22377 69 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings:

I have set my preferred units under ‘Settings’ > ‘Control’ to Imperial.

Under the ‘Safety’ tab, where I set up max. height/distance and RTH height, the units are imperial.

On the main flying screen, the units (speed, height & distance) are all imperial.

Yet when I pull up my Flight Data Center, I am getting metric units, with height and distance in metres.

I am using a Samsung S9+, and all my software/firmware on all devices is up to date.

Having the AC & RC on and connected does not change anything.

I would appreciate any help from DJI as well as the numerous knowledgeable people on the forum.

Thanks!

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

I've noticed the same thing and I agree I'd prefer if my flight logs were displayed in the app with the same units I've selected to display during flight.

I could be mistaken but I think I've seen some others mention this as well. I don't think this is the result of what device you are connecting to your controller, more likely it's just the way the Fly app is functioning on its current version.

The Mavic Mini and Fly app are still very new, so I'd imagine this will be addressed in a future update after the developers get through addressing more critical issues, but this is just a guess.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for trouble. Regarding this concern. I will be forwarding this information/thread to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Buko2R3OiiSn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 16:18
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for trouble. Regarding this concern. I will be forwarding this information/thread to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

Also curious. As i woulf prefer imperial units in the log too.
2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_Buko2R3OiiSn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 16:18

Also curious. As i would prefer imperial units in the log too.
2020-1-31
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny on my iPad it’s correct but on the Samsung s10+ it is not correct. It has been this way on all of the releases so far.
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Buko2R3OiiSn Posted at 1-31 18:34
Also curious. As i woulf prefer imperial units in the log too.

Hi. Thank you for additional information. With regards to this matter. Rest assured that this matter has already been cascaded to the designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-2-3
Use props
JeffC68
lvl.1
United States

Unsure if it's related but when I enable subtitles on my recorded flight, all of the measurements are in meters irrespective of what units I set in the app.

I also noticed that H.S and V.S show as n/a.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_tUwqhzW7deYS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485390 ft
United States

Has this been resolved yet? I can't seem to find out how to get it to go to imperial units in my logs.
2020-4-9
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Translation is also not the best.
If the language is Italian all the writings should comply, and also the audio.
2020-4-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I just received my Mavic Mini this week and am still figuring things out, I also would like to switch Flight Data Center logs to Imperial, thank you!
2020-6-28
Use props
BladeShark
New
Flight distance : 26778 ft
United States

It seems this issue is still outstanding.  I'm getting metric as well on my Flight Data Center even though I'm set up for Imperial in other areas.
2020-8-6
Use props
BladeShark
New
Flight distance : 26778 ft
United States

It seems this issue is still outstanding.  I'm getting metric as well on my Flight Data Center even though I'm set up for Imperial in other areas.
2020-8-6
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

Still an issue.
2020-8-8
Use props
ZippyScooter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1017257 ft
United States

DJI, for the Mavic Mini...
Please give us in update soon to have choice to change the Recorded Data Log to Imperial / English for Mavic Mini.
Thank you DJI to consider.
2020-8-10
Use props
Mustang Mike
New

United States

I am interested in seeing this fixed sooner than later, please!
2020-9-17
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Best long term solution:  Get the US to get off our stupid imperial measurement and switch to metric.  However that is a whole other issue.
2020-9-17
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Shantok Posted at 1-31 18:43
Funny on my iPad it’s correct but on the Samsung s10+ it is not correct. It has been this way on all of the releases so far.

Me too. Ipad pro works fine, samsung s9+ doesnt
2020-9-17
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-17 10:18
Best long term solution:  Get the US to get off our stupid imperial measurement and switch to metric.  However that is a whole other issue.

2020-9-24
Use props
dunejeeper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201171 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 10:52
Hi. Thank you for additional information. With regards to this matter. Rest assured that this matter has already been cascaded to the designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Where we at on this? Seems like this forum is getting stale with no resolution.
2020-10-18
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-17 10:18

I remember when I was a youngster, they talked about the US going metric. Obviously never happened.
So we get to work with both standards, need 2 sets of tools etc.
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dunejeeper Posted at 10-18 16:49
Where we at on this? Seems like this forum is getting stale with no resolution.

Imperial was added weeks ago...
2020-10-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-19 11:07
Imperial was added weeks ago...

It was?  In the Flight Data Center and flight replays on either my #$%^&* iPhone 8 or my Motorola g7 Power, it's all metric.  I have everything set to imperial (mostly because I live in the US and think that way), but I can deal with metric just fine.
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 10-19 12:54
It was?  In the Flight Data Center and flight replays on either my #$%^&* iPhone 8 or my Motorola g7 Power, it's all metric.  I have everything set to imperial (mostly because I live in the US and think that way), but I can deal with metric just fine.

Thats odd - I'm in the UK and although I fly the MA2 it obviously uses the same fly app. I use iOS too and in the flight centre my totals are recorded in feet per flight and miles for the total.
2020-10-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-19 13:30
Thats odd - I'm in the UK and although I fly the MA2 it obviously uses the same fly app. I use iOS too and in the flight centre my totals are recorded in feet per flight and miles for the total.

That is odd AJ.  I normally use the Android rather than my #$%^& iPhone, but checked earlier this morning on both phones, and everything is set for Imperial.  When I fly, I see Imperial measurements, but in the Flight Data Center, in my profile in the Fly App, and when I replay a flight in the Fly App, it's all metric.  verified that on both phones this morning.

These were taken from the Android, but the iPhone is the same.
Both are on version 1.1.10

2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 10-19 13:52
That is odd AJ.  I normally use the Android rather than my #$%^& iPhone, but checked earlier this morning on both phones, and everything is set for Imperial.  When I fly, I see Imperial measurements, but in the Flight Data Center, in my profile in the Fly App, and when I replay a flight in the Fly App, it's all metric.  verified that on both phones this morning.

[view_image]

It must be either an FCC/CE thing or MM/MA2.
2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_cSREhRgXFY1t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217638 ft
United States

I have this issue on my Galaxy S9 also. I am using a Mini 2 which I just got for Christmas.

We are coming up on a YEAR! Please provide an update to this!
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_7fjkM0kNK21T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161549 ft
United States

Any update on this?  I just got my mini 2, and have been frustrated that I have everything set to imperical, but the flight data center still shows altitude, distance, and speed in meters and meters/second.  While I agree that everything would be much easier for everything in the US to be metric, the fact of the matter is that almost all of us who are used to everyday distances in ft and miles, and speed in mph.  There's no everyday frame of reference to fully understand how far 1500 meters is or how fast i'm actually traveling in meters/sec.  I know that the store is 2 miles from my house, but would have to do the math to know how far that is in meters/km.  
2021-1-4
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-2 16:18

Can you also see if they will increase those tiny satellite number. They are just to small.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_7O8sBMkADN57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4791266 ft
United States

I have the same problem. The Fly App settings are at imperial and the flight altitude, etc, is recorded as imperial but in the DJI Flight Data Center I read meters.  I have talked online to DJI tech support & was told to log out and back in to the app. I did so. Still meters. I went back to tech support.  But they could not offer any further help. I notice this thread began on 1 January 2020.  I write this on 5 January 2021.
2021-1-5
Use props
clinton4191
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2960043 ft
United States

In my DJI GO 4 app it's in imperial but in my DJI FLY app it's not.  Same phone.
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_3IVT3vIXnoDx
New
Flight distance : 42703 ft
United States

Still an issue
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_3IVT3vIXnoDx
New
Flight distance : 42703 ft
United States

Still an issue
2021-3-18
Use props
DavidMA2
lvl.1

United States

AS OF 3/19/21 STILL AN ISSUE.  IF GOING TO BE SOLD IN U.S. IT NEEDS TO BE COMPATABLE.  THANKS.
2021-3-19
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

How is this forum getting the Flight distance in our profile? In my DJI Fly app the distance shows 18.7 km but here on my profile it says 96493 ft (which converts to 29.4 km)
2021-3-20
Use props
Turdpeterson
New

United States

Anoying bug  as i dont understand metric system in terms of distance and height, but i do perfer metric tools over imperial super easy there
2021-3-24
Use props
MikeS12
New
Flight distance : 373097 ft
United States

I am having this same issue with my ma2
2021-4-8
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Turdpeterson Posted at 3-24 14:10
Anoying bug  as i dont understand metric system in terms of distance and height, but i do perfer metric tools over imperial super easy there

Known to be inaccurate.  It gets it when you enable data sync between the phone app and DJI,  Mine jumped a couple hundred thousand feet a few months ago.  Lots or people have reported similar.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_jVYyDRZ1PO0C
lvl.1

United States

why hasnt his issue been fixed.....this is pretty annoying and such an easy fix....like hurry up
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_jVYyDRZ1PO0C
lvl.1

United States

why hasnt his issue been fixed.....this is pretty annoying and such an easy fix....like hurry up
2021-4-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules