Confusion about Serial Numbers
9139 11 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

as you can see in the screenshot there is 2 times listed the remote controller serial number.. and none of the 2 correspond to the remote controller serial number printed on the qrcode on the back...

additionally in the DJI Fly app the serial number listed under Account - Flight log - All drones is NOT the Drone serial number but one of the 2 remote controller serial numbers described before..

pls make things more clear.. this is really confusing!!
20191231_193931.jpg
20191231_200519.jpg
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The serial numbers of the mini is listed on the box that it came in. The AC serial in the fly app doesn't match for whatever reason. Use the one from the box instead.
2019-12-31
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

JodyB Posted at 12-31 10:47
The serial numbers of the mini is listed on the box that it came in. The AC serial in the fly app doesn't match for whatever reason. Use the one from the box instead.

I know that.. I am just reporting that there is big confusion about serial numbers..
To activate DJI Care Refresh I used the one on the box
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree. Like Jody said several times before in other threads DJI should have done a better job in annotating where the markings are\were. Doesn't cost much more to add a sheet inside the box with AC and RC serial #s.
2019-12-31
Use props
kalaf150
lvl.2
Greece

use the second S/N το DJI self unlock!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

spanzetta Posted at 12-31 11:00
I know that.. I am just reporting that there is big confusion about serial numbers..
To activate DJI Care Refresh I used the one on the box

It's been reported many times and has been acknowledged by the forum moderators and admins that they are passing it on to the respective department.

That being said, should they match? I think so.  Does DJI have other reasoning as to why they don't match? I don't know. They haven't came out and said. That is the part that a lot of people on here have found out about DJI. They aren't very forthcoming with what you and I consider important like this one. Or like no 32 bit fly app, no manual control of photo mode, etc etc.

Something as simple as what DowntownRDB mentioned seems to elude them for some reason.

2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Yeah..... way too much confusion regarding serial numbers. Unfortunately DJI has failed to address this.

Soo....... am I to understand that should I need to do a 'self unlock' I am going to require a serial number?

And if so, which serial number(s) exactly?

Cheers!
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Controller serial number
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. The Flight Controller Serial Number is used for Geo Zone Unlocking. In addition. I will be posting the link for the DJI Fly Safe Self Unlocking.  If you have further inquiry or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

2020-1-1
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

ok and why there are 2 different serial numbers shown for Remote controller? (see my screenshot at initial post)
maybe one is transmitter and one is receiver?
2020-1-1
Use props
Frank C
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

first serial is for Aircraft  , 1SCCCGB ......
2020-4-15
Use props
Frank C
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

1WF .... For remote controller
2020-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now