Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Experiencing Propeller Interference
1002 6 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surfer_Dylan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100988 ft
United States

Hi, new Mavic Pro user, been taking it out every weekend here in Hawaii to practice. Took it to the beach today to catch some surfers, and I didn't notixe it at the time, but when I transferred the video to my desktop, a lot of the shots were bad because of the propeller "interference" or whatever the word it. Is there a simple fix for this? Maybe I'm missing a setting?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u0THcrlGegqVzLhZuWoOzWtlynXyjuzy/view?usp=sharing

2020-1-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

By chance are you pushing drone hard into a strong wind or flying really fast when you see Prop interference?

Have you over-ridden amount of Tilt to where you can tilt camera up beyond level?

2020-1-1
Use props
Surfer_Dylan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100988 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-1 15:35
By chance are you pushing drone hard into a strong wind or flying really fast when you see Prop interference?

Have you over-ridden amount of Tilt to where you can tilt camera up beyond level?

I had drone in P-Mode, and was flying backwards at top speed...but didn't change the tilt settings. You can't actually see the props in the video, just that weird interference/shadow that ruins the shot.
2020-1-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

Surfer_Dylan Posted at 1-1 16:03
I had drone in P-Mode, and was flying backwards at top speed...but didn't change the tilt settings. You can't actually see the props in the video, just that weird interference/shadow that ruins the shot.

try and replace your SD card with a higher quality one and see if that makes a difference.
2020-1-11
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

From another pilot, FLPilotShark:

For the saving issue, please kindly use the recommended SD card to try again if possible. Below are the recommended SD cards for Mavic Pro:
1. Lexar:633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;
2. Panasonic:16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
3. Sandisk:Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
4. Lexar 633X Class10 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-3 SD card;
5. Sandisk:Extreme 128GB MicroSDHC V30 SD card.
Also, please backup the data in the SD card first and try to format the SD card on the PC. Then try to take the photo again.
If you want to take clear photos and post-production, we suggest you choose JPEG+RAW mode. You can export the DNG photos from SD card to the PC, and use the professional software to edit.

Hope this helps.
Should you have any problems, please feel free to let us know, we are always here for you.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a great day.
Best Regards
Po
DJI Technical Support
2020-3-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It has NOTHING to do with the SD card, please stop throwing red herrings across the trail. It is propeller shadow, which appears when the angle of the sun is just right to throw a shadow of the propeller across the lens of the camera. There is no cure for it other than re-positioning the aircraft to avoid it, and no amount of playing with settings will stop it.
2020-3-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

Lonesome Crow Posted at 3-18 08:37
From another pilot, FLPilotShark:

For the saving issue, please kindly use the recommended SD card to try again if possible. Below are the recommended SD cards for Mavic Pro:

that's what I figured LC
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules