56226 109 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manos_ir
lvl.2
Greece

still waiting ...
drone is kind of useless without SDK support ,
only if you need a toy for amature videos.
2020-4-29
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 14:31
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Mini is expected to support SDK in April 2020, including WSDK, MSDK. Thank you for your valued support.

Hey it’s now May 2020, any updates on SDK?
2020-5-1
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

manos_ir Posted at 4-29 01:42
still waiting ...
drone is kind of useless without SDK support ,
only if you need a toy for amature videos.

But it is a toy for amateur videos...cannot see how the third party support will improve dramatically the Mini. It may give RAW format for photographs and some more quickshots but I doubt these will make it suitable for proffesionals
2020-5-1
Use props
Wald
lvl.1

Russia

Thalisbl Posted at 5-1 05:41
But it is a toy for amateur videos...cannot see how the third party support will improve dramatically the Mini. It may give RAW format for photographs and some more quickshots but I doubt these will make it suitable for proffesionals

i am need Litchi fpv vr mode - its amazing!
2020-5-3
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 4-24 18:40
Waiting for this SDK as well.

Hi, you say you're waiting for the SDK as well.  
Can i ask what you'll be expecting to do/ create with it?
Cheers
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

PhasedSpaces Posted at 5-3 05:39
Hi, you say you're waiting for the SDK as well.  
Can i ask what you'll be expecting to do/ create with it?
Cheers

Waypoint missions.
2020-5-3
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 5-3 08:29
Waypoint missions.

That would certainly be useful.
Tell me,  given the theoretical range of the Mini due to its battery life, can a way-point mission be set up that WILL take the drone out of transmitter range, but can the SDK allow you to override the RTH function, so that the drone can complete its way-point mission autonomously?
2020-5-3
Use props
AFount
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687169 ft
United States

PhasedSpaces Posted at 5-3 08:56
Tell me,  given the theoretical range of the Mini due to its battery life, can a way-point mission be set up that WILL take the drone out of transmitter range, but can the SDK allow you to override the RTH function, so that the drone can complete its way-point mission autonomously?

If it were possible to connect the mini to Mission Planner with Arducopter then i'm sure those paramaters could be adjusted.  My first drone was a Skyviper that I could load up with  a mission and let it fly beyond the 200 meter point.
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

PhasedSpaces Posted at 5-3 08:56

I see no reason why it should behave differently than the Mavic 2 in this regard, so yes it should be able to fly beyond signal range to complete a mission.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_nUCVagN8CWhF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft

United States

April has come and gone and still no Mavic Mini SDK. Are there any new predicted dates. I cannot unlock my Mini most of the time since 0.0500 came out.I am in a FCC Class C Air Space and I cannot unlock, because every time I unlock it asks me to unlock again, ad infinitum.
2020-5-4
Use props
robegian
lvl.2
Italy

The Mini can deliver professionally usable video contents  and it's definitely more than a toy.

Mini's SDK publication could lead to interesting functions in Litchi like waypoints navigation and even active tracking.
2020-5-5
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

robegian Posted at 5-5 01:10
The Mini can deliver professionally usable video contents  and it's definitely more than a toy.

Mini's SDK publication could lead to interesting functions in Litchi like waypoints navigation and even active tracking.

I am not professional but I do like to take videos and photos with Mini. I am very satisfied with the quality of them but I assume most professionals would apriciate raw photos, 4K video etc
Also having a look in youtube, and following some 'professionals' accounts there, I wonder how many of them using active tracking, for example.
2020-5-5
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Mini is expected to support SDK in April 2020, including WSDK, MSDK. Thank you for your valued support.

It’s May 2020 any update on the SDK release?
2020-5-5
Use props
minorLeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97992 ft
Germany

I‘m waiting too. Do you have informations for us?
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_QTZx5zmcNY9W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54577 ft
Belgium

Hello we are in may and as I know there is still not SDK for Mavic mini. Any reason why that?
2020-5-6
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

djiuser_QTZx5zmcNY9W Posted at 5-6 23:41
Hello we are in may and as I know there is still not SDK for Mavic mini. Any reason why that?

I had read that it would be postponed until mid-year.
Will you make an app or wait for Litchi to work wonders?
2020-5-7
Use props
COOTS
lvl.4

United States

DJI released on May 7th, 2020 a SDK update for the new M300.
You see, the Mini is low priority, Enterprise aircraft  higher priority.
2020-5-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

COOTS Posted at 5-8 22:28
DJI released on May 7th, 2020 a SDK update for the new M300.
You see, the Mini is low priority, Enterprise aircraft  higher priority.

And how do you know which was started first?
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spark was 14 months old before we seen sdk release , early days yet.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_QTZx5zmcNY9W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54577 ft
Belgium

Renato61 Posted at 5-7 00:24
I had read that it would be postponed until mid-year.
Will you make an app or wait for Litchi to work wonders?

Waiting to use Litchi application
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

SDK 4.12 released today, no support for Mavic Mini yet
Thx for hearing us DJI....
2020-5-10
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT Posted at 5-10 01:40
SDK 4.12 released today, no support for Mavic Mini yet
Thx for hearing us DJI....

... Maybe it will come together with the air 2?
2020-5-10
Use props
Giuseppe ITA
lvl.2

Italy

I've read on github that the SDK release for the Mavic mini is programmed in july while mavic air2 is planned later in semptember.  
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT
lvl.2
Ukraine

Giuseppe ITA Posted at 5-12 00:40
I've read on github that the SDK release for the Mavic mini is programmed in july while mavic air2 is planned later in semptember.

Can you please share a link on GitHub, where SDK plans was discussed? I tried to google it but failed
2020-5-12
Use props
Tempomaster
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT Posted at 5-12 10:41
Can you please share a link on GitHub, where SDK plans was discussed? I tried to google it but failed

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/455#issuecomment-624423625

2020-5-12
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I wish it is July... they've left us out to dry with this one.
2020-5-12
Use props
manos_ir
lvl.2
Greece

you can install 3rd party apps
and you can use your drone further than make fun videos...
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT
lvl.2
Ukraine

Tempomaster Posted at 5-12 10:50
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/455#issuecomment-624423625

Great thx for the link! July is better than never =)
2020-5-13
Use props
IMA_djiuser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15633 ft
Canada

Neal the Wheel Posted at 4-24 18:10
as you can see a newbie, so newbie question, what is this SDK this thread is asking about, what does it do with the MM? thanks

Hoping I get this answer right.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It is supposed to allow programmers the abilty to modify the code used by the MM.
2020-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I wonder how many people buy a drone only because company might release SDK. On this thread it’s do or die for the mini. I can tell most that they might be very dissapointed with what might come after this release, I think saving up for an Air2 is a pretty good option.
2020-5-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

IMA_djiuser Posted at 5-13 13:06
Hoping I get this answer right.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It is supposed to allow programmers the abilty to modify the code used by the MM.

Not quite. It is designed to allow COMPETANT programmers to write their own ORIGINAL code from scratch.
2020-5-13
Use props
Giuseppe ITA
lvl.2

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 5-13 14:03
I wonder how many people buy a drone only because company might release SDK. On this thread it’s do or die for the mini. I can tell most that they might be very dissapointed with what might come after this release, I think saving up for an Air2 is a pretty good option.

Air2 would be first choice for me, but here in Europe buying one now, few months before new EASA regulations become operative, would mean to be doomed to use it with very strong restrictions forever. Actually I am waiting for new regulations (we are not sure if they'll be operative from July first or from 2021) to see how they will affect Air2 in terms of areas it will be allowed to fly; if SDK comes first and Litchi extend support to the M M the gap between the two reduces fairly and Mini becomes a very interesting drone that can fly almost everywhere.
2020-5-13
Use props
fans11404d75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17920 ft
Germany

Giuseppe ITA Posted at 5-13 21:14
Air2 would be first choice for me, but here in Europe buying one now, few months before new EASA regulations become operative, would mean to be doomed to use it with very strong restrictions forever. Actually I am waiting for new regulations (we are not sure if they'll be operative from July first or from 2021) to see how they will affect Air2 in terms of areas it will be allowed to fly; if SDK comes first and Litchi extend support to the M M the gap between the two reduces fairly and Mini becomes a very interesting drone that can fly almost everywhere.

How to you come to this intressting conclusion?  I already read similar on the web. Only the fact that a drone has been released prior to a release of new regulations does not grant it is outdated due to those! Im Quit sure that DJI Plans to sell the Mavice Air two for mor then just a few month. Once the EU Goverment manages to finalize this (wich well might take a few more years given my experience with new EU regulations) DJI will qualify the Air 2 under this rouls ( wich she will easily pass since the planed for that  was can bee known by e.g. 68.4km/h speed limit) for existing coutomers they only need to have the certificate ready for download and that´s it...

Mine arived on last friday and it´s pure FUN!
2020-5-18
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

fans11404d75 Posted at 5-18 01:29
How to you come to this intressting conclusion?  I already read similar on the web. Only the fact that a drone has been released prior to a release of new regulations does not grant it is outdated due to those! Im Quit sure that DJI Plans to sell the Mavice Air two for mor then just a few month. Once the EU Goverment manages to finalize this (wich well might take a few more years given my experience with new EU regulations) DJI will qualify the Air 2 under this rouls ( wich she will easily pass since the planed for that  was can bee known by e.g. 68.4km/h speed limit) for existing coutomers they only need to have the certificate ready for download and that´s it...

Mine arived on last friday and it´s pure FUN!

The non-us version even lacks a hardware-modul. So, when the EU regulations are finished, DJI will probably make the Air2 fit to match it.

But the old ones, dont get magically a hardware module and therefore I doubt they will automatically fit in the same category.

So either DJI will have a kinda service, where someone has to pay for things or it will be not upgraded and you have an expensive paperweight then.
2020-5-18
Use props
Giuseppe ITA
lvl.2

Italy

thE29 Posted at 5-18 02:09
The non-us version even lacks a hardware-modul. So, when the EU regulations are finished, DJI will probably make the Air2 fit to match it.

But the old ones, dont get magically a hardware module and therefore I doubt they will automatically fit in the same category.

Those UAS that will not comply EASA Regulation (as the Mavic air2 before EASA rules apply) will be forced in A3 category, UAS below 500 gr will fly in A1 untill 2022

[...]
Article 22 - Transitional provisions Regulation (EU) 2019/947 Without prejudice to Article 20, the use of UAS in the ‘open’ category which do not comply with the requirements of Parts 1 to 5 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 shall be allowed for a transitional period of two years starting one year after the date of entry into force of this Regulation, subject to the following conditions: (a) unmanned aircraft with a maximum take-off mass of less than 500 g are operated within the operational requirements set out in points UAS.OPEN.020(1) of Part A of the Annex by a remote pilot having competency level defined by the Member State concerned;

UAS.OPEN.020
UAS operations in subcategory A1 shall comply with all of the following conditions:
[...]
(5) be performed with an unmanned aircraft that:
[…]
(d) is marked as class C1 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 2 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification and geo-awareness systems.
2020-5-18
Use props
iadesdragon
lvl.1
Germany

Giuseppe ITA Posted at 5-18 06:10
Those UAS that will not comply EASA Regulation (as the Mavic air2 before EASA rules apply) will be forced in A3 category, UAS below 500 gr will fly in A1 untill 2022

[...]

And the Air2 does not fulfill the requirements because?
2020-5-19
Use props
iadesdragon
lvl.1
Germany

iadesdragon Posted at 5-19 01:07

Basically the new rule are know since Feb 19 and should have been brought in action in Jun 19 ( wich is in a few weeks ) ADB-S is NOT a requirement of the new EASA rules ( that is why dying decides to leave them out because of an shortage ).

Any Developer who would design a drone to be sold in Europe for the last Two years will have made the design to match the rules.

The Air2 sure would have been certified BUT due to the lag of process on the EASA/EU side the process to certify a drone is not in place, so nobody ( not DJI nor any other manufacturer ) can Certify a Drone right now.

As soon as this can be done DJI or any other company will do so for all the drones they still want to sell. The requirements of certification are not very hard to control in design ( Basically Altitude and Speed Limits wich are software and the resulting physical energy limits that come from wight to the drone and speeds ) have to be shown within the verification request documents. This is a very straight forward process the I do several times every year for products my team develops and will not cost dji a fortune to do ( some few k€ the most ).

In a document like this normally all Production versions this is valid to are called out, even if it is build bevor the release of the Standart it still applies)

In case someone will EVER check your and your drone personally, or in case of an incident the only thing legally required is this certification document. Wich they simply can and will provide on the Downloads Page of the Air 2 on the web page.

The rules for "uncertified" drones is only in there to not force all the owner of cheap old "China" Drones to throw these to the Bin ( because that would be illegal by the state to do so, at least in Europe ) so you are still allowed to fly those under very limited conditions ( wich is basically the usual case of flying anyway )

The sole Problem still is that I would be required to be "Marked as Cx" by:

"It breaks new grounds by combining Product legislation and Aviation legislation. Indeed, design requirements for small drones will be implemented by using the legislation relative to making products available on the market (the well-known CE marking). The standard CE mark will be accompanied by the identification of the class of the drone (from C0 to C4) and by a do’s and don’ts consumer information that will be found in all drone boxes. Based on the drone class an operator will know in which area he can operate and what competence is required."

In Case of the Air2 (wich fulfills all requirements of the C1 Class) DJI would also be required to add the C1 Mark

to the Drone itself following the rules given by the CE Marking requirements (you can buy CE Stickers all over the place) because in the end as with CE all that matters is the certification document.

SO either DJI overs a sticker in the Shop or they start an "exchange" Programm where you can send in your drone to get the label replaced for a small fee. There are dozens of ways to handle this problem and the EASA will sure be open to those because it is neither our nor DJI´s fault they did not get their latest ... straight in time.

BTW. any bet we all will be flying the air 3 by the time the got this nailed... right now there is no guaranteed date when these new rules will be official law in Europes ember states. the two year period cannot star before this is the case to who seriously will be still flying his AIR 2 in three or more years....

2020-5-19
Use props
iadesdragon
lvl.1
Germany

iadesdragon Posted at 5-19 01:52
Basically the new rule are know since Feb 19 and should have been brought in action in Jun 19 ( wich is in a few weeks ) ADB-S is NOT a requirement of the new EASA rules ( that is why dying decides to leave them out because of an shortage ).

Any Developer who would design a drone to be sold in Europe for the last Two years will have made the design to match the rules.

wich made me curious since I´m quite involved into all this CE Stuff since the turn of the centrury...

Basically DJI could have but does not need to add the Class Information to the Documents and the Drone. Nonetheless since it has been designed, CE certificated and released after the Implementation Process started it needs to fulfill those even if it is not certified right now ( can't be since there still is no process for that). Since the July 2020 Date is in flames right now this is of no means anyway. Sure is that DJI is not required to mark it as C1 even if it actually is, this also might be thru for the time being (but it is not specified how long this period exists for an just released product).

where it all comes into place is wen finally  the "real" July 2020 happens! The turning point of all this is two things:

1) You need to register a C1 Droen with the officials and get a "license plate" for it!
2) You need to pass the online exam to do so (right now nobody has an idea how this should be done!)

While registering the Drone you very likely have to do two things:
1) prove you got the exam
2) "prove" your drone is a certified one ( wich most likely will be picking it from a list of certified ones )

So, as the circle draws close, DJI needs to certify it as soon as this is possible...
That's it...
2020-5-19
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

iadesdragon Posted at 5-19 03:15
wich made me curious since I´m quite involved into all this CE Stuff since the turn of the centrury...

Basically DJI could have but does not need to add the Class Information to the Documents and the Drone. Nonetheless since it has been designed, CE certificated and released after the Implementation Process started it needs to fulfill those even if it is not certified right now ( can't be since there still is no process for that). Since the July 2020 Date is in flames right now this is of no means anyway. Sure is that DJI is not required to mark it as C1 even if it actually is, this also might be thru for the time being (but it is not specified how long this period exists for an just released product).

According to some rumors, the EU regulations got postponed to end 2020 or sth like that. Or there is an idea to postpone it.

Ok, ADS-B is needed in EASA but only when this happens:"Non-fixed wing aircraft with a maximum certified take-off mass exceeding 5 700 kg or having a maximum cruising true airspeed capability greater than 250 knots are to be equipped with secondary surveillance radar transponders..."

I would say the Mini and Air2 are safe from that
2020-5-19
Use props
Giuseppe ITA
lvl.2

Italy

iadesdragon Posted at 5-19 01:07

Because to my knowledgs an air2  "is not marked as class C1 and is not operated with active and updated direct remote identification (trasponder) and geo-awareness systems".

That said the only thing one can do is to wait until EASA regulation becomes operative to see if Dji starts to put those labels on the air2 and the required hardware too.
Of course there are pleny of scenarios where Dji can claim their drones are C1 even if they don't have a label on but they hardly will be able to install a hardware on any UAS sold before EASA regulation had become operative.
2020-5-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules