How I override the low light / no take off when flying indoors.
16414 53 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 06:48
OK....... so using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I updated the MM and each of the 3 batteries, as well as the RC.

I  powered up the MM in the basement, and got a lock out, which I was easily able to override. I will attach screenshots of the sequence (in order) which should be pretty self explanatory - picture 2, you tap on the "Unable to take off" warning to get to the next screen, and of course you then tap on "Unlock". After this, I hovered as usual, still as stable, with no issues what so ever, other than a couple of low light warnings which I had never seen before when hovering in this same location. (I probably should set up a screen recorder to capture those).

Thanks, that's great.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 08:12
Sorry, off topic here, but what are your thoughts on your osmo 3?

Great stability when shooting video. Nice set of features, although some are only available for ios and not Android.

I guess it does what it's designed to do, but I have not used it as much as I thought I would.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 08:22
Great stability when shooting video. Nice set of features, although some are only available for ios and not Android.

I guess it does what it's designed to do, but I have not used it as much as I thought I would.

I would imagine that it would be for certain purposes. I could see using it for weddings, public events, family gatherings, etc though. I guess if I were more of a vlogger it would come in handy. Appreciate the thoughts!!
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 08:26
I would imagine that it would be for certain purposes. I could see using it for weddings, public events, family gatherings, etc though. I guess if I were more of a vlogger it would come in handy. Appreciate the thoughts!!

"I guess if I were more of a vlogger it would come in handy."

My thoughts exactly!!
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

You're very welcome!
2019-12-31
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
Flight distance : 15880722 ft
  • >>>
Greece

lannes Posted at 12-31 08:04
Yes . it requests you to do so , there should be a message on the front page of the DJI Fly app before you enter the camera view. For each different battery you need to restart the DJI Fly app each time, otherwise you won't get the battery upgrade message

Thank you all for your replies.. All 3 batteries updated! The dji fly app still in old version.. No update yet in play store
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 12-31 07:56
For me it was different. I have included screen record just to avoid confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBM1ecOmprg

Only the first message with the unlock is the lock message
The second one is no problem. No gps just fly with caution
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-31 09:03
Only the first message with the unlock is the lock message
The second one is no problem. No gps just fly with caution

I think we are meaning the same thing. My apologies, at first I thought you were talking about authorization unlock, but now I think we are meaning the same. Thanks Niknik!! Love your videos and looking forward to more from you!!
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all for sharing your update experiences. After I got home much earlier I updated Fly App. Then updated RC and AC. Had to force close App each time to update all 5 batteries.  Then couldn't resist to head out to fly, thankfully wind and weather was cooperative.

Did all my usual pre-flight checks and calibrated compass.  Switched to new fully charged battery and took off. Something changed dramatically in new firmware as I got in a full 29 minute flight with 18% battery at landing.  Previously I was averaging about 23 minutes per battery. I couldn't believe it so tried again with 2nd battery and got 28 minutes.  Both flights were under same conditions and distances. I'm amazed and happy about this change. Hope your batteries see same results.
2019-12-31
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Tap the Red location icon
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 12-31 09:09
I think we are meaning the same thing. My apologies, at first I thought you were talking about authorization unlock, but now I think we are meaning the same. Thanks Niknik!! Love your videos and looking forward to more from you!!

Next year I will have more and first of all test the  new firmware . So Happy new year
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-31 09:48
Next year I will have more and first of all test the  new firmware . So Happy new year

May you have a very safe, prosperous and happy New Year in all you do Niknik!!!
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 12-31 10:12
May you have a very safe, prosperous and happy New Year in all you do Niknik!!!

Thank you and I hope the same for you
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_8Nq9LrJsY4xs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

StubbornSwiss Posted at 2019-12-31 06:48
OK....... so using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I updated the MM and each of the 3 batteries, as well as the RC.

I  powered up the MM in the basement, and got a lock out, which I was easily able to override. I will attach screenshots of the sequence (in order) which should be pretty self explanatory - picture 2, you tap on the "Unable to take off" warning to get to the next screen, and of course you then tap on "Unlock". After this, I hovered as usual, still as stable, with no issues what so ever, other than a couple of low light warnings which I had never seen before when hovering in this same location. (I probably should set up a screen recorder to capture those).

Your advice is great news, I will fly tonight thank you
1-20 05:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules