Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the message I got was something in regards to keeping versions matching. Not the exact wording but the meaning. I updated all three of my batteries as well.
2019-12-31
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

It's way too much to expect, but it would be slick if the charger hub would allow battery fw update via DJI Assistant.  Anybody tried that?

Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rasworth Posted at 12-31 09:30
It's way too much to expect, but it would be slick if the charger hub would allow battery fw update via DJI Assistant.  Anybody tried that?

Richard Southworth

The way I did it is a little cumbersome, I agree. I have not tried that with the hub. That would be awesome if it could work that way. I'll plug mine up to my computer and see what Assistant2 will recognize all three at once.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The hubs micro USB port doesn't seem to provide a data connection. My computer doesn't even recognize anything being connected when I plug it in. I even tried holding the power button and that didn't work either. It was an awesome idea though.
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My laptop wouldn't recognize hub so no easy firmware update for me. LOL. However that was a good idea to try.
2019-12-31
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Just curious if anyone knows if the battery that is installed in the drone updates with the drone? I never did get a prompt to update the battery that was in the drone when I updated the drone itself however the other 2 batteries prompted me to update them. I just want to make sure all 3 of my batteries are updated properly.
2019-12-31
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

As I stated too much to expect.  Everything does seem to work well with the new fw and app updates.  My neighbor encouraged me to tease her dog.

Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Every time that you install new firmware you need to install all batteries
2019-12-31
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

I apologize for taking my own thread off course.  To The Watchmen News, there is no separate notification for the battery at the first FW update.  You're ok, each additional pass with a new battery gives the somewhat ambiguous message that something else needs updating.  I'm curious to know if on each succeeding cycle only the battery receives an update or also (redundantly) the AC.

Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

rasworth Posted at 12-31 09:50
I apologize for taking my own thread off course.  To The Watchmen News, there is no separate notification for the battery at the first FW update.  You're ok, each additional pass with a new battery gives the somewhat ambiguous message that something else needs updating.  I'm curious to know if on each succeeding cycle only the battery receives an update or also (redundantly) the AC.

Richard Southworth

Thank you for your reply. Yea I even put the battery that I updated the aircraft with in a second time after I updated the other 2 batteries to see if it would pop up but nothing came up. One thing DJI might want to change is that the app automatically went into camera view on the other 2 batteries and I had to back up the app to the Fly Now screen to see that there was an update available.
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. For updating the firmware of the battery. I would recommend to please connect the battery that needs to be updated to the drone during a firmware update/refresh using the DJI Assistant 2. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 at ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) and I will be posting an official DJI Video Tutorial of the said process. Thank you.

2019-12-31
Use props
Dano99
lvl.2
Canada

Had to do the same, each battery separately not a big deal.
2019-12-31
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin,

The tutorial says nothing about repeating the FW update process for each battery, which is the point of this thread.  Perhaps that should be added.

Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-31 09:53
Thank you for your reply. Yea I even put the battery that I updated the aircraft with in a second time after I updated the other 2 batteries to see if it would pop up but nothing came up. One thing DJI might want to change is that the app automatically went into camera view on the other 2 batteries and I had to back up the app to the Fly Now screen to see that there was an update available.

I think you've already got your answer but yes, the battery in the mini is updated at the same time as when the mini is updated. So the rest of your spare batteries would need to be updated individually.
2019-12-31
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this post, I hadn't realised my other two batteries needed an update, hadn't even realised the current battery had been updated.  All done CHEERS!
2019-12-31
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

So the next question is what does the FW in the "intelligent" battery actually control?  RTH threshold?  Maximum charge cut-off?  And why has it been modified multiple times?  Anybody have a clue?

Richard Southworth
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rasworth Posted at 12-31 09:43
As I stated too much to expect.  Everything does seem to work well with the new fw and app updates.  My neighbor encouraged me to tease her dog.

Richard Southworth[view_image]

It doesn't look like the dog likes it very much, but that is very funny!!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rasworth Posted at 12-31 10:59
So the next question is what does the FW in the "intelligent" battery actually control?  RTH threshold?  Maximum charge cut-off?  And why has it been modified multiple times?  Anybody have a clue?

Richard Southworth

I would like to know this myself.
2019-12-31
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

The Watchman News Posted at 12-31 09:42
Just curious if anyone knows if the battery that is installed in the drone updates with the drone? I never did get a prompt to update the battery that was in the drone when I updated the drone itself however the other 2 batteries prompted me to update them. I just want to make sure all 3 of my batteries are updated properly.

Yes it does
2019-12-31
Use props
Durlano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90453 ft
North Macedonia

Hi.  My antivirus reports dji assistant 2 as malware (visionstarter.exe to be exact) so i cant install or use it. Can firmware update for the all three batteries can be done using the dji fly app?
2019-12-31
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

HomePoint Posted at 12-31 10:56
Thanks for this post, I hadn't realised my other two batteries needed an update, hadn't even realised the current battery had been updated.  All done CHEERS!

Guys, I am not understanding this thread.  I have 3 batteries.  I updated the firmware with battery #1 in.  When I power up the MM with either of the other 2 batteries, I get no prompt about updating anything.  Where does any documentation mention anything about firmware in the batteries?  I have never heard of such a thing.  Running 01.00.0400 in the RC and same number for the aircraft and 1.0.4 for the DJY Fly App and 01.00.01.17 for the Flysafe Database on iPhone7+ no problem.  “Check for Updates”  says firmware up to date.

Thanks,
Bob
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AE1M Posted at 12-31 12:49
Guys, I am not understanding this thread.  I have 3 batteries.  I updated the firmware with battery #1 in.  When I power up the MM with either of the other 2 batteries, I get no prompt about updating anything.  Where does any documentation mention anything about firmware in the batteries?  I have never heard of such a thing.  Running 01.00.0400 in the RC and same number for the aircraft and 1.0.4 for the DJY Fly App and 01.00.01.17 for the Flysafe Database on iPhone7+ no problem.  “Check for Updates”  says firmware up to date.

The battery update won't show up by checking for new firmware. For me it showed up on the first screen where the Go Fly button is at. Once the update was completed, I had to shut down the fly app and the mini, insert the next battery and then update that one. The battery that was in the mini when the update was performed, also updated that battery at the same time. It didn't recognize there was an update for the battery until I force closed the fly app and then opened it back up. Not sure if that helps or not, but that is how it worked for me.
2019-12-31
Use props
Durlano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90453 ft
North Macedonia

AE1M Posted at 12-31 12:49
Guys, I am not understanding this thread.  I have 3 batteries.  I updated the firmware with battery #1 in.  When I power up the MM with either of the other 2 batteries, I get no prompt about updating anything.  Where does any documentation mention anything about firmware in the batteries?  I have never heard of such a thing.  Running 01.00.0400 in the RC and same number for the aircraft and 1.0.4 for the DJY Fly App and 01.00.01.17 for the Flysafe Database on iPhone7+ no problem.  “Check for Updates”  says firmware up to date.

Well i got it right. I just use the dji fly app.
- connect everything
- Wait a bit on the main screen - New firmware update prompt. do an update - it will update the drone the remote and battery automatically.
- disconnect the remote control (drone already is powered off)
- change the 2nd battery into the drone
- start everything
- wait a bit on the main screen the message for a battery update will be prompted. do it and that's it.
- repeat for the next battery
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Durlano Posted at 12-31 12:42
Hi.  My antivirus reports dji assistant 2 as malware (visionstarter.exe to be exact) so i cant install or use it. Can firmware update for the all three batteries can be done using the dji fly app?

Sorry for the late reply as I see you've got your batts updated. Assistant 2 is safe to use. But you can update all devices either with the fly app or assistant 2 which ever your preference.
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a bit about the battery and what it does:

The battery has an embedded controller in it.  The controller has firmware on it and it is machine code for the onboard microprocessor. It appears that this information is proprietary in nature.  The firmware is used for many things.  The checksum used by the firmware ensures that only legitimate firmware is used.  This controller firmware enables the AC firmware to read values from the smart battery which is why an AC firmware update requires a battery firmware update. Also, in the controller firmware is coding to ensure the battery is not overcharged and to communicate the battery’s present status (i.e. remaining voltage, current, temperature, charge level).  This part of the system is called the Smart Battery System or SBS if you prefer acronyms.

The firmware in the AC’s System Management Bus queries the battery for data either on broadcast or on request.  The SBS, based on data received, can then set particular values.  The primary function of the battery pack’s intelligence is to safely charge and discharge any expected battery chemistry.  Another function of the battery’s checksum is to keep an attacker (hacker) from taking control of the battery’s controller and changing values making it unsafe to use at a certain temperature creating a fire and/or explosion. Bet you never thought about this aspect.  Now you can see how the AC knows when it is time to RTH based on values received from the battery.
2019-12-31
Use props
BC71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35394 ft
United States

Didnt know this, thanks for the info
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules