815 2 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Big__Smoke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190197 ft
Germany

Dear all,

i was looking to unlock the blue geo zone at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund, Germany. As I need to state, that I am authorized to fly my mavic mini here, I contacted Borussia Dortmund to clarify. Secutity department told me they do not allow private quadcopters to fly around the stadium at all.
On what legal base can they prohibit me to do so?

I do not understand what the exact definition of a blue zone is and what steps I have to do to fly here. Unlocking seems kind of easy, but what is the legal backround.
I understand the premise if the blue zone is arround an airport or something, that I need to fly with extra caution. But how can a privat institution (BVB) prohibit me from flying on public property around the stadium?

If you guys can enlighten me, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Marcel
2020-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To unlock you should first have permission to fly there,  for example in the blue zone around an airport you need to contact the air traffic control tower and ask for permission.    As for the stadium you should seek permission to fly there,  for all you know they might allow helicopters to land there.
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you fore reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules