DJI Fly App - Samsung S10+ Android 10 USA vs world
1262 4 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

I am seeing a trend so I wanted to create another thread as if we need another!!!   The trend I am seeing is Samsung S10 + after the android 10 update people are seeing that the Fly app is not working. However, the USA folks with the same phone and android update there is no issue. I am with T-Mobile. I was forced to do the andriod 10 update and I still have no issues. So lets take a poll here...

Folks please post Country, Android version, and before android update did it work and if so, after the android update to 10, does it still work and your cell provider.

Example: USA, Current andriod version 10, and before and after andriod update no issues with the DJI Fly app, T-Mobile provider.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This will probably provide some valuable insight. It is believed the cause to be a difference between the processor of the US version of the phone and the rest of the world's version of the phone. Mayeb we can get some good information that can be used with this.
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 12:25
This will probably provide some valuable insight. It is believed the cause to be a difference between the processor of the US version of the phone and the rest of the world's version of the phone. Mayeb we can get some good information that can be used with this.

Very true Jody.  That's why there are different firmware updates for Exynos Processors and Snapdragon processors.  If you flash the wrong firmware you will have an expensive brick.  In addition, stateside wireless carrier have to certify the firmware update to operate on their networks before they release it via OTA.  I read in a different forum where DJI is working with Samsung to get the S10 issues fixed.  Hope they do this soon so everybody can enjoy flying the MM.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 13:54
Very true Jody.  That's why there are different firmware updates for Exynos Processors and Snapdragon processors.  If you flash the wrong firmware you will have an expensive brick.  In addition, stateside wireless carrier have to certify the firmware update to operate on their networks before they release it via OTA.  I read in a different forum where DJI is working with Samsung to get the S10 issues fixed.  Hope they do this soon so everybody can enjoy flying the MM.

I remember reading that. That’s where I drew the difference in processors as a possibility.
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate to say it but the easiest way to fix display compatibility is for DJI to build it into the remote controller.  I'm sure the reason they don't is because it would run the cost up several hundred dollars more.  Or they don't desire to run into data/wifi connectivity issues with thousands of carriers worldwide.  But that is only my guess.  

So far I haven't heard of anybody having DJI Fly App issues with the Samsung Galaxy S10+ 5G smartphone.  Probably because the lack of available 5G coverage there are many 5G phones out yet.  
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules