Having some red lights but no errors?
5569 20 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

Hey guys,

I'm probably having a problem but actually don't know what it is   After I take off, (maybe it starts before take off I don't know) my Mavic Mini flashes 2 times red in between normal green status flashes. It's like 8-10 times normal status (green), and then 2 long (like 1s each) red flashes. Why do you think it happens, could you help me please? I didn't see any errors, I might be too noob or unaware of something, so here is the records of that flight. Since I intentionally started that video to show you the issue, yes, that happened to me before also... Thanks in advance

Flight record:
phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UGPAR9XWPRI0QYHMBO6E/

Here's a video clip of screen recording while I'm getting that 2 red flashes.

2020-1-2
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

Oh guys while you see the video, I better ask this too:

Why my screen looks weird after the last update? It's not fitted to the screen. Of course, it's not 16:9 screen (Note9) but it wasn't like this before...
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It could be the No Fly  or Restricted Zone proximity warning

Check DJI fly safe to see if you are near one, when flying in this area

https://www.dji.com/au/flysafe

2020-1-2
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

lannes Posted at 1-2 04:09

Check DJI fly safe to see if you are near one, when flying in this area

Thanks for the info dude, and yeah I was flying/living in both Authorization blue and 150m grey area you can see from the image below. Do you think it happens because I'm in the the grey and blue zones, or because I'm near to a red zone? (The closest point for the red zone on the right is around 850-900 meters by the way)

2020-1-2
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-2 04:09

Check DJI fly safe to see if you are near one, when flying in this area

That's correct , had the same problem month ago.
Why there is no error codes reference in the manual is beyond me.
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

yamyamu Posted at 1-2 04:37
Thanks for the info dude, and yeah I was flying/living in both Authorization blue and 150m grey area you can see from the image below. Do you think it happens because I'm in the the grey and blue zones, or because I'm near to a red zone? (The closest point for the red zone on the right is around 850-900 meters by the way)
I would say the warning is for the grey zone

Click on any spot in the map and it will tell you what zone and why

You are in the altitude zone for a high risk airport (the grey area) -
Etimesgut Air Base

An Altitude Zone is an area of restricted flight altitude. Each of these  zones consists of two parts. Part one is a 60-meter height-restricted  area, which extends 3.6 km outwards from the four corners of a  Restricted Zone at an angle of 8.5°. Part two is a 150-meter  height-restricted area, which extends 8.4 km outwards from the corners  of part one.

2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You should test for all us,  if you fly your Mini into the Restricted Air space that it will land immediately or continue to fly
2020-1-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-2 05:32
You should test for all us,  if you fly your Mini into the Restricted Air space that it will land immediately or continue to fly
I live in a restricted zone (marked in grey), once i adjusted (by mistake) the altitude to above 150m and it tells you that you're in a restricted zone. You click ok and you can fly anyway. I always stay in the UK limit of 120m. So no worries
2020-1-2
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

lannes Posted at 1-2 05:32

Ahaha dude I'd love to try that and inform you about it too... But the red zone which is on the top right corner is presidential complex of our great world leader Mr. Erdogan   So I don't feel like I have enough balls to try out that place lol.

Also top ones (Etimesgut and Guvercinlik) are also high level military base, even if I pass Sakıp Sabancı Road they would just put a little 7.62 on the MM like the Bob Ross..

I better find a low risk red zone for that. I hate living in the damn capital. Thanks for all your help by the way dude
2020-1-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

yamyamu Posted at 1-3 00:33
Ahaha dude I'd love to try that and inform you about it too... But the red zone which is on the top right corner is presidential complex of our great world leader  Mr. Erdogan   So I don't feel like I have enough balls to try out that place lol.

Also top ones (Etimesgut and Guvercinlik) are also high level military base, even if I pass Sakıp Sabancı Road they would just put a little 7.62 on the MM like the Bob Ross..

That's so funny,

Knocking on the doors of the presidential palace and asking the Bordo Bereliler for your mavic mini back would  be hilarious and worthy of a viral video
You'd probably get a lot of hits but maybe not from youtube

2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-3 00:58
The two slow red pulses between normal green flashes is to alert you that you are in, or very near, restricted airspace or an NFZ.  The code has been around since at least the Vision+.  If you watch the video below & skip forward to around 3:50 you will see the same code repeat itself several times over the next 30-40 seconds.  It is serving as an NFZ proximity alert for the two stadiums just off to the west (left) as the drone enters the downtown area.  Once the drone flies a bit further the warning abates.

Thank you for clarifying this, Dirty Bird. For whatever reason, DJI neglected to list that in the 'Aircraft Status Indicator States' section (Page 12) of the manual for the Mavic Mini.

2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

You're right, there are some additional LED warning states explained on page 37.

I was just sharing my opinion that it seemed odd to exclude any warning states from the "Warning States" category of the "Aircraft Status Indicator States" section.

Not a big deal as it's all in the manual one place or another. But seems a bit weird to have a large yet incomplete table of warning LEDs, and then a few equally important ones sprinkled in 25 pages later.
2020-1-3
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-3 00:58
The two slow red pulses between normal green flashes is to alert you that you are in, or very near, restricted airspace or an NFZ.  It's telling you right on your display you are in a restricted altitude zone...150 meters max.  That's why you are getting the warning lights.  The code has been around since at least the Vision+.  If you watch the video below & skip forward to around 3:50 you will see the same code repeat itself several times over the next 30-40 seconds.  It is serving as an NFZ proximity alert for the two stadiums just off to the west (left) as the drone enters the downtown area.  Once the drone flies a bit further the warning abates.

Bullseye sir! I really appreciate your help, there wouldn’t be an exact answer more than this. Thanks a lot
2020-1-4
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

lannes Posted at 1-3 00:45
That's so funny,

Knocking on the doors of the presidential palace and asking the Bordo Bereliler for your mavic mini back would  be hilarious and worthy of a viral video

Dude ahahhaha

Since our “galaxy leader not world sorry” is somewhat afraid of his own citizens, I don’t think I can even make through the gate. They’re literally just too paranoid and you can’t get closer enough even for getting beaten lol...

About a year ago, my friend pased back and forth a few times for going car mechanic, grocery etc. from that upper road you see. And he came back like: ”Duuuuude you wont believe it, they just stopped me and asked why I’m trespassing here too much and did a criminal record seach on me”. So looks like just driving on a nearby f*kin public road is stressy, I can’t imagine their reaction to the drones )

By the way, soon I’ll share a video that how they maxed out their GPS jammer rigs that affects at least 10 kilometers, you’ll be amazed when you see how drones react. While seeing your problems are just boxer kangaroos and venomus spiders, I envy :/
2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK Posted at 1-3 02:17
You're right, there are some additional LED warning states explained on page 37.

I was just sharing my opinion that it seemed odd to exclude any warning states from the "Warning States" category of the "Aircraft Status Indicator States" section.

@Dirty Bird - thanks for answering this query.

@....PkZgsK - I concur that if DJI is going to insert a table of LED warnings it should be all inclusive to make it a readily available and usable resource.  

However, DJI is not the only company to put out an incomplete or NOT user friendly User Manual.
2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 04:47
@Dirty Bird - thanks for answering this query.

@....PkZgsK - I concur that if DJI is going to insert a table of LED warnings it should be all inclusive to make it a readily available and usable resource.  

I know what you are saying there. I bought a set of knock off airpods just to see what they could do and the instructions, if you want to call them that, were atrocious. I pretty much had to figure the thing out myself.
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

yamyamu Posted at 1-4 04:38
Dude ahahhaha

Since our “galaxy leader not world sorry” is somewhat afraid of his own citizens, I don’t think I can even make through the gate. They’re literally just too paranoid and you can’t get closer enough even for getting beaten lol...

You  forgot bush fires as well

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/ ... intl-hnk/index.html

We also have a super popular Prime Minister LOL

2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-4 04:49
I know what you are saying there. I bought a set of knock off airpods just to see what they could do and the instructions, if you want to call them that, were atrocious. I pretty much had to figure the thing out myself.

JodyB, I can't count how many times I have ordered something that had to be put together and then trying to read instructions that were poorly written made them useless.  Worse yet is to get a poorly written set of instructions without pictures.  Luckily, with a little trial and error I was able to persevere and get it together.  LOL
2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 05:42
JodyB, I can't count how many times I have ordered something that had to be put together and then trying to read instructions that were poorly written made them useless.  Worse yet is to get a poorly written set of instructions without pictures.  Luckily, with a little trial and error I was able to persevere and get it together.  LOL

The absolute worst is things for the kids. Play sets of some sort that have a ton of nuts and bolts of all different sizes and none of them are indicated as to which goes where so I end up just guessing at it and hoping I got it right and not hurt or kill one of my kids. I test it myself first to make sure so please, don't get the idea that I just throw my kids to the wolves, LOL!!
2020-1-4
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

JodyB Posted at 1-4 05:56
The absolute worst is things for the kids. Play sets of some sort that have a ton of nuts and bolts of all different sizes and none of them are indicated as to which goes where so I end up just guessing at it and hoping I got it right and not hurt or kill one of my kids. I test it myself first to make sure so please, don't get the idea that I just throw my kids to the wolves, LOL!!

Guys I'm not sure but maybe it's because that table is "AC status list" and they didn't want to add these to not confuse the user? Still, they could add it as an another table though. The original English version is at least understandable.

Besides all these, I bet if you had a chance to see the Turkish version of user manual, you would try to use MM as a kitchen appliance Definitely not overexaggerating I promise... Looks like they (Karfo Karacasulu, the main and official distributor for Turkey)  literally hired a translator, give him/her money, and it's worse than Google Translate.  
Shame on you Karacasulu..

User Back

User Back

User Front

User Front

2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yamyamu Posted at 1-4 11:01
Guys I'm not sure but maybe it's because that table is "AC status list" and they didn't want to add these to not confuse the user? Still, they could add it as an another table though. The original English version is at least understandable.

Besides all these, I bet if you had a chance to see the Turkish version of user manual, you would try to use MM as a kitchen appliance  Definitely not overexaggerating I promise... Looks like they (Karfo Karacasulu, the main and official distributor for Turkey)  literally hired a translator, give him/her money, and it's worse than Google Translate.  

I don't doubt that one bit. It isn't all that great in English. I wonder how I would fair if I were Chinese with a Chinese MM manual?
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules