Crystal Sky works great with the Autel Evo
3799 12 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

The Autel Evo Explorer software works great with the Crystal Sky. I ordered the Autel Evo as I really want to get away from DJI systems. I verified that it worked. Please see this video for more information;

I was very pleased when I talked with these folks at Autel as they picked the phone right up and answered all sorts of technical questions. It is a US based technical support so it was not the canned DJI type response "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you" Very refreshing to be able top talk with them. They are known for their great support.  

2019-12-31
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

Nice from DJI!

2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video regarding the DJI CrystalSky. Just a friendly reminder that the Autel Evo is not yet tested by our DJI support team and we cant guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said drone to the DJI CrystalSky. Safe flying and thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-1
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Look at the BS response from that DJI guy... hahah...

Good to know that you tested the Autel Evo App.. I think we'll find a lot of apps from competitive drones running on the CrystalSky AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT INSTALL V3 of the Firmware.... recently released.... V3 (allegedly ;-)) cripples the installation of APKs that are possible in V2.06.06.00....

A lot of us are migrating away from DJI drones and the extra bright screen of CS will come in handy when flying other than DJI drones....
What I find funny is that the delay on the Autel is less than with a DJI drone ahhaah....

Well done DJI, well done.... (watch DJI thank me for my support because of this line hahahha)
That fact that DJI didn't test it is a bonus because surely they would do everything to stop that from working...

2020-1-1
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 11:31
Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video regarding the DJI CrystalSky. Just a friendly reminder that the Autel Evo is not yet tested by our DJI support team and we cant guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said drone to the DJI CrystalSky. Safe flying and thank you for your valued support.

Paladin,

I am at least finding some use for the Crystal Sky.

You guys should be supporting your tablet better than you are so that we could fly DJI quads with your own tablet. The Mavic Mini should have been supported and while I know that 64 bit programs are on the horizon, there is no reason that the Mavic Mini could not have been also put in the DJI Go suite to support this equipment.

Your support in general is pathetic at best. I need to start migrating away from DJI hence my purchase of the Autel Evo!
2020-1-2
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I just got my Autel Evo and am very pleased. These folks were great at answering all questions and steering me in the right direction. I already called them for tech support on something, got right through and they spoke in clear English. Big difference from what DJI calls support.
DJI what happened to you guys??
2020-1-10
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 14:42
I just got my Autel Evo and am very pleased. These folks were great at answering all questions and steering me in the right direction. I already called them for tech support on something, got right through and they spoke in clear English. Big difference from what DJI calls support.

Nice... Check this out... I'm drooling....

auteldrones. com/pages/evo2

I'm just gunna mop up the drool and say gimme.... I'm replacing my M2 with this.... decided.. and software works on the CS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO.....

Se ya later DJI, you incompetent lazy mules... and don't worry, I'm spreading the word about your contempt to your "customers"..
"Thanks for your understanding...." HAHHAHA
2020-1-10
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 14:42
I just got my Autel Evo and am very pleased. These folks were great at answering all questions and steering me in the right direction. I already called them for tech support on something, got right through and they spoke in clear English. Big difference from what DJI calls support.

Make sure you're posting videos made with the EVO on here so that other potential customers can get a drone with some great support..
2020-1-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

This is great news!
I've been looking at the Autel EVO since last year cause the M2 is just over priced for my needs... Happy to see other companies stepping in the game.
Is not good for any company to be leaders alone, cause they don't improve due to lack of competition, DJI support is a joke, I heard rumors way before I got near this forum and they all are confirmed, I mean I love the mini, but not the way DJI has done things and the way they communicate (or lack off).

The Skidio 2 and Autel evo 2 are awesome drones with great cameras, good price too, so my guess is once DJI starts to feel the lack of new users or them migrating to other manufacturers they will have to change, or die... I mean lack of communication is a joke, and limiting their devices compatibility too.

Knowing that the Autel Evo app works with CS is awesome, more videos please!
2020-1-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-2-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this info.
2020-2-27
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing this info
2020-3-12
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 11:31

LOL

"appreciate your understanding"
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules