Battery percentage still white?
1919 23 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Yes we had an update and all is well.......but they forgot the white battery percentage I can't make out how much battery life is left unless I find a dark background. otherwise thanks for the update.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only the battery percentage, but also, GPS, signal strength indicator and flight time as well. None of those are easy to see IMHO.
2019-12-31
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 11:43
Not only the battery percentage, but also, GPS, signal strength indicator and flight time as well. None of those are easy to see IMHO.

Yes forgot those you think we have to wait for the next update for them to take care of this?????
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

One can hope we will get it in the next update. Plenty of users were begging for manual camera control almost as much as blue zone unlock but we didn't get it or any of the other features that were asked for. But I feel this is one of the top things that should get done because that is some important information in my mind.
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree wholeheartedly.  Who in their right mind decided that white letters on whatever background is there will be readable.  If you think about this if you can't read these key factors it really does become a safety of flight issue.  Might be time for me to send another letter to the CEO of DJI.  LOL, not that the last letter did any good or even got read for that matter.  
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Plus it would be nice when I go to the Flight Data Center in the app to be able to see the distance and height of my flights in feet and not in meters!

Plus it would be nice if the serial numbers that show up in the app matched the actual serial numbers of my AC and RC.

Plus a whole lot of other things - little and large.

Yup...... me thinks we have a long ways to go yet with things!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 13:56
Plus it would be nice when I go to the Flight Data Center in the app to be able to see the distance and height of my flights in feet and not in meters!

Plus it would be nice if the serial numbers that show up in the app matched the actual serial numbers of my AC and RC.

My flight data center shows feet and not meters for me. Not sure why yours wouldn’t?? I'd like to get rid of those Chinese characters in the settings though.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 14:15
My flight data center shows feet and not meters for me. Not sure why yours wouldn’t?? I'd like to get rid of those Chinese characters in the settings though.

Thats strange! Was it a setting you changed, if I may ask?
Mine is definitely  'm' for meters!!
And I believe you are on an iPhone, right? I am on a Samsung S9+.

2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

One thing at a time for now HAPPY NEW YEAR
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-31 14:32
One thing at a time for now HAPPY NEW YEAR

And a Happy New Year to you too.

We are just discussing. Nothing wrong with that
2019-12-31
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 14:27

In settings there an option I believe you have to put imperial instead of mm hope this helps.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 12-31 14:34
In settings there an option I believe you have to put imperial instead of mm hope this helps.

Yes, I have that set to imperial, and it affects the flight screen, but unfortunately does not change the unit in the Flight Data Center.
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 14:34
And a Happy New Year to you too.

We are just discussing. Nothing wrong with that

Yes nothing wrong just enjoy the first day of the new year
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 14:27

I don’t recall changing anything but the imperial settiing. I hope this screenshot works to where you can see.
202F655F-DE77-4A53-9D0D-9EA30CBF0863.png
2019-12-31
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 14:36
Yes, I have that set to imperial, and it affects the flight screen, but unfortunately does not change the unit in the Flight Data Center.

check this out.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 15:22
I don’t recall changing anything but the imperial settiing. I hope this screenshot works to where you can see.

JodyB......... yeah, like I said, I have the imperial units selected under Control in settings.

However, for me, that only affects AC height and distance when actually flying on the main screen.

My Flight Data Center continues to show me meters.

Very strange!
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I have forwarded this thread/follow up inquiry for this request for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 2019-12-31 11:43
Not only the battery percentage, but also, GPS, signal strength indicator and flight time as well. None of those are easy to see IMHO.

@DJI, your developer team really needs to consider this change as really falls under a safety of flight issue.   This is not just a nice thing to update but a priority to add quickly.  Thanks for your assistance in getting this issue in front of the Development Manager.
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 07:48
@DJI, your developer team really needs to consider this change as really falls under a safety of flight issue.   This is not just a nice thing to update but a priority to add quickly.  Thanks for your assistance in getting this issue in front of the Development Manager.

+1, I feel this is a real safety concern being able to just SEE this data on the screen.
2020-1-3
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Sent email waiting for response Hopefully will be taken care of soon.
2020-1-5
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-3 18:20
They need to place a dark menu bar across the top for contrast as in the Go app.  Won't look as fresh but at least it is functional.

The other option would be monitoring the video image color at the top of the screen & inverting the upper telemetry to  a dark color when the imagery is light.

That would be really overthinking things. They could just have white text with black outline and be done with it... movie subtitles have been doing this for decades....
2020-1-5
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

Its been a while now - we need a drop shadow and slightly bigger font on the battery percent (plus other things like GPS etc..) -  URGENTLY!!
DJI - Can we get some feedback on when this will be changed in the iOS APP?
2020-1-20
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Sys_Admin Posted at 1-20 04:24
Its been a while now - we need a drop shadow and slightly bigger font on the battery percent (plus other things like GPS etc..) -  URGENTLY!!
DJI - Can we get some feedback on when this will be changed in the iOS APP?

Would you believe I am still going back and forth with DJI about this issue, she is telling me to find another place where I can fly?????????? use another phone??????

Abbey (DJI Support)
1月24日 CST09:18

Hi Luis,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have asked you previously about the following information:

-Current firmware version of our DJI Mavic Mini.
- Current version of DJI Fly app installed in your iPhone X.

Have you also tried other phones aside from your iPhone X? Have you also tried to fly your Mavic Mini to an open field? It seems that the white indicator you are seeing is due to the fact that you are not getting GPS signal and that the area where you are flying has a lot of GPS interference. I suggest you try other locations and if possible an open field.

Also, if you still wish to have someone contact you over the phone, I can endorse this to one of our supervisors. Just provide us the best time to call and the best number to reach you.

Thank you again for your time. Have a great day ahead!

Best Regards,

Abbey

DJI Technical Support

Can some moderator or someone that works at DJI please read this Post.
2020-1-24
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

Savage3006 Posted at 1-24 14:31
Would you believe I am still going back and forth with DJI about this issue, she is telling me to find another place where I can fly?????????? use another phone??????

Abbey (DJI Support)

Freak that is a scary answer.. very annoying and really worrying that support has a lack of understanding like this.

DJI you need to sort this out!

ADD A DROP SHADOW, INCREASE FONT SIZE ON THE IOS APP DISPLAY FOR BATTERY % and GPS ETC..
WE CAN'T READ IT ON THE PHONE EASILY ENOUGH WHEN FLYING.
ALSO can we get a WIND SPEED INDICATOR too while you at it.
2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules