watching your video I was getting ready to send my MM to my local DJI shop for an inspection.

Glad to hear you found it useful!  That does sound like a fairly tricky situation for it. Hopefully you have many fun and safe flights ahead!
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_UIj4GBpi0H9C
New

Chile

Estimados
Adquiri con ustedes el Dron Mavic Mini, pero lamentablemente no funciona la aplicación DJI FLY.
No puedo probarlo, no funciona nada...

Instale la aplicación desde play store 1.0.3: Error, pantalla blanca y traba Instale
la aplicación directo desde la página de DJI 1.0.4: Error, pantalla blanca y traba

Desintale la aplicación, limpieza completa, sonda instalar 1.0.4, mismo problema

Especificaciones del movil:
Samsung s10
Android 10: Android Oficial, NO beta.

Investigando en la Web, me doy cuenta que este problema ya lleva 2 meses sin solucion, desde que salio la version android 10

¿Alguna recomendación?
Se pago un buen dineral por el Dron, me parece injusto que no funcione, ya sabiendo que llevan mas de 2 meses, veo que no podre usarlo un buen tiempo.

Espero pronta respuesta!!

Saludos
2020-1-2
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39022 ft
Philippines

I lost my mini last december 21, 2019 and can't control it eventhough I have 19satellites. Can you please replace my drone? Also I check error not enough force/esc error and also I return it to home but it flyaway from the homepoint.
2020-1-3
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Works beautifully. Thank you!
2020-1-3
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 09:10

Can confirm that I had to do this as well.

I thought this was by design, but it would be nice to be able to unlock when I press the takeoff button.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-1-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cal Evans Posted at 1-3 05:14
Can confirm that I had to do this as well.

I thought this was by design, but it would be nice to be able to unlock when I press the takeoff button.

Yeah, I really don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with the button.  The only reason I can imagine would be to try to limit those that haven't educated themselves from flying in these areas.
2020-1-3
Use props
rumakski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3271 ft
United Kingdom

Also If you have the fly more combo do not forget to update the extra batteries although it should tell you when you insert one in the app
2020-1-3
Use props
Part107
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Fly 1.0.4 app is live on the Google Play store
2020-1-3
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
United States

rumakski Posted at 1-3 08:14
Also If you have the fly more combo do not forget to update the extra batteries although it should tell you when you insert one in the app

It's odd but I did not get a notice about upgrading my batteries.

=C=
2020-1-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules