Did I get another dud as a replacement?
818 10 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

So, last year I had my Mavic replaced because the gimbal just quit working after 90 total minutes of flight.

I got a dud as a replacement so DJI replaced that one and I've been using Mavic number three for most of the year, until I crashed it into a tree. Totally my fault.

DJI Care took care of the damage for a fee which is to be expected. It was my fault after all.

I reeceived a refurbished Mavic (number 4) replacement a couple days ago and got a chance to fly yesterday. I encountered a couple times where the video showed signs of something wrong.

Here is a You Tube link of a snippet of video showing a problem at 9 seconds in, 18 and 21 seconds.

I also noticed that at the nine minute mark when shooting when the file needs to split because it gets too big the video on the phone app display got all sorts of wonky and froze and then eventually the app showed recording had stopped. I had to start it again. I always start the shot w=before takeoff and stop after landing so I have a complete record of the entire flight. I never had a problem with the split video files before this.

Did I get another dud as a replacement? What do you folks think?

Mavice number three was solid and never showed any of these anomalies. I'm not sure about Mavic number four.

Cheers,
TJ

2020-1-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

By chance are you using a different microSD card than one used before the crash?  Possibly a microSD card that is not fast enough?

Have you tried a different microSD card?

It is possible you got a replacement drone, which has a problem with chipset for microSD card.  Seen some pretty flaky things with my several Mavic Pro Platinum drones.
2020-1-1
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

>..   I also noticed that at the nine minute mark when shooting when the file needs to split because it gets too big the video on the phone app display got all sorts of wonky and froze and then eventually the app showed recording had stopped. I had to start it again. I always start the shot w=before takeoff and stop after landing so I have a complete record of the entire flight. I never had a problem with the split video files before this.

Sounds somewhat similar to the issue I'm having - split files, restart of recording needed,  wonky cam/gimball ...

Whats more, this also is on the replacement drone - I had the DJI support / servicing plan which replaced my original drone, with, apparently, brand-new replacement - as original crashed due mulfunction.

I was assured the new given one is a complete new drone.   I'm wondering ....

I also upgraded whole firmware to latest, just another day. Still the issue is there.   Might be same thing as yours., might be.

I dunno if we should perhaps check both our dron'es production year / quarter, or something... Or, return for refresh again.
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the said issue. I would recommend to please try doing a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please try to calibrate the IMU and Gimbal of the said drone after the firmware refresh. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

To answer some questions raised...

I'm using the same SD card. It's an expensive Sandisk Extreme card.

I will attempt to update firmware.
2020-1-2
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

To DJI Paladin - the link you provided was for Mavic MINI, not Mavic Pro.

I cannot install the correct Mavic Pro version of the assistant app. I frankly don't understand why I'd need to update the firmware and a supposedly "new" unit.
2020-1-2
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

RayZorFist Posted at 1-2 16:58
To DJI Paladin - the link you provided was for Mavic MINI, not Mavic Pro.

I cannot install the correct Mavic Pro version of the assistant app. I frankly don't understand why I'd need to update the firmware and a supposedly "new" unit.

Firmware upgrade did not help me - still same experience.

Also note, they / DJI note that after upgrade to latest you won't be able to downgrade - I don't know if that is an issue possibly for you .

2020-1-3
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

RayZorFist Posted at 1-2 16:01
To answer some questions raised...

I'm using the same SD card. It's an expensive Sandisk Extreme card.

I also note that I have tried 2 different card types after the drone replacement (brand new by DJI service plan).   

Issue is same, on slower or faster (ScanDisk ultimate)  card.   (by the specs , ultimate is not even required per DJI specs, there is a thread on that on this forum.)
2020-1-3
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 13:30
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the said issue. I would recommend to please try doing a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2  to isolate the issue. Please try to calibrate the IMU and Gimbal of the said drone after the firmware refresh. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I have calibrated Gimbal few times on this replacement drone.  Calibrated compass couple of times.

Don't know about IMU, didn't know there is a setting to calibrate it.
2020-1-3
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

v01d Posted at 1-3 19:50
I have calibrated Gimbal few times on this replacement drone.  Calibrated compass couple of times.

Don't know about IMU, didn't know there is a setting to calibrate it.

Try here:

2020-1-7
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

Gazmg Posted at 1-7 01:41
Try here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD8qFRRv-c

Oh super !

Thank you very much